Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hi all, long time listener, first time forum-joiner.  Fav games would be all of the Fallouts, all of the 'Souls', and all of the Nintendos.  Fav wizard would be Fred Savage.  I joined the Idle Thumbs PSN community; looking forward to playing some games with real people who are definitely not robots.

I've listened to the podcast since pre-kickstarter but i think the only time I ever posted here was a one-off question about DOTA2 back when I was insane enough to think I would want to try that game everyone was talking about.

Hi.

Wassup!?

I'm Tim, known on the internet as Bidiot Bales. You may know me from the Double Fine ACTION forums, where I am an ACTION moderator and ACTIVE community member.

I'm SUPER excited to join this forum.

Super super excited.

;)

Talk to me! I want friends that aren't Telltale refugees. (Love you TTG refugees) <3

Welcome new folks!

I remember you from the DF forums Bidiot Bales!

Welcome new folks!

I remember you from the DF forums Bidiot Bales!

Hey Chris! Glad someone cool remembers me. ^_^

Super rad.

EDIT: Apologies to all for my over-enthusiasm.

hTx24SA.png

Hi,

I am Robert from Hungary. I am learning game-design at Budapest university. First year though. 

My assignment for this semester was to create a simple game-design for an idle game themed as a band on tour.

The biggest challenge I thought was to somehow get independent of a song's length, played by an imaginary band. Because of course a game like this shall play groovy music in the background, and that would be bad to hear songs snapping upon leveling up.

So I created a simple core loop and now I am collecting opinions in the world.

But before anyone can answer my short questions, one shall see the working prototype.

If you are curious what a first year student creates please see this one:

Click your way to have 100.000 Fans: http://test.mediaedge.hu/tapshow3/

Besides the questionnaire I am really eager to get some words from you guys.

I am all open to wisdom.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers.

post-35688-0-84051100-1452548786_thumb.png

Hellos! Nice to meet you all!
Imma newbie.

My name is Ruairí.

I am a 20 year old english lit and film studies student from Ireland.

Some of my favourite games are Fallout 3, Dark Souls, Silent Hill 2, Super Mario World, Civ 5 and Ico.
A random selection of my favourite film directors are Stanley Kubrick, David Lynch and Andrei Tarkovsky.
Some of my favourite bands are Animal Collective, Boards of Canada, Broadcast, Matmos and The Books.
Some of my favourite books are Naked Lunch, Blood Meridian, Gravity's Rainbow, East of Eden and Lord of the Rings.

Anyway hope to get some good talkings in.

Welcome!

My name is Ruairí.

One of us?

I am a 20 year old english lit and film studies student from Ireland.

One of us.  :tup:

Hello everyone,

I've been listening to Idle Thumbs for a long time, and recently decided to check out the forums. Lately I've been playing Bloodborne and Final Fantasy XII - and Nintendo Badge Arcade...

Just looking for a relaxed place to chat about video games and books for the most part.

Hi everyone,

I’ve been listening to Idle Thumbs for quite a long time. I think I started working through the oldest 'casts around the time of the hiatus, while the Kickstarter was underway (…2012?) and I’ve been a fan ever since. I always enjoyed scanning the forums here to check out the accompanying discussion on each episode, and it has finally occurred to me that perhaps I’d like to post here. 

Some things about me:

I’m almost 30. I live in London. I have played video and computer games for as long as I can remember. I was brought up playing PC games in the shareware age, which is probably what drew me to the podcast in the first place, but these days I mostly play on Sony and Nintendo platforms for the sake of convenience. 

The games I enjoy most are probably those still based on formulas that pioneered on PC, with ambitious open worlds and detailed ‘immersive sims’ being some of my favourites. But in recent years I’ve come to appreciate other trends that would once have been associated more exclusively with console gaming; in particular discovering the Souls games, and encountering Nintendo for the first time, has been a revelation. 

I like cooking and ironing, though not at the same time. I read a lot. I write a fair bit. I like writing about books and games, and sometimes movies and other things. I have a blog where I share this stuff that can be found here. I’m also pretty active on goodreads, where I’ve been cataloguing and writing something about every book I’ve read for the past few years. And inevitably I’m on twitter

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Hey all!

Been listening to Idle Thumbs (and a bunch of the others in the network) for a few years now, and it's been really great. So I thought I'd poke my head in and get more active with the community!

I'm a recent-ish graduate 3D games artist from a London university, and I'm currently living in Australia with my other half whilst he does mad-space-science, and I work on my portfolio and do some travelling on this side of the hemisphere!

I devour games pretty quickly, and I'm a sucker for single player experiences, or anything with a plot that elicits a reaction.

First game I ever played was Rebel Moon Rising (if anyone remembers that? I still have nightmares about the death scream with the player-pawn dies) but it was the original Tomb Raider that came with our first PC that kind of stole me away into video games.

Looking forward to chatting and getting to know you all!

Especially for any game jams that come up!

Also, I tweet here

-And sometimes blog about my work here

Welcome new folks! Or, new folks who are also old listeners. Enjoy the forums!

Hello!

I'm Adam from the UK and I'm 25.

I'm a composer/programmer who is currently learning Python.

My day to day job is fixing software issues on various devices alongside building fresh images for PC's.

I also run a small record label on the side and regularly DJ various events.

I got into Idle Thumbs thanks to Giant Bomb and spend most of my days at work listening to them in the background.

Glad to be aboard!

Hey everyone!

Long time listener, first time poster. I can't get enough of the content Idle Thumbs produce, and I hope to meet some like-minded people here.

Hi all! I'm Ostrich.

I have been listening to Idle Thumbs for a while, but less so ever since I got married. Mrs. Ostrich is a fan of the show (Chris Remo in particular), but...you see...to me, Idle Thumbs is a thing that is best enjoyed privately. I hope to conjure images of me hiding in a closet, unbeknownst to my wife, listening to the sweet sounds of Chris Remo, Jake Rodkin, Sean Vanaman and Ethnic Breckon.

But seriously, I'm looking to add another awesome forum to my mix of daily internet browsings, and I've been putting this one off for far too long!

Hello!

My name's Josh and I started listening to Idle Thumbs about a month ago, and have started working my way backwards (I'm at about 212 now). I'm 24, from Glasgow, Scotland and I'm a French to English translator.

I like all sorts of games, but my favourite is any Monkey Island game (yes, even MI4!), and I currently have a steam backlog of about 150 games... most recently crossed off is the original Far Cry.

Listening to all the mentions of the forums was making me feel left out, so here I am!

See you around!

Hi!

I've been an avid thumbs listener for a while and decided I should finally join the forums to participate in Wizard Jam 2016!

I'm from Belgium but currently live in Dublin where I'm doing a masters in graphics/physics/animation programming.

I've read a lot more books than played video games - I only got into the latter when I was already in college.

My favourite genres are puzzle (I love puzzles) and narrative games, e.g. The Talos Principle, The Witness, Firewatch.

Glad to be here!

Hi, I'm new (to here, not to the podcast), and wanted to say hello. I'm a Scottish guy, terribly old (nearly mid thirties!), living in Germany and working as an editor for scientific journals.

I've been gaming since I first found Gorilla on my Grandad's computer, and I particularly like strategy games and emergent storytelling (so I *really* like Crusader Kings).

Hi all!

Hi all.

I'm Pēteris from Riga, Latvia. Been listening to the cast for years, but the most I've engaged with it sending in some reader mail recently. 22 years old, got a pretty worthless bachelor's degree last year, currently working a cozy part-time job and devote most of my free time to learning gamedev, with the pipe dream of some day getting into the industry. I feel like the podcast has really shaped my understanding and appreciation of games and design, honestly the most insightful (and hilarious) discussions about gaming that I've found anywhere online.

Excited to participate in this (and hopefully future) month's Idle Book Club forum discussion and hoping to cook something up for the upcoming Wizard Jam. The community seems really lovely and unique, excited to get a bit involved.

Long time listener to the podcast. Just never thought to check the forums till now. I'm a software developer who quit his job a few months back to do a startup that aims to schedule when gamers play together. My goals are:

To get you playing video games with your friends or groups more often.

To introduce you to new friends you'd get along with.

To help find other gamers who like to play the types of games you do.

Hope to have an alpha ready in 2 months.

Yep, also a new guy here, though I've been listening for about a year or so. Hello to all that came before me.

I make fancy coffee and foods for my day job and in my spare time I'm trying to build a portfolio of art and small games to get into the industry. I'm currently learning C# and to use Unity proficiently. I mostly work in photoshop for art stuff.

I have an incomplete website if you're interested, because nothing is more professional than unfinished work: http://debonoir.net

Anyway. I have an xbone and a really crappy laptop. If you want to play games together sometime let me know. I probably don't have/can't run that game but I will politely reply to you that I'm bad at life. :)

Nice to meet you, fellow readers.