Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hi everyone! New member here, been listening to the show for a few months. Started out with Idle Thumbs ep. 207 (Bublé Bloodborne Bloodbeef) then worked my way back throughout the Soundcloud archive to episode... 156, maybe? Then I started from the beginning and worked my way through that, and then I started going through Tone Control followed by Designer Notes. Used to study computer graphics at university and really wanted to go into video games, but then I got burned out in 2012 and haven't really been able to do anything since then, but listening to these shows helped reignite my love for video games again. Now I'm working with Unity and Blender to bring an old game idea of mine to life. :)

Now I'm working with Unity and Blender to bring an old game idea of mine to life. :)

What's the old game idea?

What's the old game idea?

I've wanted to make a game with focus on social conflict for a really long time, as well as a story where reality is breaking down and the real (game) world is being affected by the way people in it think of it. The idea is to make a sort of stealth adventure game with a focus on non-violent conflict resolution to affect NPCs, thereby changing the game world. Since I really, really love games with character animation (esp. faces) that feel "alive", I want to focus on making the facial expressions and body language of characters as convincing as possible.

Hello, I just want to say Lords Management and video games and see if they will really be replaced by LOMA and video games. Also, is Chris-replying-to-this-thread-semi-regularly-with-generic-welcoming-words a robot? (its still nice even if automated)

Hello, I just want to say Lords Management and video games and see if they will really be replaced by LOMA and video games. Also, is Chris-replying-to-this-thread-semi-regularly-with-generic-welcoming-words a robot? (its still nice even if automated)

Yes, but that's just because Chris has always been a robot.

Hey. I'm new here, even though I think I created this profile a year or so ago? Which probably points out I've been listening to the podcasts for a while and not doing the forum thing. I'm a PhD student at the U. of Utah, and hate the poor, pathetic beer and liquor situation in this otherwise beautiful city (SLC). 

Hi, really like the podcast and after hearing about the forums so much, I decided to see what was up!

Hi, I've been listening to the podcast for like a year or so, and just made a forum account now! Also, if any of you other cool humans are interested, psn launched a communites thing for ps4, and no one had made an Idle Thumbs fan group, so i made one for if anyone wants to meet up with other readers.

Hi! I too have been listening to the podcasts forever, and even created a forum account last year that I immediately forgot all about. But now I remembered!

Hi, I've been listening to the podcast for like a year or so, and just made a forum account now! Also, if any of you other cool humans are interested, psn launched a communites thing for ps4, and no one had made an Idle Thumbs fan group, so i made one for if anyone wants to meet up with other readers.

We have one but it seems like it's not easy to find? If you add some people around here you should be able to see it in their profiles. Antikewl made the group if you search for him on PSN.

Ok. So brace yourselves. I have an important announcement that nobody cares about: I'm new. I've been listening since right after the kickstarter. I've gone back and listened to every episode because I liked it. It's amazing how much fun it can be to listen to people (recorded in like 2009) make predictions about what the PS3 will be like when it's potential is finally unlocked in 2015, in 2015. Anyway, hello.

Thanks! Please allow me to gush: I am a fan of your work. Please never stop. Also thanks for all the long hours of entertainment you (along with the rest of the Idle Thumbs crew) have provided.

Hey!

Looks like I'm new here. Found out about this site through Three Moves Ahead, great pod. I've played a lot of games through the years and my favorite genres are strategy and adventure. I started a games site called FireFlower Games, because of my love for games.  I'm from Sweden by the way.

Hello Fireflower! I recognise you from the Double Fine forums. Please head over to the Plug Your Shit thread and post about your site's current sale  :)  :buyme:

Hey Ben! Yeah, think I've seen you there too. I'll head over to the Plug Your Shit thread right away, thanks for the tip. :)

Hello! I am a (relatively) new person. o.o I'm also relatively new to non-free games that weren't the Nintendo ones my parents got me when I was a kid. After years of sinking thousands of hours into free mmos, I decided to stop kidding myself and admit that I am interested in video games, even critically so. (Having a friend recommend Idle Thumbs on me and also frequently chat with me about this stuff helped.) It's been a good year. 

EDIT: Oh wow, I am apparently so relatively new that I forgot I had already posted here. Sorry! D:

Oh, hello.  I'm new, so I guess this is the place to be, huh?

I've been listening to yon thumbs for a while, usually while playing video games (it just seems to make sense).  I've been listening backwards through the archives between new episodes, which is occassionally disorienting.  I finally decided to join the forums because of the upcoming jam of wizards!  I would like to be a wizard.

Hello, I am a human and not a spammer.

I like video games and wizards so I figured I had better join this thing.

My favorite video games are civ 5, tf2 or dwarf fortress if I went by hours played. My favorite wizard is probably gandalf.

Hi! I'm new here, please be nice.

I've been listening to Thumbs for years and I finally followed Ben X here as it seems like a nice place to talk about video games. I have gone under the name seregrail7 on other forums so you might have seen me knocking around other places, such as the Size Five Games forum.

Hello Paul!

Paul is ace, but is almost always wrong about films (so you lot will consistently agree with him).