Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hello people!

Been listening to the Idle Thumbs podcast for a while, new to the forums!

So I am a longtime musician/composer (mostly live theatre), now getting a programming education, doing some web dev work and going to game jams as much as I can (Stockholm area).

Also working on the music for "Planeter", a game by Ditto.

Just saying hi for now, have a nice one! :)

Hey Everyone,

I'm from Ohio, and game mostly on the PC. I recently graduated high school, and will be heading off to college in the fall. I work retail in a failing company, and study mathematics in my free time. I've been listener to the podcast for a few months now, and look forward to every wednesday night!

Hello thumbs,

I am long time listener have many laffs when I listen

I think some things we are different thought, but I have many respect for show

Daniele is good add, she play games

This is like a pure distillation of introductory posts on here, I love it.

Welcome!

Hey Thumbs. After months of hearing about the forums I decided to finally join.

I'm José, a 20yo from Venezuela and I'm an English student. Currently obsessing over Hearthstone and the X-Files.

Y'all seem cool.

EDIT: @jogarciat1 on Twitter.

Hey everyone! I've been listening to the podcast for years now and I've finally decided to stop lurking and join in. 

I'm a graphic designer working in a small studio in Brazil. I mostly play on PC, Wii U and 3DS; right now I'm trying to overcome my huuuuge backlog from the past steam sales so I'm focusing on PC for now.

I look forward to interesting and fun discussions!

Hi guys!  I made this account during the kickstarter campaign, but was terrified of forums and interacting with people for some reason and never posted.  So I'm finally joining the fray...  I've actually been mentioned on the podcast, because of my website through Squarespace, and through an email I wrote that was mentioned and never read... I still write in often hoping to one day make the cast haha! 

People seem to be saying what they do and what they play, so here goes:  I'm a professional opera singer, freelancing around the country and playing games backstage and in my free time.  I play mostly PC and 3DS, I've been playing a LOT of the latter because I was just on a 2 month contract.  

Looking forward to posting more!

Badass.  :tup: :tup:

HAHA It's a thing, for sure.  I am, however, the very definition of a starving artist sometimes.  It's still fun though to make loud noises and play dress-up though haha!

HAHA It's a thing, for sure.  I am, however, the very definition of a starving artist sometimes.  It's still fun though to make loud noises and play dress-up though haha!

My partner actually started off studying opera in college, before ultimately deciding to go after a degree with more steady work.  So even though I'm not very well versed in it, I do have a fondness for it thanks to her.  And it really is badass :)

My partner actually started off studying opera in college, before ultimately deciding to go after a degree with more steady work.  So even though I'm not very well versed in it, I do have a fondness for it thanks to her.  And it really is badass :)

That's awesome!  It really is a cool thing, and does not require too much knowledge beforehand to really enjoy!  I love going to see new shows for this very reason.  

Howdy, folks.

My name's Will, and I'm a new person. I'm from Central Ohio, where I currently work as a reporter and photographer for a small-town newspaper. I've been getting into the Idle Thumbs podcast, and I'm in the process of working my way down the back catalog. The Idle Thumbs crew is always talking about how cool the Idle Thumbs community is, so I figured I'd join up! Despite spending a large amount of time on the internet generally, I've never been an active member of any sort of forum or the like, I'm anticipating this being interesting.

So yeah, that's me.

Hey cool kids, love the podcast. I've heard so much about the wonderful community here so I've decided to finally take the plunge and attempt to migrate from the more toxic forum I currently inhabit. Central Ohio gamer here too. Danielle, don't leave the cast!!!

Welcome! Based on your avatar and other post here, you may be interested in our cartoon thread where we've discussed Steven Universe quite extensively. There's a lot of good spoiler chat in there.

Nice! I just made a SU post in the Media by women thread. I'm totally obsessed, all caught up except for the most recent Steven Bomb. I've basically been forcing my friends to watch it just to have other people to chat about it with.

Hey cool kids, love the podcast. I've heard so much about the wonderful community here so I've decided to finally take the plunge and attempt to migrate from the more toxic forum I currently inhabit. Central Ohio gamer here too. Danielle, don't leave the cast!!!

TWO more Ohio people today?!  THERE ARE DOZENS OF US. DOZENS!

RightThickLamprey.gif

I'm new! Been listening to the podcast for a while - although I listened to 3MA first - and I figured I could spend some of my lazy summer vacation time in here. Instead of reading, watching TV or playing games I'll be talking about those things to people, which is surely better.

Outside of summer I'm a student hoping to be an embedded software engineer some day. In my free time I used to sing in a choir and once upon a time I was a boy scout leader. Geography has been cruel to me, so these days I mostly read, watch TV and occasionally play a game.

Hello! I just joined. Been listening to TP rewatch and True Detective weekly since the beginning, and started on thumbs around epsiode 198. Big fan and figured I should join the forums! From the UK.

Other forums I post on are Gaf, CAG and blu ray.com

Hello! Add another Ohio person to the mix, I'm in Columbus.  Big fan of the Idle Thumbs podcast, and I've been enjoying True Detective Weekly (sadly, more than I enjoy the show this season).  Looking forward to the True D season 1 rewatch.  

Hi uh I'm Sadie and I'm a trans woman living in Philly who has been listening to Idle Thumbs for about a year now. I decided to finally join the forums because I don't know many people irl who want to talk about games and this community sounds less awful than a lot of the other ones out there!!!

Welcome new folks! We strive to be not awful!