Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Oh man, that's a meat bun! That's amazing!

I don't know if you know the origin of the thing you ate, but it's called Funassyi and it's one of the best things on the internet. Here's him with Ozzy Osbourne:

Welcome all!

Welcome N1njaSquirrel, hope you like it here!

Thanks man! I think I will like it here!

I'm a storyboard artist currently working in TV animation.

Ooh, exciting! What have you worked on?

Oh man, that's a meat bun! That's amazing!

I don't know if you know the origin of the thing you ate, but it's called Funassyi and it's one of the best things on the internet. Here's him with Ozzy Osbourne:

Oh man, Funyassi was EVERYWHERE in Japan in October! Keychains, toys, candy, meat buns, hand towels, you name it, they had it.

Ooh, exciting! What have you worked on?

I've worked mostly on superhero-y action-adventure stuff--Young Justice season 2 was my first job as a revisionist, then I did storyboards for Beware the Batman and a handful of the DC direct-to-DVD animated movies. I helped out for a bit on Venture Bros season 6 at Titmouse before I came back to WB. The latest thing I've finished storyboard work for is the LEGO Scooby Doo special and movie they announced recently. It's really cute!

The latest thing I've finished storyboard work for is the LEGO Scooby Doo special and movie they announced recently. It's really cute!

That's a thing??? LEGO Scooby Doo????? You are the absolute coolest person to me today.

OMG, Lego Scooby Doo, that's badass.  I concur with Mangela, you're now the coolest person I've encountered today.  I got sucked into Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated a couple of months ago and it completely re-ignited my childhood love of Scooby. 

And welcome to the forums!

I was getting excited by jenben's storyboarding before it was cool.

Hi, I'm Austin. Aside from video games, I like computers, video editing, music, art, and design. That's pretty much it

Hi, I'm Austin. Aside from video games, I like computers, video editing, music, art, and design. That's pretty much it

You also seem to love Mario Galaxy. Welcome!

You also seem to love Mario Galaxy. Welcome!

lol, that's more of a way to burn time. it is a great game though

HI EVERYONE

I started listening to Idle Thumbs earlier this year, and y'all seem to have a pretty amazing community around here!

Hello everyone!
I've started listening to the Idle Thumbs Podcast last september on recommendation by a fellow forum member and fell in love. Now I'm through with all episodes (!), have finished Far Cry 2 and miss Chris and Jake's voices when playing FTL or Nuclear Throne.

Thought it's about time to start looking into the forums.

My name's Milan, I'm currently studying Game Research & Development in Germany and am about to write my master thesis on narrative design. Or dialogue in games. Don't know yet.

As you may derive from that information, Firewatch is probably the game I am most looking forward to since I can remember =)

I'm hoping to find a level of discussion about games that doesn't present itself to me among colleagues...

Hey all.

Danielle brought me to the podcast and I've really enjoyed the level of discourse.  Also a big fan of the Twin Peaks podcast.

Hello! I like board games, video games, and I have two kids now somehow? Joined up finally after hearing about the Wizard Jam to start a Dev Log for my submission!

Hello. I've been listening to the podcast for about a year and became an instantn fan when I discovered Chris loves Star Control 2. Sorry I'm too boring to have an avatar just yet.

Hey- new to the forums. I blame Danielle and Jake for tweeting threads with images that I couldn't load without login. Oh, and I notice the thread is started by the fellow who showed up in one of the recent Thumbs casts (Spaff).

Let's see- where to start? I'm a dev at Microsoft Studios / Xbox, my Twitter is @kunikos, as is my Steam handle and LIVE Gamertag. I am an exile/ex-pat of Quarter to Three forum, who has replaced his ridiculous post count there for a similar tweet count. Most of which are crummy attempts at humor or provoking discussion.

I've been mostly a PC gamer from 91, and I like RPGs like PS:T best of all (but have a weak spot for a well balanced and smooth fighting game, despite being comparatively terrible at them to most hardcore players).

Hey all!

I've been listening to the podcast regularly for about a year, and I've been meaning to check out the forums for ages. Hearing about the Wizard Jam finally got me to buckle down and make an account here. The last time I posted in forums regularly was around 2006 when I was 12 years old, so please forgive me if I relapse into my old instincts and make a whole bunch of topics about why the Nintendo Revolution will obviously win the impending console wars.

Hey all!

I've been listening to the podcast regularly for about a year, and I've been meaning to check out the forums for ages. Hearing about the Wizard Jam finally got me to buckle down and make an account here. The last time I posted in forums regularly was around 2006 when I was 12 years old, so please forgive me if I relapse into my old instincts and make a whole bunch of topics about why the Nintendo Revolution will obviously win the impending console wars.

Nintendo will always win all impending console wars. Welcome home.

I feel corny saying it, but this is a great community, and it seems to be continually getting better with new arrivals.

If we keep stayin' true

sV01Mi5m.jpg

and doin' thangs

7SBuDuTm.jpg

we'll stay on top of the world.

z69dLhIm.jpg

(I purchase all my trackballs and handheld scanners from rapper Mac Mall.)

Hi there! I'm Rilen. Just discovered the podcast recently, which is surprising considering that all the people involved do things that I love and follow in other parts of the internet. After listening to a couple of juicy-sounding older episodes, I decided to stop cherry-picking and mainline the entire back catalog. Looking forward to thinking only in the hosts' voices for the next few days. 

Additionally, I just started a Let's Play channel, mostly because I want to find more odd little games (like everything in Wizard Jam) and shine a light on them. I'm hoping to find recommendations for awesome and unheard of things to play here, and maybe get a chance to chat with some of the creators!

Very excited to be part of an active and funny forum, hope I can contribute!

Hi All!! 

I've been listening to the podcast for the best part of two years now. I've only just got round to actually checking the forums out. I've never really posted in forums before. A preliminary peruse through the pages makes me think this will be a good place to start. 

Cheers!

Hey gang,

Relatively recent Thumbs convert here, having started listening early last year with Episode 141: "I was too busy losing it". As of late, I've been squeezing in old Thumbs episodes from the archives into my commuting time -- between keeping up with the Thumbses, the Bombcast, and Crate & Crowbar, though, I've been averaging about one old Thumbs episode a week. I look forward to being totally caught up sometime in 2017 (probably)!

As for a bit about myself: I'm a mid-20's web developer / occasional designer from Houston; husband and homeowner; once-upon-a-time drummer; enthusiast gamer (obvs) and hobbyist podcaster (because who isn't, I guess); console kid growing up until I switched to mostly PC around 2009 or so; probably a bit too obsessed with meaningless and overly thorough data about my own behaviors; generally a complete failure when it comes to being concise or brief. My username is a delightfully dumb anagram of my own real name. I'm currently playing Eidolon and Mortal Kombat 9 on PC and Does Not Commute on Android. I want the original Phantasy Star series back (PSIII is my nostalgia jam).

As with spolvid a few posts back, it's been nearly a decade since I've been a regular member of a dedicated gaming forum, when I was a devoted denizen of a sleepy GameFAQs special board called Toaster Oven. I look forward to getting a feel for the community here and finding my own little place within it.

P.S. this is my second attempt at making this post, as I committed the dire sin of composing in the CMS and accidentally hit my mouse's back button when I went to click Post. I should know better than that.