Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hello everyone. I'm Dave, but I go by Bremaine at most forums I go to. I heard of Idle thumbs some time ago, but only recently listened to your guy's pod casts. Now I'm addicted. I hope to get to know everyone very soon. Seems like a pretty chill place. :)

HI,

My name is Marshall Sandoval. I'm a long time listener and first time forum member. I've put off diving into the Idle Forums for a long time, but I figured if there's any community I'd like to dive into it's this one. I love Idle Thumbs and the way the crew discusses video games. I'm excited to join the forum community. 

Since I graduated last year, I've been trying to break into game journalism. (Feel free to tell me about writing job openings, haha). 

Writing links: 

(feedback welcome)

Gamechurch write up of Broken Age pt.1 

My updated writing portfolio

marshallsandoval.com

Steam account:

thermaldetonator602

PSN:

thermldetonator

Hi there. I've been a listener of Idle Thumbs for about six months now and they definitely make the community here sound like something worth being a part of.  I'm a 28 year old Software Developer from Melbourne Australia that plays a stack of games on PS4, Vita, 3DS and PC.  I'm currently playing through Transistor and FFXIV on PS4, as well as Fract OSC on PC and Dragon's Dogma on PS3.

Always looking for like-minded people to game with, so add me on PSN as DarkGTar or on Steam

Someone probably mentioned this already, but this thread sounds like an Idle Thumbs Anonymous meeting.

Hi, I've been listening to Idle Thumbs for awhile, also hanging out on IRC. Now I have a reason to post in the forums! Mostly I like turn-based strategy or simulation games, sometimes RPGs. Add me as turgidbolk on Steam.

I'm also into tabletop roleplaying and storytelling games, as well as boardgames.

Hi there!

I've been listening to Idle Thumbs for pretty much the entire post-Kickstarter era, but never had the time to get into the community (I had a forum account at some point, but I lost the password). In terms of regular gaming I have Dota 2 (and Spelunky daily challenge). Apart from that I enjoy games that challenge me systemically (Dark Souls, XCOM, Super Meat Boy) and those who have something to tell me. Not sure if those groupings make a ton of sense to other people, but it's the best way I can put it. Also, I've recently become obsessed with Netrunner (if anyone lives around London and is up for playing, feel free to PM).

black0tea on steam

Hello all, I'm a 17 year old who recently moved out of his parents home in Queensland to study Game Programming at the AIE here in Canberra. I've listened to Idle Thumbs for almost half a year now, and would definitely call myself a fan of the podcast. I mostly look for single player games of most types, but can be persuaded to play almost any game. I also watch lots of movies and television and I read no less than 1 books per year.

I play the occasional game of Payday 2 or Red Orchestra 2, so if you're up for a round, add "whalesnail" on steam.

Hi,

I'm Nick I live in Philly, have been an Idle Thumbs fan since 2008 and finally decided to join the forums and such. 

I am Awesomesauce on Steam, rio314 on PSN and beersoid on twitter.

Hi!

I'm Mike and I've been listening through the backlog of Idle Thumbs for the past three months or so and have just caught up. It's without a doubt my favourite video game podcast! They keep saying that the community on the forums is really cool, so I have come here to see for myself. Hopefully it will be a super good time. 

Hello! Hello. 

I'm Alex and I am a person who makes "video"-"games". Been listening to Idle Thumbs for a couple of months so I thought I'd come down to the forum and say hi.

hi

Hello!

I'm Aaron.

I've been a listener to thumbs for a long time, and a kickstarter backer, but I never really posted here.  GAF is in ugly system wars mode so I figure I'll make this my forum home instead.  

Hello,

I'm an artist and illustrator from Mexico, I´ve been an  Idle Thumbs regular reader for almost a couple of years now. I've tried listening to other video game podcasts but they talk about video games too much.

Just decided to join the forums and say: Hi! 

Idle greetings - I am a game developer (art, code, general dogsbody) from the UK currently working at Goldhawk Interactive (we just shipped Xenonauts!). I've been an Idle Thumbs reader since it came back from hiatus; the guys have seen me through many a tedious commute into London. I haven't regularly posted on any forums for a while, but with Xenonauts shipped I've decided to give it a try here.

I'm also @LaughMech on Twitter, though rather an infrequent tweeter.

Hey Idle Forums, Fred from a random retro podcast and former freelance enthusiast press writer (I got out of writing for pay in 2011 and now focus on side projects).  I'm living a dual life where I embrace pixelated titles of the past one day and seek out the most cutting edge experience the next.  I've always liked the perspective that Idle Thumbs has brought to my podcast arsenal, despite not always agreeing with the guys, and I'm hoping that likewise views and semi-intelligent discussion can be found here.  

If you're interested my main podcast is Gaming History 101 and of course the blog, videos, and podcasts can be found at gaminghistory101.com.  The show is also on all those fun RSS feeds and podcast main hubs like iTunes and Stitcher.  I'm @spydersvenom on twitter as well.  Okay enough shilling, I promise not to do it anymore on the forums.  

Ahoy! Recently decided to join the forum as I just moved to San Francisco, and being an Idle Thumbs reader, figured this might be a good place to meet local people interested in both making games / playing games! All the exclamation points!

Hello everyone!

Hello to all.  I'm a long time reader who hasn't played a video game since March, emulating the great Jake "Video Games" Rodkin I guess.  Because of that I've just been lurking without much to say.  However, the possible return of the Idle Book Club has prompted me to finally join up, as not playing games has lead to me reading a lot of books.  Anyways, happy to be here and go video games and stuff. 

Hi friends!

I finally joined after being a reader for ages because I don't have any place to actually TALK about video games with any sort of decent discourse. I once had a dream about exploring a cabin where Steve and Chris used to live after they had gone missing and there was a ghost in the cabin so it was actually just Gone Home with Ghosts (aka Gone Home as the lord had intended).