Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hello, everyone!

I have listened to Idle Thumbs for years and suddenly decided to dive into the forums.  When I can catch Chris's Spelunky Daily Challenge stream, I chat in his twitch channel.

Lately I have been playing Spelunky every day and making my way through the main entries in the Metal Gear Solid series, experiencing most games for the first time.  I'm currently in the middle of MGS3.

Hey all.  Just saying hi.  I recently finished my senior project at the University of Utah in their EAE program.  Our game is called Origami Kami and it's been released for the PlayStation Vita.  It's the first game that I've ever worked on, but now that I've got a taste for it I want more.  I was listening to episode 155 of Idle Thumbs and one of the things that the guys mentioned that is a huge help if you want to make it as an indie developer to be apart of the community.  I look forward to getting to know you all better. 

Hey,

Been listening to the Idle Thumbs and Tone Control Podcast for a while, thought it was time to join the forums.

Hullo! Stumbled upon this site via reddit and am really enjoying Tone Control. :)

I'm an indie dev from London trying to improve my game design skills.

Hi all, I've been lurking the forums for awhile, posting here and there. I'm a lifelong gamer from Canada, currently living in the UK.

I've recently started a YouTube gamer channel (shameless plug: http://www.youtube.com/HeyBeardo) that focuses on analysis filtered through my personal gaming history.

I've become a big fan of the Idle Thumbs podcast and especially love the mix of gaming and personal experience. Keep up the super work!

Beardo

Hi. Relatively new listener to the podcast (Idle Thumbs) and absolutely loving it. It's making my commutes to school and work actually enjoyable.

Hello! I'am Veckodag and been listening to the Idle Thumbs podcast for a while now. I joined the forums here because it seems like an awesome place to discuss various things and the community here seems pretty great. 

Welcome, all.

Veckodag, I'm learning Swedish at the moment. Does your name mean "weekday"?

Välkomna!

Hey! Yes, it does most certainly mean weekday in Swedish, but I'm digging "Gadokcev" as a name too.  :lol:

Hey guys, I've been listening to Idle Thumbs for a while now (I recently went back and binged through all the ones I'd missed over a week break in December), and Tone Control since it started. Joined up since this seems like a cool, compact community. Hope to get to know you all better soon! Some information about me; I'm a 25 lit graduate currently studying Philosophy, Politics and Economics in London. I play an ungodly amount of video games, pretty much PC only at the moment though. And that's about all the interesting factoids I think of at the moment.

Now that we've got ASL out the way, can I post? :P

Hello...

I'm 34 and have been playing whatever I could get my hands on since I was 6 and got an Atari 2600.  I've worked as a graphic designer and prepress operator for the last 10+ years and in the last year or so I've gotten back into learning how to code in a variety of languages.  That has led me to download Unity and start poking at C# and javascript as it relates to game design, so I'm sure at some point this year I'll be heavily leaning on the developer's forum.

I'M SO INTERESTING.

Hi, hello. Welcome. 

Also, ill put a quick reminder here that there is an idle thumbs IRC channel, for those who are interested. its is #idlethumbs on Quakenet

Hey Internet Friends!

I created an account for the Idle Thumbs forums back in 2010, but have been inactive the past few years. I am 28 and work in a strategy role in the tech industry here in Southern California, have been playing games since my three games in one cart on NES (Mario, Duck Hunt, Track & Field baby!).

I feel a bit stuck in a rut in regards to my video game news/commentary consumption as I have been getting most of that from NeoGAF the past few years. Change is good, and so I'm excited to become a more active part of the Thumbs community! Lately have been playing a lot of DOTA 2 in pub matches (if you're looking for someone to play DOTA with, please add me on Steam! My username is mikekennyb. Thanks!!) and catching up on old games like Persona 4 and Borderlands 2. Have a great day!

Hey everyone, I've been listening to Idle Thumbs since the reboot, and to my everlasting shame I am only just now coming to the forums. I play lots of vidjagames, I've been working on my own personal "hotrod" of a game in Unity during my free time, and I'm a PHP developer and graphic designer by day. Baboo!

When I'm not working on dev stuff, currently my jam is Dark Souls 2. I'm pushing SL 120 and just got inside the Drangleic Castle.

Hi Idle forums. I'm a long-time PC gamer and I've been a reader for most of the podcast's life, and I'm not usually the "Use forums" type, but I recently picked up Far Cry 2 and, wanting to talk about it, this seemed like the place to go.

I also don't have much to put in this introduction, but apparently it's necessary to indicate that I am not a spambot, so I reiterate: Hi!

Hey all! I'm Ditto, 22 year old compsci student, currently living in Shanghai. Usually live in Sweden. I study chinese at the moment, so I guess that's cool? I am also pretty much obsessed with gamedev..

I'm looking for gamedev discussions, and thought this would be a good place to have that, I've also been listening to the Idle Thumbs long enough to follow their advice on registering on these forums! 

Hi all,

Liked the podcasts, and the community here seems friendly, so I thought I'd sign up. I'm 32, from Ireland, and have been playing games since the spectrum. Main hobbies are reading and gaming, and especially like games which combine multiple genres, like Bioshock and Spellforce. Over the past few years, I've been learning how to program, and have been working on a game for the last 17 months. It's been a hell of a journey, but I'm nearly there : )

Anyway, thats all for me.

Hey everyone,

I started listening to Idle Thumbs about 6 months ago and I really enjoy it (I'm also a big fan of Tone Control). I'm 29 years old and I've been playing games pretty much my whole life. I like all types of games, but I tend to gravitate towards FPS's and RPG's, and I really like it when the two genres are combined. I've never been active on any forums before, but I like the discussion I see here and thought I'd join in.

Hello! I am an animator and have an addiction to podcasts accompanying me when I work. IdleThumbs being my favourite for the perfect blend of interesting deep discussion on video game topics and personalities I like talking about dumb funny things.

I am also an Irish resident and making a game, though I'm just doing the art and I'm way earlier in development... I started last week.

Are you active in the irish indie scene at all Timeslip or are you mostly focused on getting your game done?

Welcome, all.

Veckodag, I'm learning Swedish at the moment. Does your name mean "weekday"?

Välkomna!

Hej! Jag lär mig svenska också, så att jag kan prata med min flickvän. Det är svårt...

Sant! Eller jag är dum. Alla språk är svårt

Min mor är svenska, och mitt första namn är Per, men jag bor i England och när jag var ung jag ville inte lära mig svenska (eller något).

The problem with trying to use what little Swedish I've learnt is that I feel very uncertain and self-conscious about whether it's right. I have to resist the urge to continually ask for validation.

The other problem is that I'm not very good. Still, I'm enjoying it.

Sant! Eller jag är dum. Alla språk är svårt

Min mor är svenska, och mitt första namn är Per, men jag bor i England och när jag var ung jag ville inte lära mig svenska (eller något).

The problem with trying to use what little Swedish I've learnt is that I feel very uncertain and self-conscious about whether it's right. I have to resist the urge to continually ask for validation.

The other problem is that I'm not very good. Still, I'm enjoying it.

Jag tycker att jag vara inte så god också. Ibland jag frågar min flickvän om min mening är rätt... men ofta hon skrattar när hon läser det...

I'm enjoying it too, I need to start finding more excuses to use it.

Hello, I've always loved the idea of forums, but am always annoyed either by too much activity I can't track or to few posts. Love the podcast so I figured I would check the forums out as they seem to have a good pace. I mostly play Paradox strategy games, open world games (mainly shooters and RPGs) and Kerbal Space Program. I think I have become obsessed with being able to do what I want in games and as a result many game types don't really appeal to me anymore.