Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

I think I'll just try to usurp this so-called 'Twig' and become this forum's main one.  Just you wait!

I think there's a Twiglet somewhere around here, too. Lots of Twigs into the Thumbs...

I'm the only Twig that matters!

coolstick.jpg

Get gone, posers!

Hello!  I just signed up, and having looked around, have noticed there is already an established member here called Twig.

How embarrassing.  I can only apologise.

Likewise, I just realized there are other people on this forum. Very poorly chosen user name.

i like long walks on the beach and my favorite caster is Jake because he's rad and knows what's up. Except when it comes to A Link Between Worlds! Boomerang, bomb and arrow? Let me guess, you also love missionary and white bread. (Seriously though, I relied heavily on Flame Rod and barely touched any of those) Also his Zord looks the coolest.

Hello! I'm Duncan. I'm an animator from the UK with a film vfx/mocap background. I live in San Francisco now. Sometimes I make supercut videos.

I'm currently trying to learn how to make games. I heard there were some nice people doing the same on these forums so I signed up.

Hi! I'm Phil from Canada. I'm finishing a PhD in philosophy and, probably as a means of procrastination, have started to play a lot more games. While my PhD is not game related at all, I think I would like to start writing a little bit about games and gaming culture. I very much enjoy both Idle Thumbs and Tone Control and thought it would be cool to chat with some like-minded people. 

Been a long-ass time since I joined a forum but this community is too rad for me to sit out any longer. Pretty pleased this username wasn't taken, actually. Hi!

I kept hearing Chris Remo's name on Giant Bomb's Spelunkin with Scoops feature, and I followed the rabbit hole to this very website!  So, here I am!  Spelunky is pretty cool btw

I'm about halfway through a master's degree in information science at the moment.  I'm focusing on information architecture, interface design, human-computer interaction and etc, but I'm also nurturing a recent fascination with programming.  I've been completely immersed in video games for almost my entire life, and occasionally I'll browse job listings on Gamasutra and wonder if I could get involved with building them (probably not).  

More MLIS' for the forum!  Daaaaaamn!

Is there a particularly large contingent of us?  So far Idle Thumbs and co. seems pretty friendly to liberal arts / techy / nerdy / bookishly-minded folks.  I mean there's a dang reading club podcast, that's pretty cool!

Hello!  Started listening (I think) near the end of 2012 and brushed up with the thumbs community enough to make me decide I should start posting on here from time to time.  Hope you all are doing well and keep being awesome.

Is there a particularly large contingent of us?  So far Idle Thumbs and co. seems pretty friendly to liberal arts / techy / nerdy / bookishly-minded folks.  I mean there's a dang reading club podcast, that's pretty cool!

I think you're the third, unless the other poster I'm remembering is a BLIS.

Hi! I know this through Three Moves Ahead (which I have been listening to for a looong time) and I decided to register, since this seems like a nice community.

I just can't take it anymore!  I had to join...

It's been a long time since I was an avid forum lurker, but I intend to lurk with a vengeance on these boards for many many many years to come.

I've enjoyed listening to the Thumbs for ~6 months and am disappointed I was not exposed earlier.  I guess that makes me a 'baby thumb/thumb for babies(?)', a badge I will wear with honour.

So I guess I'll take a moment to say, on behalf of both Reggie and myself, 'hi'.

So I guess I'll take a moment to say, on behalf of both Reggie and myself, 'hi'.

Hi!

Have you been watching season two of Comedy Bang Bang?  No cable so I've got to wait for it to come to Netflix...

Hey! I'm Jackson, man, it's been a while since I actually joined a new forum. You lose all the old talents growing old.

But yeah, started listening to Idle Thumbs this summer, almost fully through the backlog, so joining up here for some of that sweet video game talk.

Hi!

Have you been watching season two of Comedy Bang Bang?  No cable so I've got to wait for it to come to Netflix...

I have been watching, but with some less than reputable methods. :( (EDIT: that is a very angry smiley, and not at all representative of my feelings)

Living in Canada means even though I am a cable subscriber, I still don't get access.  (Although as I write this I see that muchmusic(?!?) has picked it up, which means I can hopefully watch it on the up and up next season)

Season 2 was great, this first 2 seasons have been great.  I think they transitioned from podcast to the small screen fantastically, even though each format is unique.

Glad to hear Season 2 is great!  I felt like the pacing on some of the first season episodes were a bit off, but I always cut first seasons slack (see: Brooklyn 99...).  But you're right, they otherwise did a fantastic job making it something fresh and new but still part of the same universe!

side note: My wife [borat] and I have been constantly singing Scott and PFT's rendition of the cantina song for the past few weeks.  It's getting a bit ridiculous...

I thought I'd join this forum, since I generally have a lot to say about the games recommended on each Idle Thumbs episode. I have no ability to predict whether I'll post three or three thousand times, and I feel a little uncomfortable posting in this thread. Anyway, video games.

Hey thumbs community!  Patrick Klepek mentioned the thumbs podcast as one of his gaming community favorites on a GB podcast  sometime last year and that got me hooked.  I really like the insight and banter that goes on each week - it's entertaining and has grown to become my favorite podcast to listen to each week these days.  Looking forward to being a member of the thumbs community and hopefully gaming with members of the community in the future.

Peter

Hi! After having this community recommended numerous times on the podcast, I decided to check it out.

I'm a game designer from Denmark. 

Hello there! I'm Nick, and I've been listening to Idle Thumbs for a few months now. I've never been a huge forum person, but I look forward to talking to everyone here. I've heard this community is super rad. I've been a gamer for as long as I could hold a controller, and don't plan on quitting any time soon! I have been playing a lot of older titles since the new consoles have been released, and am open to reccomendations. I'm reading The Witcher books now, and plan on re-reading Neuromancer afterward.