Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hello everyone! Please stop registering now because I can't keep up with new posts any more. Thanks for understanding. :)

(Not really though. Welcome.)

Hey everbody,

I am Chipp, I currently live in Germany where I study history and sociology. My love for video games began with my Gameboy Pocket in the late 90s and gaming has been one of my favorite hobbies ever since. I´m quite new to Idle Thumbs and been listening to the podcast for only three months. Since the guys talk very positive about the forums, I figured that it was time to register and I am looking forward to participate in some good discussions about games and other stuff.

Cheers! 

Hi! I'm Rlan. I'm a game designer at Halfbrick Studios in Queensland, Australia. Big fan of the Idle Thumbs Podcast.

There's a reference to Idle Thumbs in Jetpack Joyride but I've yet to see anyone talk about it. Can you find it?

This is probably a weird question, but is there ever going to be another Raskulls? I loved that game!

Alright, fine! Have it your way! You've convinced me to participate!  

Um, hi.

I started listening to Idle Thumbs about a month before you "came back," although I never knew you'd gone. Lucky.  :)

Hope I can be a nice addition.

Hey everybody!

I started listening to Idle Thumbs right after the Kickstarter campaign, lurked here a little bit and the recent high level of awesomeness happening here made me join. Cheers!

Hey all,

I'm Tex, started listening to the Podcast after my exchange with Sean in DayZ/Twitter, and am hoping to be around a little bit in the streams when he wants me to run around and be a bastard in DayZ. I promise, I'm not always a psychopathic person, sometimes I'm a world star boxer or a terrible singer as well :D

Hi all! 

I'm one of those first time caller, long time listener types. My name is Josh and I live in Seattle. I work as a Business Analyst in downtown Seattle, but when I'm not being a boring white collar worker I'm being a boring video gamer. I'm also a hobbyist programmer and have designed and created a few games, but nothing serious

I've listened to Idle Thumbs for all my adult life, which is probably weird, but it's be weirder to stop now

Hey folks.  Another n00b here who has been on board with the podcast for a good few years, but hadn't joined the forum until now.

The paintings organised from people here gave me the impression it might be an interesting place to hang out, and a bit of a poke around at posts has confirmed that, so expect me to be lurking around the place from here on out.

I'm from down in Australia-land, amonst the vegemite trees and drop-bears.  I code for a living, and am trying (veeeery slowly) to get a couple of game projects far along enough to actually play.

Hi ! I'm new to the forums but a long time (1+ years!) listener to the pods on the site :)

I want to get more in to the game making! Would it be ok if I keep a sketchbook on the forum with various Video game/nerd related art?

Greetings forum members!

I've been enjoying the Idle Thumbs Podcast for almost a year now, and on this great 10th anniversary of the forums, I think its about time I joined the party.

Shameless-plug: I am a student game developer at WPI! Check out my latest ridiculous project, using an office chair as a video game controller! 

Hello!

I've been listening to Idle Thumbs since 2006, but this is the first time that I have ever posted to this forum.  I am almost thirty, and spend most of my game time playing Dota, and came here looking for a good community to play with!

Wizard

Hey everybody, been listening sense before Nick took off, fuck em, and was pump to see thumbs return.  A proud kickstarter back, but never really messed with the forums and thought I would give it a shot.  

I am now forgetting the series of events that led to my discovery of idle thumbs last summer, but I have since fell in love with the dynamic conversation the guys bring to the podcast every week. Just now joining the forums after all the hubbub about its tenth anniversary. Thank you for producing amazing gifts for the guys to regale and praise and discuss during the show. 

Hi Everyone!

Been listening to thumbs for a while now. I was introduced back in the first wave of the thumbs cast by a friend when I first started in the games industry, I got out of the routine (shame on me) and lost touch. I was happy to hear them start up again and can say now though I am a regular reader.

All the talk recently about how awesome the forum community is has made me want to join. So thanks for making all us new forum goers feel welcome!

I work in the oft-shunned free to play section of the industry, sometimes it's rough, but it pays the bills and I get to stay connected to video games. Hoping to join in on some discussions here over time and be a part of this great community.

Hi Everyone!

Been listening to thumbs for a while now. I was introduced back in the first wave of the thumbs cast by a friend when I first started in the games industry, I got out of the routine (shame on me) and lost touch. I was happy to hear them start up again and can say now though I am a regular reader.

All the talk recently about how awesome the forum community is has made me want to join. So thanks for making all us new forum goers feel welcome!

I work in the oft-shunned free to play section of the industry, sometimes it's rough, but it pays the bills and I get to stay connected to video games. Hoping to join in on some discussions here over time and be a part of this great community.

I look forward to making free-to-play games. It'll be nice to have your perspective available.

HEY!

I'm an otherwise employed, very amateur musician working on becoming a very amateur game designer. I've been listening since sometime before horse bag, but after bird noises. I still picture Jake as Big Bird. 

hi all,

I'm a web developer who used to make games and old-school flash multimedia. Getting the bug to make games again.

I like the look of things round here!

Life has recently forced me to play way fewer games than I'd like to.  Life now is Wife, baby, puppy, enjoyable job, and new house, so I'm not complaining about that, mind you.

My gaming is pretty sporadic, sometimes (rarely) I sink tons of time into a game because I become obsessed and make time.  More often, it takes me forever to get through a game, assuming there's an end (I've been playing Wind Waker redux since it came out, and will probably need another few months to finish it).  Most often, I play something long enough to recognize I enjoy it, but don't have time to play it.  Though my time allotment for playing games is sinusoidal, listening to Idle thumbs has been a DC offset (i.e. - I listen to it all the time).  I've listened Before Horsebag (B.H.?).  I bemoaned the sporadically updated death of the 'cast that eventually followed.  I reveled in the promise brought about by the Kickstarter campaign, and have been overjoyed that the 'cast has since been more or less weekly.

I love the banter, often I could care less about the topic, but I appreciate that it is sometimes video games.  Good games.  Which are sometimes mainstream, but more often obscure.  Either way, Idle Thumbs has proven a great platform for discovery.  For instance, I never would have heard of Papers, Please, and I never would have played the Space Asshole game.  Either way, I win in the end.  And though I don't play games very often anymore, I still like winning.