Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hiyo, long time listener. I realized that a small majority of my solid-stat...erhm... brain-space is consumed by Idle Thumbs. So, I figure I might as well join the forums.

Hello all! I started listening to Idle Thumbs recently and then discovered this forum. Since most of the forums I have an account have some really nonsensical discussions, I think this could be a better one, considering the quality of the podcast.

I'm from Brazil, so don't mind any grammar mistakes =)

Hello all! I started listening to Idle Thumbs recently and then discovered this forum. Since most of the forums I have an account have some really nonsensical discussions, I think this could be a better one, considering the quality of the podcast.

"Sensical" is Idle Thumbs' middle name.

Hi! I like your avatar.  :)

Hi! I like your avatar.  :)

=)

I love this movie. This scene just stuck to my head. So beautiful.

One of my favourite movies of all time. Beautiful ending.

(Memories of Murder, for anyone wondering.)

That is an amazing movie.

The scene is heart wrenching and song kang-ho does an amazing job bring up all those frustrations, anguish and inability to capture the prep within a few second of time screen. Also, the long take when they find the first victim is amazing; the chaos and matched with the beautiful cinematography is one of the best moments in cinema.

Other than that, my name is Larry and I'm a new to this forum and Idle thumbs podcast.

I'm an aspiring librarian and archivist (would love to work with comics and film) and I write about comics with my friends: http://the9thblog.blogspot.com/

My school had an Info Science focus that was focused on web tech (CMS', search engines, indexing) and things like UX and info architecture, which dovetailed nicely with my interests and work experience/job at the time.  My undergrad was non-technical so it was helpful that the MLIS didn't require a CS or hard science bachelor's.

Hey, my name is Justin. I am from Vancouver B.C. I am twenty-one years of age and I am a Production Coordinator and camera operator. I broadcast mainly sports for my job but I am always looking to do more creative things that I actually want to produce. I love all kinds of video games but games that I am currently playing are The Banner Saga, and Dota 2. I just recently got into Dota after playing league for about a year. League just got very stagnant and boring and the way that they balance the game drove me away into the sweet embrace of Dota. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and I hope to have some great discussions with you all in the near future.

Hi everyone!  Considering how often I spend on the site, I figured it was probably time for me to create an account.  My real name is Steve and the majority of my game time is spent playing a mix of Dota 2, some speedrunning of Super Meat Boy and random games from all generations/consoles.  I'm pretty active on a website that tracks your game collection and what games you have yet to beat in your backlog (site aptly named the Backloggery), so there isn't much logic to what games I'm playing.  Right now the project is Shenmue 2.

Glad to be a part of the site finally! 

Hi all,

I've been listening to the podcast for a while now, and I decided to check out the forums. It's nice to see a place on the internet where people seem to be able to talk about video games without being outright horrible all the time (I'm looking at you reddit). Anyway, I'm a grad student in English and film, so I don't have as much time for games as I'd like. Still, I'm managing to spend a few hours here and there wandering Chernarus in DayZ, playing the Spelunky Daily Challenge, and trying to not be so terrible at Dark Souls.

Yes hello. I figured I'd make an account here since I feel like i sort of know the podcast guys now after listening for a few months and it felt really one-sided and weird. I play dota 2 AND spelunky AND I just got the core netrunnern set yesterday. Also I really like movies and junk. Alright.

Hey all, glad I started listening to idle thumbs and three moves ahead and moved on over to these forums. I'm studying 3D enviornment art and am into really anything new and different in the realm of gaming. 

Hi there,  

I've just joined the forums after listening to the idlethumbs and DOTA today podcasts for a couple of months. I'm an archaeologist in the UK although stopping that career at the end of the year to go back to uni. I'm pretty much only playing DOTA 2 and Banner Saga at the moment although as I play DOTA on my own and don't seem to be very good its less playing and more addictively subjecting myself to anger, disappointment and humiliation for 40 minutes at a time.

If you're playing Banner Saga, consider listening to episode 248 of Three Moves Ahead.

Thanks dude I will! I'm absolutely loving it. The fact that its a little bare bones in some ways enhanced my enjoyment. Allowed a greater level personal interpretation to events and characters.

Hi everyone, I just started listening to the podcasts about a month or 2 ago and decided to check out the community.  Recently I've been playing some Metal Gear Revengeance, Spelunky, and a bit of Dota 2.

Hi there, I'm Max. I'm 20 and from New Zealand. I started following the podcasts when I got my summer job which involves weeding a lily bulb farm eight hours a day (this is my second season). 

I play a little bit of Dota 2, a lot of TF2 and a bunch of NS2. Although I tend to play a very wide range of games.

I was studying to be an ecologist/marine scientist for three years but have recently decided to change direction. Currently still choosing that direction which could either be creative writing, film, or software engineering. The latter would surely help with the game ideas I have simmering away but game deving still feels open enough to not need a direct path from ICT (though that could be naivety). Clint Hocking's Tone Control did make me feel more comfortable with coming into games from that cwriting/film angle.

Anyway this forum sounds great soo Hiii.

That Tone Control with Clint Hocking made me realize that working at a game development company is not for me. I have a fondness for things like eating and urinating.