Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

I have a special place in my heart for local co-op experiences that my wife can play with me;  Gone Home was the last we completed together and loved it.  

May I suggest Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

Loved LCatGoL!  We got pretty far along in the game, but the ramping of the difficulty towards the end caused her too much frustration that we didn't pick it up again.  Going to try some Borderlands 2 co-op on easy this weekend.  Doubtful she'll be able to get past the garish aesthetics, but always worth a shot! :D

Hey there,

Joined up after listening to idle thumbs for a bit. Love the podcast. Love video games. Let's play some. Nice to meet ya'll!

Hello! I stumbled across the Idle Thumbs podcast earlier this year and have taken the questionable decision to listen to all of them, from the start. I'm enjoying the experience enormously and am currently up to 48, which.. Jesus christ. That's over two days of podcasts already.

And I can't stop humming "Space Asshole". So there's that.

So, from what the first post says, people cannot make new threads until they reach 10 posts? then why was I able to create one when I had 5 post :o

Also, hi, I'm Catalin, 20 years old, I hail from Romania. I don't steal and I'm not a gypsy, the so called "romanians" in other countries that steal and make us look bad are the gypsies, not romanians.

A little bit about myself: I like beer more than I like wine, I don't like any high alcoholic beverages (like whiskey and similar). I'm a driver for about 3 years, had absolutely no accidents since I got my driver's licence, I do drive a lot (I have more than 120.000 km accumulated in these last 3 years), I'm single and I'm not looking for a stable relationship, only looking for temporarily cuddles :)

I'm currently attending an engineering college (oh woe on me, how I regret my choice of engineering), breezing through the first year.

I like everything as clean and tidy as possible (some people call me a cleaning freak, even if that is an overstatement).

I like playing casual games (not a fan of a specific genre), I do in fact play a lot of dota2 with my friends, but there are periods when I take a 1-2 weeks break from dota (longest break so far has been of 6 months).

And that's about it. Sorry about the WoT (wall-o-text)

Are there games available in Romania that people in the U.S. may not have access to or may not know about due to a lack of localization? If so, are any of them particularly interesting?

I like playing casual games 

oh okay cool

I do in fact play a lot of dota2

no yeah that totally jives i see nothing weird with these two statements right next to each other

(hello)

So, from what the first post says, people cannot make new threads until they reach 10 posts? then why was I able to create one when I had 5 post :o

This forum's been around a long time, and it's been through a couple of forum software changes. We don't enforce that restriction anymore with the current software because it's better at blocking spammer registrations in the first place.

Happy to see the Idle Forums aren't blocked at work!

Same here -- I hope they never catch on!  Love the AWATS avatar too by the way -- looks like somebody's got good taste in album covers!

Anyway hello. Regular listener to Idle Thumbs and Moves Ahead -- good stuff.  But Tone Control with Clint Hocking was the best of 2013.

Hi all. Found the Idle Thumbs podcast last week and it instantly transformed the slow painful death by boredom that was my workday into...the comfort and endless entertainment that is Idle Thumbs. Except episode 129, where Chris stopped talking. And the Stanley Parable talk continued in the left and right channels while the middle was notably silent. And then he was called out, and laughed for a good two minutes straight, and then was silent again. That was uncomfortable. The height of dramatic tension in all of your episode 120-until-present history. Please Chris, be gentle on my sanity.

Hey everyone..

found out about the idle thumbs podcast when they visited Tested.com's Octoberkast and i was hooked.. been listening at the backlog (haven't started at the very beginning, alot of googling in between) and thought i would join up on the forum.

and been watching the older broadcasts on twitch, it's quite addictive..

Hello, folks! I play video games and also have an appreciation for Angela Lansbury. Maybe one day the two will meet and it will be glorious. Until that day, I'll just play what I have.

Not to be overly presumptive, but are you particularly interested in mystery games Mangela Lansbury?

Kingdom Hearts II was just enough to whet my appetite. I'm talking full-on Murder, She Wrote fanfic-cum-game style project.

Mystery games are very nice, just as long I force myself to forget the horrible mistake I made in buying that Nancy Drew game once.

Hi idle thumbers.  I'm a fairly long time listener, first time forum joinerer.

Here's some key info on me: I'm English.  I adore the films of Andrey Tarkovsky. One day I hope to crush Jake's weak human skull in my mighty robot hands.  (These things are not necessarily connected.)

Kingdom Hearts II was just enough to whet my appetite. I'm talking full-on Murder, She Wrote fanfic-cum-game style project.

Mystery games are very nice, just as long I force myself to forget the horrible mistake I made in buying that Nancy Drew game once.

Wasn't there an episode of Murder She Wrote where some company is making a VR game of one of her novels?  I remember it being super low-res and she complained about not being able to open a door.

Wasn't there an episode of Murder She Wrote where some company is making a VR game of one of her novels?  I remember it being super low-res and she complained about not being able to open a door.

That sounds familiar, and Jessica being unable to open a door is pretty unsurprising. The woman even manages to get locked in a literal castle dungeon at one point.