Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hi Everybody. I'm CG and have been listening to Idle Thumbs since the kick starter. It was one of the podcasts that got me into podcasts. I'm mid thirties and have been an avid gamer since Pacman on the Atari, since Dizzy Egg and Xenon 2, since Monkey Island!

Sorry, getting nostalgic there.

Anyways, good to join the forum for some chats.

Hello y'all. I'm Jonathan Decker, but Lokno is my sweet internet handle. Been listening to the Idle Thumbs podcast for a spell and I thought I'd look around the forums. I'm a thirty year old excited about games, and interested in programming them, for some insane reason.

Hey everyone. I discovered Idle Thumbs early this year and it quickly became one of my favorite podcasts and has also pointed me in the direction of some really neat games. I gamed a lot growing up, but never had much time in college and grad school save for a few rock band extravaganzas. Now that I've been out of school for a while, I've been working my way through several games I'd wanted to play for a long time (like Mass Effect Trilogy, various GTA games, and some PS2 games like Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, as well). Excited to join!

I've been listening to the Idle Thumbs guys for ages. I just recently decided to check out the forums after getting a good deal on Crusader Kings II. Well, that an hearing about Netrunner in Vancouver. 

Howdy do, everyone.  Gavin Nettlefold, long-time listener, first-time forum registrant.  I was referred to the site/pdcast by a good friend and Kickstarter backer/stylized t-shirt wearer, and have been hooked since.  30, long-time gamer, and Super Metroid is the best game ever created and I'll fight you if you say otherwise.

Am I the only one who hangs out in this thread and secretly rates new people on a scale according to whether they refer to themselves as "listeners" or "readers?" Does anyone else do that to?

Am I the only one who hangs out in this thread and secretly rates new people on a scale according to whether they refer to themselves as "listeners" or "readers?" Does anyone else do that to?

I'm confused, is there a 'book-on-tape' version of Idle Thumbs? :S

Who's the narrator? That always makes or breaks those things.

I'm confused, is there a 'book-on-tape' version of Idle Thumbs? :S

Who's the narrator? That always makes or breaks those things.

Maybe there's one on Audible.  Visit audiblepodcast.com/wizard for your free episode of Idle Thumbs on tape.

Oh shoot I'm supposed to introduce myself.

Hello! It is nice to come to a message board (on the internet) where people are intelligently discussing video games and making humorous jokes. I play video games off and on. I have been following/listening/reading/verbing the Idle Thumbs folks for a while! They're fun guys and seem like cool people. When I am not playing video games, I do a lot of running and volunteering and also I am an astrophysicist, with a PhD and everything, so if you have questions about space, I know a guy (myself). 

Oh shoot I'm supposed to introduce myself.

Aren't you technically exempt if you've been here since before this thread was created?

Aren't you technically exempt if you've been here since before this thread was created?

I think I made an account one million years ago, but then didn't actively start reading/posting until maybe a few months ago, so potentially no. Or maybe yes. Either way, I apologize. 

For some reason I find the concept of introducing oneself to the forum as incredibly strange.  Like walking into a room full of people who all know one another, pretending that you too are a part of the group, and everyone just stares at you with the look of, "Who are you and why are you here?  Kindly turn around and show yourself the door."  Then again, I just assume that's what everyone is thinking when I enter a room, regardless of our previous relationship, so I might not be the best judge. :-P

Anyway, hi my name is Penguin and I'm a gamer. There I admitted it. I'm also a computer engineer, but who identifies with their career choice nowadays....

Started listening to the podcast a few days after Ryan Davis passed. I needed to take a break from Giant Bomb for a week or so after that, and needed a new podcast that wouldn't constantly remind me of my own mortality. Since then, I've gone through the entire backlog. Those past two months were kind of fucked up.

Hi Folks, 

My name is Mark and I am from Belfast in Northern Ireland. I have been listening to the idlethumbs podcast for a few years now. I am not one to generally join and contribute to forums, but I think that the nature of the chat in the podcasts would lend itself to a good forum community. I also have just downloaded minecraft and the idlethumbs group is the only minecraft server that I am aware of or would be interested in joining.

Anywho,

Baaboo, wizard, and i'm nick breckon.

Mark

Hey all.  I've been listening to the podcast for a long time now and finally decided to join the forums they speak so highly of.  I play a lot of PC and PS3 games and recently more tablet games (mainly because of humble bundle). 

Hi! I like video games. I like podcasts. By sheer chance, I also happen to like this podcast which happens to be about video games. Haha! Yeah.

Hoy.  Been listening to the podcast since around 2010 and thought I'd make an account and see what this place is about.  Just another user that happens to wax nostalgic whenever the guys go on about Tie Fighter.

COOCAW!

Started (finally) listening to Idle Thumbs podcast about five episodes or so. Love the show, love their style (reminds me a lot of the vibe the Giant Bomb crew have podcasting together), and I've heard good things about the Idle Thumbs community so I thought I'd sign up and start frequenting the forums. So; HEY Y'ALL!

Also, anyone please (feel free to) add me on XBL and PSN -- my friends list is a bit empty (only a handful of RL friends still play games) and I could use a bigger pool of duders to play online with here and there. I'm laid back.

PSN: Jamezeite

XBL: New Mandalore

Kind of splitting my time between them, trying to decide which side of the fence to land on and which next-gen pre-order to keep/cancel.