Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hey.

I'm just a guy from Finland who loves video games, music and literature. I love the podcast, and after checking out a few threads on the forums I decided that I should join too.

I mostly play artsy indie stuff and strategy games. Recently I've found myself playing a lot of Civ V and Flotilla.

Looking forward to talking about games and other stuff.

Welcome all, sorry Stark that I took a bit of a poop on one of the non-retro games you liked!

Clyde - I utterly agree - I wish it was realistic to make this into a board game as I reckon people would love it.

Welcome all, sorry Stark that I took a bit of a poop on one of the non-retro games you liked!

Clyde - I utterly agree - I wish it was realistic to make this into a board game as I reckon people would love it.

No worries, it's not like you were an asshole about it.  :)  I'll go respond to you in that thread.

Hi!

Been listening to the Idle Thumbs gaming podcast since last November but the Rise and Fall and Rise of Ragnar the Gardener finally spurred me to register for the forums.

I'm afraid I'm not a professional game creator unless my past history of writing Shadowrun campaigns for gaming convenions (Gen Con) in the 90s counts. Mainly writing papers and grant proposals these days that keep me too busy which is why I love hearing everyone talk about video games in the podcast.

I'm more than happy to talk about my limited gaming time when I can fit it in.

Why hello there fellow video game playing human people (or so I assume... there might be some robots or particularly smart crows in the mix in theory I guess).

I'm Brad. I spend too much a lot of time playing video games of all sorts when I'm not either at work (and sometimes when I am), or talking about gaming on my weekly G+ show/netcast/thing, Game Sammich.

I mostly game on PC, though recently I've been loving the living crap out of the Ouya. 

Been a fan of the show for some time now, and figured it was about damn time I jump into the forums to see what was what.

I mostly game on PC, though recently I've been loving the living crap out of the Ouya. 

I'll bite.

What is it about the Ouya that you are loving the living crap out of? I know very little about it.

I'll bite.

What is it about the Ouya that you are loving the living crap out of? I know very little about it.

I'm pretty big into indie stuff, and "seeing behind the curtain" so to speak, of game design, and the Ouya is really well setup to feed into that, with a lot of the devs being very open about their process, and the low barrier to entry (relatively speaking at least) is opening up the doors for a lot of weird experimental things sometimes turn into awesomeness, such as "Get on Top".

There's also a lot of room for just really damn fun games to find a market there as a proof of concept and then move onto other platforms if it makes sense, like TowerFall is doing now, being so massively popular (for good reason, it's AMAZING) that it's now being brought over to steam on the PC.

There is a lot of junk too, again, lower barrier of entry doesn't filter for "good", just makes it easier to get on the platform, but they're starting to get the hang of things in the "game discovery" end of things, and hopefully that will start to solve itself once the rating system really gets used as a filter in the store.

If you're looking for AAA massiveness, the Ouya won't do it (at least not until it gets official Onlive support, and even then, iffy), but if you like smaller more focused games and/or experimental stuff at all, it's pretty damn great.

And really, at worst, if the platform doesn't really take off, it makes a pretty kickass XBMC, Netflix, and retro emulator box that takes up almost no space. So there's that.

Definitely not for everyone, and it's got a ways to go before it's objectively awesome, but it's practically leaking potential out of every port. I have high hopes, but at the very least. even if it crashes, it's been worth it for me personally to go along for the ride.

How many weeks past the release date did you have to wait to get your OUYA?  How many times have your controller buttons got caught under the faceplate?

How many weeks past the release date did you have to wait to get your OUYA?  How many times have your controller buttons got caught under the faceplate?

Didn't back it, so I got it right on time from Amazon. The controller has given me only very minor issues of having to re-pair it a couple of times, everything else has been great.

Hello!

I've been listening to the cast for about a year now, and have just,today, caught up on the back catalogue. I'm a student from the UK who loves fish keeping and getting started in photography and videography.

Hola, matabula. Fish are cool, and videos are cool too. Obviously what you need to do is make a documentary about fish. Maybe include some photos with the dvd extras, so all your passions are realized

By the way: Hi forum! I'm a 16 year-old white gay male from the extreme southern end of Texas, who unsurprisingly does not have a very positive view of my home state. I want to become a clinical psychologist, I value good novels (despite not having read many classics, but hey, I'm still young), and listening to music is probably one of the greatest passions of my life.

Oh, and I like video games. Idle Thumbs is pretty good too, I guess.

Been a listener for a little bit and stream watcher as well. 23 y/o college grad in Southern California with experience in all genres of games. Hi Thumbs! 

Hi.

Also, I have a confession to make.  I typoed the username and would actually prefer a slightly different one.   Would you kindly delete my account so that I try again to do what I intended?  If not, that's perfectly fine,  I'll live with my badge of shame as a reminder to check before hitting enter.

I believe you can change your nick at any time, but I'm not sure.

The first day that I started playing WOW I was drunk and accidentally named my mage Zeuthecat. For over 2 fucking years I lived with that name because I didn't want to pony up the $10 to change it. So naturally everyone called me Zeuth. They all had lisps.

There's a guy in an IRC chatroom I've been in for years, his name is madewokherd.

For a good portion of those years, I read it as made wok herd and had no idea what it meant.

There's a guy in an IRC chatroom I've been in for years, his name is madewokherd.

For a good portion of those years, I read it as made wok herd and had no idea what it meant.

Jeebs, that took me a solid minute to decypher. 

Hi.

I tried to register for an account and discovered I already had an account, which was a bit weird. I'm here now though.

Jeebs, that took me a solid minute to decypher. 

Hahaha, yeah. YEAH.

Dosed: It's

"mad ewok herd"