Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hi! Hello.

I've only made a couple of posts here, but I've listened to the podcast since its inception. I thought I'd check out this forum a bit more, see what's going on!

edit: 3 posts, now.

Hello, I'm brand new here.  I've been a long time listener and finally decided to join the forums.  Do the TF2 players here have a regular server they hang out on?

Check out the Multiplayer Networking subforum to find out, I don't actually know myself :P it's set up in there so each game has its own thread, and there's a couple for Steam/Xbox/PS3 name sharing.

Hello! I've been listening to Idle Thumbs since the Kickstarter episodes, at which point I promptly grabbed the This Year compilation too. I thought it was about time I signed up here.  :)

Yo!

Another fan of the podcast signing up to the forum. Been reading the forums for a while, so thought that it was time to start posting as well. 

Been listening to Idle Thumbs for years but never thought to actually sign up for the forums until I played a couple of games with the Idle Thumbs Steamgroup. If they are any indication of what the Thumbs community is like, this should be lots of fun and dumb.

Hi!

Hey everyone. I've been listening to Idle Thumbs since October-ish of last year, and despite reading them quite frequently, I've been hem-hawing on joining the forums for a few months now. I think I'll like it here, though. You all seem like a friendly bunch.

Hey all. Long time listener/forum lurker (I came this way via Mixnmojo way back when). My lurking presence has been intermittent as my gaming time/interest has ebbed and flowed over the years, but I finally registered a forum account to make it easier to track posts. Whee!

Hello Thumbs listeners, this is the first forum I have used since 2005. Hope to have cool conversations with you rad people.

Greetings Thumbs! I started listening to Ep 1 a few weeks after the Kickstarter I think. By the time I listened up to when the Kickstarter was launched I was sad that I had missed it. Only joining the forum now after much lurking and hovering.

I read some Rock, Paper, Shotgun, stayed up too late playing Game Dev Tycoon last night, I regularly watch MMA and enjoy being angry about politics. That's me.

Slán!

I read some Rock, Paper, Shotgun, stayed up too late playing Game Dev Tycoon last night, I regularly watch MMA and enjoy being angry about politics. That's me.

Slán!

Do you notice your political views affecting your perspective on any particular computer games? For me, Greed Corp was like playing a cartoon version of my personal nightmare. I tend to favor environmental protections over what I see as a military-industrial-complex paradigm. Greed Corp presented a wonderful visual hyperbole of this for me.

Hello Thumbs listeners, this is the first forum I have used since 2005. Hope to have cool conversations with you rad people.

What a coincidence! This is the only forum I have used since 2005. It's a pretty good one.

Hi!

I guess I kinda jumped the gun making a whole thread introducing myself haha. Didn't realize this one was here for that purpose, now I feel like a bit of an attention whore.

<_< 

Like I said in my thread, I've been listening to IT for a while and joined the forum because it seems like a laid back, smart community (which is truly a rarity when it comes to gaming communities, or at least the ones I've experienced).

Gaming-wise I'm currently blaming Nick and Sean for getting me started on Dota. Just before the Dota Today podcast started I remember thinking "If they're trying not to talk about Dota on Idle Thumbs and still have trouble not doing it there must be something about this game". I held off until the first DT but their energy was so infectious I had to get a beta key.

Hey everyone,

My name is Jiggz and I work for a games company. I play a ton of video games and basically spend all day at work watching video game streams. Just so happens that some of your guys wanted to play Crusader Kings II and I had never seen anyone stream CKII. I hopped into the channel and started throwing out some advice and in the end I think the stream went really well (maybe I think that because a lot of my advice was followed - lol). I play DotA 2 and CKII and a lot of Natural Selection 2, but I play almost every major title that comes out at one point or another because video gaming is my only hobby. 

I only found out about Idle Thumbs last night but then I went and listened to a few back episodes of Dota Today and now I am hooked. It's almost time for bed out here though so I am going to call this one for tonight - just wanted to say hello before the stream tomorrow morning (I guess it is tonight for most everyone) gets started - have a great one everybody glad to have found out about IT last night.

Hey Jiggz! Good to have you on the forums now, you were one of the only people stopping Chris and Nick from starting a civil war over nothing.

My name is Lucas, I've been listening to Idle Thumbs for a few months now, probably got here through reddit. Decided to sign up on the forums because they were mentioned in the Crusader Kings 2 stream.

Sometimes I make games, most of the time I play them.

Do you notice your political views affecting your perspective on any particular computer games? For me, Greed Corp was like playing a cartoon version of my personal nightmare. I tend to favor environmental protections over what I see as a military-industrial-complex paradigm. Greed Corp presented a wonderful visual hyperbole of this for me.

Finally! Someone else who has played Greed Corp!

I wrote about how it turns people into monsters a while back:

http://www.arcadianrhythms.com/2013/03/nyr-greed-corp/

Hello every one.

I'm Sean, I play games but I spend more time making and thinking about games.

I've joined this site to challenge and further develop my own thoughts and feelings about games as a medium.

I look forward to meeting some of you.

Hi!  Idle Thumbs is one of the only podcasts I listen too and thought I'd come over here and see what's going down.  I don't normally use forums that much, my main one is Racketboy.com, which is retro focused.  Happy to be here and hopefully contribute to the discussion.