Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

hi moosek, check out the Multiplayer Networking subforum for cool gamer people.  The way it's set up each game basically has its own thread.

Your web site is relevant to my interests! I will be exploring it further when I actually have time to read things instead of just looking at pictures =P though who can predict when such a time will be discovered?

Also: welcome!

Thanks! 

Yeah I would love to hear some feedback. We have done some pretty fascinating things lately, I am pretty biased though ;)

Hi,

I started listening to Idle Thumbs somewhere around episode 10, and was very sad when the podcast ended in 2007.  I used to listen to it a lot when I was working nights, and the humor always reminded me of friends I used to have.  Only in the past few weeks did I discover the podcast had made a triumphant return, and I've been playing catch up ever since then.  I've been gaming since I was 6, but just in the past year have I all but abandoned my console gaming past-self to join the master race.  Looking forward to some stimulating conversations about video gamez.

Goldblum noises,

Ryan

Welcome Ryan! 

The exact same thing happened to me not too long ago, both in terms of ditching my consoles for an ELEET GOD RIG and rediscovering The Thumbs. Yeah, their humour reminds me of conversations I have with a good friend. So much so in fact I often show him random snippets of the episodes without much context and he still pisses himself laughing. There's nothing quite like switching on your mobile digital MP3 playing storage cellular device and hearing Chris' "IIIIIIIIIIIIIdle Thuuuumbs", although I do wish he'd do an alternative Christina Aguilera version and throw in some extra notes for no reason e.g. "IIII-E-O-OOO-AA-IIII-EE-IIIIIIdle Thuuuumbs".

I'm new. Hi.
jmb are my initials, I guess for sanity's sake you can call me Joe.

I have nothing else to do with my time between playing Dark Souls on Steam or Battlefield/Halo on xbox besides posting on forums; and after minutes of careful deliberation I have decided this is probably the best place to share my enormous amounts of helpful thoughts (mostly regarding society and genitals).

So yea, maybe you'll see me posting about. If you're interested in chatting feel free to add me on Steam (id; Bossy) or Xbox (gt; Bahssy).
And sorry to disappoint (in advance).

...(mostly regarding society and genitals)...

I think we're going to get along just fine.

Long time listener, from before the big gap, where my wife was pregnant afterwards I had a little son whom it was great to spend time with, but the first years conversation was leaving enough cycles in the brain for listening to lots of gaming podcasts in one ear. Idle Thumbs was quickly climbing my favorites list for sheer joy and energy, reminding me of my student days.

Today thumbs is pretty much the podcast I look forward to the most, but if that was what I wanted to say I would have done it on iTunes ;) Instead, I've come to post here because of the latest podcast planted a seed in my brain that is looking for fertile ground, and who knows it finds it here. If not, it will sink back into the digital earth biding its time and who knows one day someone will find it in someone or other's notebook, next to a sketch of Obama ...

Ah, and since I just read the OP and now know I can't make a thread, I'll just announce here that I intend to make a thread called

"Moxy and Vim Go Hand in Hand"

Which will beg the gods that one day we may see a game with this title. I imagine it would be some type of platformer with two very sprightly characters going through the levels holding hands, finding some clever, cartoony ways of climbing platforms and propelling themselves in and out of situations, and obtain a large range of lovingly animated methods of vanquishing foes with pure enthusiasm, warmth, charm and empathy. And as a designer I would only stipulate that one of the two must be female, both may be, they may be lesbians even, but never under any circumstance may the one called Moxy be the one with ebony cheeckbones ...

Kind regards from The Netherlands,

Arwin

I've been a reader since Episode 8 or something... I forget exactly.
I used to be really into forums back in the PSP hacking scene days (2005-2006ish mostly)

Made this account a while back but never posted anything obviously, have not even lurked these forums really.

I don't like a lot of people so I may or may not be active on here anyway.

I'm posting because I'm kinda bored I guess. I try to use Twitter and Reddit but it's boring there too. Twitter is mostly a news/communication tool for me and Reddit is just digging for info on games (Mostly Diablo III)

I've been a reader since Episode 8 or something... I forget exactly.

I used to be really into forums back in the PSP hacking scene days (2005-2006ish mostly)

Made this account a while back but never posted anything obviously, have not even lurked these forums really.

I don't like a lot of people so I may or may not be active on here anyway.

I'm posting because I'm kinda bored I guess. I try to use Twitter and Reddit but it's boring there too. Twitter is mostly a news/communication tool for me and Reddit is just digging for info on games (Mostly Diablo III)

Ha, that brings me back a ways. Do you remember my weird PSP typing input library from back in the day, called psprint, that made it's way into a couple of emulators? :P

Hi. 

I don't really do other forums, Jeremy Parish's Talking Time takes up most of any spare forum time I might have. Idle Thumbs (and TMA) are interesting and entertaining enough shows that my curiosity was piqued about their communities.

So, here I am.

Whoooooo, Falselogic! The Talking Time-ification of Idle Thumbs continues!

Hello there

I'm looking for games of Neptune's Pride: Triton without 5 AFK players, people to hold my hand on Dota 2 and the combined wisdom of Idle Thumbs readers.

Have fun

Hello everyone!

I started listening to the Thumbs starting at #8 - Green Lantern is the Blindfolded Fool, after hearing it suggested on some other cast.  With an introduction like that episode, I was instantly hooked.  I had been listening to pretty much every gaming podcast I could get my hands on at the time, then slowly whittled down to just GFW Radio and Idle Thumbs, and then only Thumbs.  Like many of you, I'm extremely thankful for this group of guys who discusses my taste in gaming with humor and freshness.

Having read a few people's responses saying "Thumbs reminds me of talking about games with my friends", I have used this to my psychological advantage!  On rare occasion, I'll get nabbed by acute anxiety while driving late at night while far from home.  I've discovered that, while no music can ease my jangled nerves, listening to Idle Thumbs and hearing the genuine friendship between the guys always rights the ship, so to speak, as if suddenly they were sitting in the car and just chatting it up while I drove.  Weird but true!

About me - I am a game dev who worked on AAA console titles for a little over 4 years, then very recently moved to something more PC-focused.

OK, bye.

HelloI am new and reading this and saying hi!

My name is Dave and I am a graphic design/animator dude, making mostly web stuff. Idle thumbs is pretty grate amirite?

I started listening when I got wind of all the hubbub around the kickstarter, and I am glad I did. 

Okay, that's that! 

Hiya.

I have been listening to Idle Thumbs for about 3 months now, and my wife has joined me as we discover the wonderful world of The Wizard.

My wife is an aspiring concept artist and I am an aspiring writer.

Oh hey, I think I quite possibly might be new here. My name's Jesse - I'm a white-male-creative-type (complete with obnoxious patchy beard in the wintertime) in my early 20s who digs post-rock, hip-hop, and David Lynch movies, a completely unique and beautiful human paradigm that has obviously never before been achieved (obviously), complete with needlessly self-deprecating introduction (that actually kinda comes off like I secretly think I'm super-awesome) and the ability to play exactly 3 Matchbox 20 songs on acoustic guitar. Not sure if any of that paragraph makes sense, but introducing yourself on the internet is hard, soooooooooo I'm just gonna go with it.

I'm also an aspiring indie developer, whatever that means. I've been dicking around in Game Maker for the past 6 (7?) years without much drive, then a few months ago I found Idle Thumbs (immediately ran through most of of the episodes like a fat plate of flaky biscuits), and it flipped the switch for me. I actually finished my first game early this week, and most of the time I spent developing it I had Thumbs going in the headphones to keep me motivated.

But anyway, I like games? I do, I like them a lot. I was always one of those "one-console-behind" kids (aka broke), meaning that now, of course, I'm too poor to afford modern consoles, only a PS2 and my crappy desktop. Most of my gaming comes from low-demand PC titles (lots of indie stuff), otherwise it's the small (but weirdly cool) PS2 collection I've gathered over the years. Metal Gear Solid 2 is my favorite video game, as well as one of my favorite pieces of art-music-movies-games-tv-whatever in general, but I promise to try my absolute hardest to bring that up as little as physically possible.

Hello!

I've been listening to Idle Thumbs since Space Asshole, and lurking in here since some time after that. I eventually signed up for an account, but never had anything to add to anything you've all had to say. Today, however, I've drunk enough to dampen my unwillingness to post things, so here I am.

I am generally unemployed, but I also make comics and I've previously written a few things for PC Gamer.

Hello!

Hi all, I've been listening to Idle Thumbs (and 3MA, off and on) since the end of the hiatus, and after enough references to the forums on the show I figured it was time to make an account and see what all the fuss was about. Looking forward to it.

Hello.  Just kind of found Idle Thumbs while trying to get more into the gaming community and here I am.  An exciting origin story, I know.

Hello, I'm a fairly new listener, working my way forward through the podcast archives. I appreciate how the show can be both goofy and intelligent. I'm even enjoying older episodes about games I hadn't thought about in five or six years, because there's always some insight in the discussion that makes them relevant.

The first game I remember being obsessed by was Skate or Die! for the Commodore 64, but I never took the ultimatum seriously.