Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hi. It's been a long time since I've posted on any forum, used to be a big part of the StarCraft:BroodWar community (specifically regarding Korean E-Sports). Eventually lost interest in life (and StarCraft) and spent about 2 years in complete seclusion without reading, writing or doing much at all besides working and playing video games. I feel like a huge chunk of my brain went missing during that time so I'm fumbling around trying to socialize on the internet again.

In any case, I found the Idle Thumbs podcast a few months ago after hearing it mentioned on either the Bombcast or 8-4 Play. I immediately fell in love with it, it's definitely my favorite podcast right now.

Hi there,

I've been a reader of the podcast since I think around the time it started. Very fittingly, when the podcast went into hibernation I kinda did the same with my gaming. A few old games here and there, but only once in a while and on an ancient laptop. When this laptop died a few weeks ago I grabbed the opportunity and splurged on a new gaming desktop, remembered Idle Thumbs, was amazed it's back and am now trying to catch up both with the podcast and the whole modern gaming thing.

I was planning on making an account only once I'd made it through all the episodes, but I'm jumping the gun by a couple weeks. Plus, who knows, the band Hoobastank might register before me and I'd lose out on this sick name

That depends how susceptible you are to meet-and-greet related injury.

Welcome, new folks. Also, duck if that welcome may hurt you.

Thanks for the welcome. I think I'm moderately susceptible? I hear it's the second most common household accident right behind pork chop fire related incidents.

What about spider related self-immolation?  I hear that's on the rise.

I never did this! I found Thumbs (became a Thumbee?) based on a Chris Avellone Obsidian forum post saying you guys were saying funny stuff about Alpha Protocol, and the forum post was right. It's my favorite show, and basically the only one that talks about games the way I think I think about them.

I'm a late 30s graphic designer, and to tie it to a previous episode, my primary internet community is a circle of diy punx, bands, lable folk, and record horders that started in the 90s.

Hello thumbs and all other digits. I posted in a podcast thread without saying hello, so here it is! I found the podcast recently and am working back through the episodes. It's interesting to hear opinions regress, ending at the beginning.

Anyway, I'm in Spain and my main gaming thingy at the moment is 3DS. Fire Emblem looks fantastic and Animal Crossing will erase the next couple of years from my calender.

Hey Thumbs its hard to imagine that iv been a reader of this podcast for 4 years and only came to your forums now but i guess that what hapened.

Anyway yea games.

I actually made this account sometime last year but never made a post, so hello hello! I'm Drew Dunaj, a game designer from New Jersey and a long time Thumb fan. I'm in the middle fo developing a stealth-strategy board game and I'm hoping to conduct some blindtesting with the community.

Anyway, cheers, video games!

I became a reader/listener a couple of months ago. 

I'm not sure what to say here. 

A few months ago I rekindled my love affair with PC gaming and since then I found idlethumbs and it has been wonderful.

I am enjoying going through the archives and hunting for gems I never managed to play. 

I look forward to looking around the forums more and hopefully posting.

Thanks.

I was drawn into the Idle Thumbs show by trying to figure out meaning of the the mysterious term LoMa. By the time I found out I was hooked.

Just started looking at the podcast forums and realized that the conversation there was intriguing. I love listening to the podcast at work, makes me feel like I enjoy smart things.

Hi all.

Well, been listening to IdleThumbs since this summer and listening it always driving to and back from work. Really enjoying the conversations although I'm missing my music now. Listened the last 30 episodes and now starting at the beginning when no new one is available. Really funny hearing them talk about Fallout 3 or Gears of War 2 as 'games to come out yet'. 

Posting for introducing, been listening for years but in desperate need a of a video game forum to post on. First episode I ever heard was Shadow and Colossus, immediately hooked.

Hello. I love video games. I googled "video game podcast" one day and stumbled upon Idle Thumbs. Over the last 1-2 months I have been marathoning an average of 4 episodes a day at work and am in a weird time warp where I feel like I'm living in 2010. It is an awesome show with unparalleled insight into gaming. Thanks guys!