Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Thanks Chris, a pleasure. Hi zero51 & (bonjour) Mington and everyone else that posted here prior!

cheers.

Heard a lot about this Podcast and I am currently playing some catch-up listening to older episodes. Really like what I am hearing.

Curiosity led me here. Not Molyneux. Actual curiosity.

Hello,

I've been listening since the early Breckon days and has been a fan ever since. Even though my gaming experience ended with Max Payne 2 in 2003 I still listened for that day when I would get a new computer. Cut to September 2012 - I get my new computer.

Now I've been trying to play what I've missed but still go back to the classics of before 2000. I discovered Steam and my money are now in the grasp of Gaben.

Currently I mostly play Team Fortress 2 and whatever is to my liking at the moment.

Darksiders, Darksiders2, Just Cause 2, Dishonored and both Torchlight games are some of my favorites.

Add me on steam if you want to play some TF2. Same username as here.

Hi!

I'm Felipe from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I started listening to Idle Thumbs last year but only now decided to join the forums. I'm looking forward to discussing about games, writing, books and randomn stuff with the community. I'm a freelance 3d artist looking to start a career in the games industry, so i'd be extra happy if there's a place in the forums for more technical video game talk.

I also know that there's an Idle Thumbs Steam group so i'll definitely check that.

Well, i guess that's my "Hi" post..

Sorry if my english is bad :D

Hey everyone! I've been listening to Idle Thumbs for a few months now and really enjoying it. Not quite sure how to articulate it, but for me, the podcast captures what I like most about gaming: the individual moments that stick in the memory, the ones you experience alongside friends or go on to share with them later. The great thing is, they get those across without abandoning intellectual consideration for the games they play, and probably feature more of it than any other podcast I've heard. A good balance is struck.

Anyway, a little about me: I've been a keen gamer for years, but recently became a father so not finding huge amounts of time to fit it in. Mainly play games on my 3DS and phone at present, though still holding out hope that I'll be able to build a gaming PC some time in the near(ish) future!

Hello Folks,

I watched the Idle Thumbs segment on Tested.com's Octoberkast, and have been catching up on the podcast ever since. It's been fun to listen to the various cancelations, reworkings, and random live shows knowing throughout it all that the podcast would endure. I imagine it would be torture listening to them at the time.

Anyway, I'm an XBox and PC gamer, mainly focusing on strategy and simlutation games but playing a little bit of everything. My recent joys have been XCom, Miasmata, Planetside 2, and Minecraft, with bonus Borderlands 2 time with the wife. Civ 5, GalCiv 2, and Crusader Kings are always on standby. :)

Oh man, I'm finally registered.

From what I can gather, two of my email addresses were considered unacceptable but I was only given an "Oops something went wrong!" error.

But, whatever. It's nice to finally be in the same room with you guys rather than standing silently, watching, with my fingers pressed against the other side of the glass.

I listened to the podcast a long time ago, but then it went kaput.. however, I had no idea it came back! So, unfortunately, I missed the kickstarter and caught up fairly recently.

Video games-wise, I am foremost a PC gamer, but I collect consoles that aren't playstations (My first was an Arcadia 2001) and have been playing games since C64/XT days.

Nice to meet you.

Hi everyone. Just got into Idle Thumbs a couple months ago and the community seems pretty cool so I thought I'd check it out. I'm trying to get into the game industry myself and just started working as a QA Tester. Hope to meet some cool people here and maybe find some folks to game with.

Dear Idle Thumbs,

I'm really excited to talk about some sweet Video Games. I hope you guys like me.

Yours,

Arthur

Hey there fellow thumbs. I'm new, but have been listening (I mean reading) the podcast since the beginning. I've actually probably gone through the entire podcast archive at least three times, which might seem kind of sad, but the Thumbs are the most eminently re-listenable podcast imo, and they've brought laughs to many a night shift and good times to many a boring night.

I don't know why I haven't signed up here this whole time, but I got the urge to join after just recently playing through Machinarium (I know, way LTTP). I really loved it and it brought back the feeling I got playing Grim Fandango, the only other adventure game I've really played through. I've tried a few others (Longest Journey, Broken Sword, Syberia), but despite liking some of the trappings, never really stuck with them. Now I really want a little more adventure gaming, and I figured there probably isn't a better place to ask for recommendations than here.

My limitations are a little weird; I've got a Mac, but don't really want to play on it, and enjoyed Machinarium a lot more on my big screen than when I tried it a long time ago on PC, so I'd like to choose between what's available on PSN. I have Walking Dead already, so I'd really like to know what is the best TellTale stuff to start with other than WD? Sam & Max is the most interesting to me of their series, and I don't have nostalgia for Back to the Future (sorry, sacrilege, I know). I've been rubbed the wrong way by cat-hair-makes-the-mustache old school style of adventure game design, so I'm hoping TT's stuff is more of the modern, semi-logical (or logical for the game's surreal logic, at least) style. So yeah, recommendations would be sweet!

P.S., Bird noise, wizard.

No you hang up.

Hi thumb people,

I got the kickstarter postcard in the post today, it's pretty sweet! I will treasure it until I lose it. Anyway that prompted me to finally join the forums. I like the decor. Looking forward to having Bloody Good Time(s) and so forth with you guys.

Hey there fellow thumbs. I'm new, but have been listening (I mean reading) the podcast since the beginning. I've actually probably gone through the entire podcast archive at least three times, which might seem kind of sad, but the Thumbs are the most eminently re-listenable podcast imo, and they've brought laughs to many a night shift and good times to many a boring night.

I don't know why I haven't signed up here this whole time, but I got the urge to join after just recently playing through Machinarium (I know, way LTTP). I really loved it and it brought back the feeling I got playing Grim Fandango, the only other adventure game I've really played through. I've tried a few others (Longest Journey, Broken Sword, Syberia), but despite liking some of the trappings, never really stuck with them. Now I really want a little more adventure gaming, and I figured there probably isn't a better place to ask for recommendations than here.

My limitations are a little weird; I've got a Mac, but don't really want to play on it, and enjoyed Machinarium a lot more on my big screen than when I tried it a long time ago on PC, so I'd like to choose between what's available on PSN. I have Walking Dead already, so I'd really like to know what is the best TellTale stuff to start with other than WD? Sam & Max is the most interesting to me of their series, and I don't have nostalgia for Back to the Future (sorry, sacrilege, I know). I've been rubbed the wrong way by cat-hair-makes-the-mustache old school style of adventure game design, so I'm hoping TT's stuff is more of the modern, semi-logical (or logical for the game's surreal logic, at least) style. So yeah, recommendations would be sweet!

P.S., Bird noise, wizard.

No you hang up.

Sam and Max Season 3 is probably Telltale's best thing next to TWD. Very awesome games. Don't require knowing the first two seasons, I think, but there are lots of call backs if you do decide to play them first. Check it out!

Also: Hi there, new folks!

Hi!

I just started listening to the podcast recently and it's quickly become my second-favorite after the Bombcast (if I ranked them by actual game talk Thumbs would probably be first) and I'm slowly trekking through the back episodes at work.

They've already gotten me to try some stuff I probably wouldn't have touched otherwise. I just finished Proteus and loved it; I might try Miasmata at some point too.

HI Guys,

I'm a fan of the Flash of Steel podcast and also an indie game developer so I'm mainly here to let you know about the games I'm making and get some feedback.

My first Multi-player RTS game is Teroids a simple cube based game with a "voxel" based level editor.

If you would like to give it a whirl and let me know what you think that would be great.

Note it is in a 'BETA' state - it works but is still being worked on.

Thank You

You can Play it online here:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Arowx/teroids

Video of gameplay in action:

PS I like FPS and RTS style games but I'm getting old now so might have to move towards the Turn Based Games as caffeine can only do so much.

Mind you the new XCOM was great!

:)