Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Howdy, everyone. I think this is my first post. I've been getting back into adventure games recently, and based on the podcast I'm assuming that interest will gel well with this forum. Long time listener/backer/reader; I've just never spent much time on the forum.

I specifically dropped by to see if anyone was playing A New Beginning - Final Cut, so I'll be scanning the threads for mentions of that. It just popped up on the Steam announcement and looks promising.

I should finish the Blackwell Deception in the next day or two, and I'll finally launch into Gray Matter after that.

Hello there! I am a new person. I came here specifically to post about my company's new game in the "fresh indie games" thread, but then I noticed the neat header image (is that David Hellman's work?) and then poked around at some of the threads, and decided that this might be a nice place to hang out! I spend most of my time on selectbutton.net, but I've been thinkin' about branching out to some other forums to see what kinds of Video games the rest of the internet likes.

Hey all. I broke in through the basement window Three Moves Ahead left open, and look to get my hands into the community for conversation and teamplay type games. I am actually mainly a strategy gamer, but I have been dying to get a team together for CS: GO or Leauge of Legends. And when I'm not playing either of those badly, or Paradoxing or Total Warring in some era, I play this slick mmo Vindictus. Drop me a line if you want to set something up.

Hello! Long time listener, first time caller. I seem to be spending more time contemplating games than playing them of late, hopefully this is a suitable venue to vent my brain. Recently I've been bitten by the Dota bug and would love to hook up with some European lords (a peerage?).

Listening in reverse order sounds like it would get kind of confusing when the in-jokes start flying, although maybe it makes up for it by providing revelatory moments where you suddenly realize what all the Samuel L. Jackson/Jeff Goldblum/Bird noise/Congrats Nick/etc. stuff is about.

yeah i guess some in-joke stuff is a bit weird (like a spot the origin point of a joke game) but i have started going through it backwards so i will finish going through it backwards, because now it would confuse me more starting at the beginning

Heya. I started listening to the cast early this year during a period of pseudo-unemployment and quickly became some kind of Thumbs addict. I've gone through the archives five or six times now. I figured this would be a good time to join the forum since my question got read. I don't actually play many of the games mentioned on the cast, but I always appreciate the discussion.

In real life I have a fairly boring desk job, but I have a background in art and hope to get to do some serious writing or visual work someday.

Looking forward to getting to know the place!

well, i have just finished listening to all the idle thumbs podcasts wizard, i think the discussion about far cry 2 was a bit short you didn't even mentioned that the best part of the game is burning things, anyway other than that is was quite interesting travelling through the podcast past, certain discussion are very relevant to the present.

also computer games and niche (pronounced neesh not nitch)

Hi all. Came here from Idle Thumbs being my regular game-related podcast. I'm a 28 year old teacher of the Englishes, currently living in Shikoku, Japan. Looking forward to chatting to everyone!

Hello folks. The last good experience I had in a forum was around 2003 but I always keep coming back to forums. I guess my question is why do I hate myself and will you all be my friends?

hello persons, i have join these forums to converse in all topics and matters of these video games. also because i love the podcast.

Hey there! I'm an animator/artist from the frozen wastelands of Canada (Southern Ontario to be exact). Been a fan of the podcast for a few years now and finally decided to hop onto the forums since there seems to be a pretty rad community here. As far as games go, I'm currently working my way through Borderlands 2, Assasin's Creed 3, and Torchlight 2.

Cheers y'all!

Hi All,

I'm Madison. I've been into gaming since getting an Nintendo 64 when I was around 7.

I study video game design at QUT in Australia and right now I'm working on a survival horror game for my final year project.

I'm looking forward to being part of this community and hopefully getting to know some passionate gamers.

Hello!

Long time listener of Three Moves ahead, I started listening to Idle Thumbs a few months ago. At first the farting noises were a bit perplexing, but recently my 3 year old has come to think that 'strawberries' as she calls them are the most hilrious thing ever, and as a result they now seem cute and endearing.

Thanks for all the great podcasts. Looking forward to more in the new year.

Hello!

Been listening to Idle Thumbs for a while now and realized I needed to get on the forum so I could inform the guys of their greatness.

I just really enjoy listening to you guys discussing games as it often provides both laughs and new perspectives on game design which I hope to be able to put to use in the future.

Just finished playing The Walking Dead by the way, that was really good you guys. Job well done!

Been listening to the podcast for awhile and reading the forums occasionally but never posted myself. Always amazed at their insights and the insights the mention from the community so I thought I would get myself involved.

Hello everyone, I decided to come by here simply because of my love for gaming, for my fondness of the truly excellent IT gaming podcast (so far I've stayed away from the book club podcast as I'm still playing catch up, starting with "The Sense of an Ending"), and the hope of finding like minded individuals with whom to have intresting rants/discussions/etc. I'm fond of the art of conversation, even in its written form. I live in Mexico City, so if you are in the neigborhood, let me know, maybe we can have a beer if you are feeling gruffy, or a tea at a local tea shop if you are feeling less so, to chat it up and/or play some games. Online I'm primarily on steam (freusago), but I have an xbox360, ps3 (collecting a little dust), ps2, wii (more dust) snes, tg-16, and there's probably a tandy color computer and an atari 2600 hidden somewhere (probably under a mound of dust, yes, my house is that dusty...). So I'll start reading up on the forums and well, we'll see where that takes us...

Cheers.