Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. I have a weird love/hate relationship with video games. This is my story.

Hi everybody,

I'm new to the podcast, but have listened to a bunch of episodes in the past few weeks. You may recognize my name because they answered my question about far cry 3 in the "dishonored halloween" episode. Anyways, I look forward to finding stuff to talk about in the forums.

Video games, right?

Hello all,

I listened to the podcast going way back, but I never bothered to post on the forums. Until now I guess.

Hello Idle Thumbs forum :)

I knew you existed, I just never made the time to post here before, listening to the podcasts was a enough ... until just a bit ago, when I finished playing The Walking Dead. Amazing. I just had to applaud Game and those who made it and those who play it and ...

I hope those of you who frequent this establishment much more often don't mind my intrussion.

Hi everyone!

So I've listened to the podcast for about 5 months now but have never come to the forum side of the site until now. The podcast quickly became one of my favorites, so I figured there would be no better way to get similar discussion than coming to the forums and talking to like-minded people.

I don't have any background in the industry, I've just been a gamer almost all my life (although I stopped for a bit from ages 14-18). I'm now in college getting my undergraduate degree in Biology while preparing for medical school.

Hope to talk to lots of you soon!

Hey all,

I've been listening since around the time Idle Thumbs first stopped realeasing new episodes, though I honestly can't remember if it was just before or just after. Upon finding it, I quickly went back and listened to the backlog of episodes and have been listening ever since.

I eagerly backed the kickstarer when it went up and have since attended my first PAX (Prime 2012). There I attended the live panel and felt like an awkward fanboy when I saw the Thumbs around the show floor.

Ultimately I've been interested in participating more in discussions about games and though I signed up a while back, this is my first post and I'm looking forward to the conversations.

P.S. - I'm a CompSci student in college, but I love concept art, level design, and environment art, and my favorite part of games is being transported into new worlds, new environments, and new situations.

Thanks for having me,

Oky

Hi!

I was on old listener to Idle Thumbs, totally missed the whole kickstarter thing, but then found out about the resurrection of Idle Thumbs and have been back listening ever since.

I don't own a console, in fact I don't even play that many games, but the podcast is still fascinating to listen to.

Keep on casting pods

Hey everyone,

I am new to both the forums and the podcast. I have heard a lot of good things about Idle Thumbs, but only recently started listening. I love the thorough discussion of games from a design standpoint and I have been making my way through the back log. I joined the forums because with the hope that the podcast would garner a community with the same tone, which would be quite refreshing.

I am a 3D generalist hoping to get into game industry, though living in Colorado I don't have much of a chance. Gaming has been a big part of my life for quite a while, and being able to escape into other worlds helped me get through some of the rough patches. I would love nothing more than to pass that on to another generation of gamers.

Hello all. Found the podcast the other day while at work. Enjoy gaming both on PS3 and PC. Also a fairly avid reader mainly sci-fi and fantasy but will read nearly anything. Look forward to being part of the community.

Hi, been listening to the podcast for a while now, just got around to signing up for the forums. Currently playing Borderlands 2 and Binding of Isaac on steam. Anyone wants to add me my steam username is registradus.

Why hello!

I'm a big fan of the podcast. Chris Remo has ruined my life with recommendations like Civilization 5 and Far Cry 2 that drew me into serious video game time. Like Torq, I also missed the kickstarter and that totally blows. Also, I have no idea where the baboo thing comes from. I get horse bag though. That one I get.

Howdy everyone.

I stumbled onto this lovely corner of the internet by searching for DayZ gameplay footage. Instantly became a fan after enjoying the videos on Twitch. I'm a Duder from Giantbomb and I have a fond appreciation for Double Fine. So when I saw that Chris Remo was a part of this, I was like "Hey, hey, hey, this is awesome."

So yeah Hi!

Howdy! I'm a student at a small school in eastern Washington state, discovered the podcast about month ago. Interested in the Minecraft server as I installed the pocket edition for my tablet and have been getting back into the digging and whatnot.

Hi! I can't wait to see what photos you new people come up with for your profiles!

Greetings fellow thumbs. After having first hand experience with Idle Thumbs at Quakecon 2012, I have been ever since partaking in the listening of the podcast of the depths of my room of which I never leave. This has not only introduced me to podcasts as a whole but also has enlightened me further in the realm of video games. I am an avid video game collector, player, and am persueing a degree in the arts of computer networking. Although I have never even casually lurked these forums nor have I even browsed them what so ever for that matter, I hope to engage in some indulging conversations with you fellows.

Le Dude

HELLO. My name is Berzee. I just realized that the first thing I posted on this forum was in the shameless plug section, so I also came over here to say Hi so that I don't seem entirely so much like a sinister vagrant. Starting this summer, I listened to the entire archives of Idle Thumbs and caught up just after the Ruinationcast went up...I just haven't had anything interesting to say. =P

Wow that's a healthy stream of new members you've got.

Hi everyone I'm a man wot likes video games. I hear some of you like them too? We could maybe talk about them and stuff!