Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hi. I found Thumbs through Three Moves Ahead and recently went through the whole archive. Looking forward to future casts and hopefully the expansion of the network in time.

Hi!

I originally came across this right as the first run was ending, much to my dismay. Just found out yesterday that this thing is in fact a thing once again and I am pretty stoked that the podcast has been reanimated. With funding this time! So yeah, Video games.

Erm, hi.

User barichnikov turned me on to the podcast while the kickstarter campaign was going on, and by the time I realised I wanted a t-shirt it was too late to get in. :'(

Something about myself: can't wait to lose time in Torchlight 2. I bought my wife a copy today as well.

Hello Thumbs,

I’ve been listening to the cast since 2009. I work in the industry as a team lead/art director, and it’s been a formative element in how I play and think about games. I was ecstatic when the Kickstarter launched (backing was a no-brainer), and I’m so glad Thumbs is back and better than ever :) I’ve lurked around the forums over the years, and now I’d like to become a more active member of the community. See you around!

Hi

Um don't really know what to say...

This is a good start innit

My first of no doubt many vacuous comments :)

Hi. New to idle thumbs. Just recently discovered the podcast through Gamers With Jobs' podcast, and this has quickly become one of my favorites. I'm about to turn 23 and have been gaming for as long as I can remember. I've been looking for a fun and respectful video game community to be a part of. Hopefully this will be that.

Hey guys,

Long time fan of the podcast. I finally signed up for the forums after backing the kickstarter. I'm not much of a forums guy these days but I am looking forward to contributing to discussions around the book club each month. I think I can confidently maintain that level of output. I'm looking forward to having participating in whatever small way I can to what seems like an awesome community

Hi

long time reader first time poster. I'm 28 and I enjoy the video games and the fiction. I joined the forums to join in the book club discussion.

um so i guess thats it

Hi

long time reader first time poster. I'm 28 and I enjoy the video games and the fiction. I joined the forums to join in the book club discussion.

um so i guess thats it

Bonus points for referring to yourself as a reader rather than a listener.

Hi,

I've worked my way through the IT back catalogue over the last 3 or 4 months, and really enjoyed it. Love gaming, but have little time due to family commitments and a somehow unkillable desire to either be a writer or a rock star, even though I have a job that I'm supposed to be doing and that actually pays the bills. Had been absent from gaming for a few years, aside from internet poker (lifetime breakeven, true fact), but my father got us a PS3 for Christmas (me to wife: "It's a Blu Ray Player, it'll be awesome!" Wife: :rolleyes: ) 2 years ago, so I been doing some catching up. The big advantage of this is that I can get a lot of very highly regarded games pretty cheap, because they're all out on platinum. For this reason, I just don't buy games on release at all - the nearest I came to doing that was with Dark Souls which I got about 12 months after release (and is still sitting in the shrink-wrap, because it knows at heart that I am a girly man who barely beat Demons Souls, and I just can't face it).

The only game I'm even considering buying as a pre-order is the new X-COM, because, damn, X-Com. Better not suck.

Well, and a few Kickstarter projects but that doesn't count because they are in the future.

Just managed to get the CoD Multiplayer monkey off my back after 2 days of game time (MW2) and I've gone back to Bayonetta for my third and final attempt, and discovered to my very great pleasure that CoD has sharpened my reflexes enough that I can actually now play that game. Good times.

Still sitting on the shelf unplayed: Dark Souls, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Turok, Saints Row 2, Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age 2, Fallout New Vegas, Need For Speed Hot Persuit, Rage, Condemned 2, and... wait for it... FarCry 2.

Based on previous board experience, I'll probably mainly lurk, remain a peripheral figure at best that contributes semi-regularly, starts the odd thread, then drift off slowly. So, you know, fair warning.

Hello, I am a new person. I recently listened to all of the thumbs after a friend recommended it to me, because it turns out I can listen to it while working without getting distracted too much, and also you guys read out a letter of mine (Joe Wintergreen) about how being expected to put achievements in your indie game is bullshit. WHAT UP EVERYONE.

Hi all. Been listening to the cast for a while now and signed up here when the kickstarter thing happened. Not generally much of a forum poster, but who knows.

At the moment I have enough unplayed pc games staring me in the face that when I have time to play them I just freeze up (I did "play" space engine though...the countdown to tears is over) and read or watch a movie instead. How convenient there's a bookcast now too...

Hello folks.

My story's like most of you; 'been listening to the cast for a while and wanted to sign up to participate in some sort of conversation. Unfortunately, I was turned-on to the whole thing right as the Kickstarter ended.

Still, video games are too interesting to keep to oneself. I'm looking forward to getting some vicarious social engagement through this forum.

See you around,

Hey, same story as most people.

im one of the ones who caught on after the kickstarter for Thrity Flights of loving, been loving the whole back catalog.

Just got into Far Cry 2, after the first horrible 4 hours im loving every minute!

Hi there!

I'm a longtime reader of the forums and listener of the podcast, but I never really thought to sign up for a forums account. I've been playing video games for as long as I can remember, and though I don't have as much time to devote to actually play them anymore, they're still an integral part of my life. I mostly prefer to discuss their writing these days. That's why I love Idle Thumbs, it's the perfect blend of comedy and real discussion, something that a great deal of other gaming podcasts don't seem to have.

I'm currently trying to find a nice hardcopy of The Sense of an Ending so I can catch up with the Book Club, and I hope to contribute at least a little to their discussion threads.

Long time reader, finally got around to making a forum account. Been gaming since Pong, but currently obsessed with FTL thanks to you people.

Also occasionally known as LiBiPlJoe. :)

Hey guys, finally got around to joining the discussion - love the show, look forward to each week :)

Excited to check out these forums

Man, thought I'd posted in this a while ago.

Anyway, I'm rodomont/Jason - been listening to Idle Thumbs for a few years, and my claim to fame is that I actually got to meet Chris, Jake, Sean (and bonus Nels!) at GDC this year, at a dive bar in the Tenderloin. Chatted to Sean and Chris a bunch, got to show them the game I was working on (which bugged out, of course). I already can't really remember much of what we talked about, but my overriding memory is that Jake was super tired due to crunching on The Walking Dead, and I think I made him a little sick by calling him Big Bird. Sorry Jake.

Anyway, good to meet you all :)

HI Just started listening to the podcast after a recommend from Giantbomb. Loving it and the site seems a bit more grown-up (from first impresions anyway) than a lot of sites/ forums, which is good as I'm a 42 year old games and the youngsters can be a bit irksome at times. Anyway hope to drop bye more often.

Howdy! I'm Drew, I'm an aspiring game designer and a long time Thumb fan, but only just decided to get on the forums. Video games!

Awesome! Welcome guys -- and glad your first impression of the site was good (DrFat32). We just did a massive overhaul and are in the earliest phases of growing it.