Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hello all! I am Andy Gorman from Ohio. I currently am going into my sophomore year of college, and have discovered Idle thumbs this summer as an answer to doing data entry during my internship. Like a bazillion other people have said I love the podcast, and has resparked a dwindling interest in video games! This podcast has turned me onto some awesome things, and makes my interest in gaming feel less dumb.

It's funny, cos whenever I explain Idle Thumbs to someone I say that they highlight how much of a giant dumb mess the games industry is- cos I'm thinking of stuff like The Nintendo Horse Bag or EA branded tomahawks and how the whole world's gone insane.

But yeah it is also the smartest podcast about games.

Hi! I've finally decided to join after watching the DayZ stream. I work in a laboratory and listen to Idle Thumbs at work while looking at cancers and various other pathologies under a microscope; the humor helps to lighten the mood a bit, as one would imagine! Recently I've been more interested in listening to and watching other dudes play video games instead of playing them myself, which is a little unfortunate, but the games streams have hyped me up for some stuff I wouldn't have paid any attention to otherwise. The book club is a pretty sweet idea as well, and I'm looking forward to the first book podcast.

Hello ~

long time listener who started catching up on the new episodes. Came onto the forums to checkout stuff about the minecraft server -- went on earlier and no one was on though! Anyway, came on to check out stuff, maybe comment on a few things. Stuff and such.

Hello!

I can't say I'm a long-time listener, but I did back the Kickstarter and have hazy and/or blurry memories of reading Thumbs articles from back in the day, so that's got to count for something, right? I might post things here, or I might just lurk! Probably the latter.

Anyway, video games are pretty great, except for the times when they're really stupid. Although those can be pretty great, too.

Hey everyone!

Just started posting here after watching the Idle Thumbs stream for Dayz and thought this would be a good community of people to start getting to know.

I studied Matte painting and concept art creation with movies in mind but over the years and some reflection I decided to start focusing on using these skills for video games since that is what I am most passionate about. Now I am currently working on an indie game, doing the art direction is a challenge but I am having a blast!

My tastes in games is still developing and being fine tuned I noticed over the last couple years. Before, it was Halo and battlefield games that took up most of my gaming time, but now its games like Dayz and Minecraft that excite me now. Being able to to create your own story while also expressing your creativity seems to be a win for me. My most anticipated games at the moment are GTA V and Fortnite. Really can't wait to get my hands on Unreal 4 and learn how to mod the hell out of Fortnite if it's any good.

Have a good one!

Heya guys! I've finally joined the forums because I just had to weigh in on the last podcast. Been listening since the early podcast days and also backed the kickstarter so I just want to say sorry for lurking for so long. I'm realy into cartoons, movies, spicy food, and shockingly video games, crazy I know. I'm not much of a forum guy but hopefully this one sticks since you guys seem like a cool bunch to chat with. Nice to meet ya guys!

p.s idle banter posts do not count towards your post-count, also please do not post just 10 random posts or we will use the hammer on you.

aha! I was wondering why my post count was still zero after my perfectly good post in the Idle Thumbs MC thread. Hello to everybody. I'm from Michigan and enjoy things that are cool like motorcycles, scuba diving and geocaching. I also play more than my share of video games and watch a lot of good TV and movies.

For work I'm a flight attendant. I don't make a killing but I am home about 19 days a month so that's where I find the time for all this fun stuff.

Hey folks, I'm here to criticise people for having poorer taste in books than I, and to generally add nothing of note or interest. I hope you people are better people than I am.

Hey everybody, I've had an account for a little while, and I've been a reader for a lot longer, but I never posted here and said hi, so hi.

Hey, I'm Crummy. Longtime Shacknews poster, met up with a bunch of Thumbs at the post-PAX bar yesterday, had a blast. Couldn't convince Jake to come back to Shack so I guess I'll have to start posting here.

Hi All,

Not only is this my first post on the Idle Forums its my first post on any forum anywhere on the internet.

Big fan of the podcast for a while now and I've heard the internet is a friendly place so here goes.

Greetings Thumbs (and any other digits out there)

I've been listening to the cast since the beginning and I even registered long ago but I've been too lazy/stupid to actually participate. But after meeting the Thumbs in person at PAX Prime 2012 I've been inspired to stop being idle.

Also, I apologize to Chris/Jake/Sean/Steve for being a fanboy and repeatedly telling you how awesome you all are. I'll stop that now. Nick wasn't at the Thumbs meetup so fuck that guy.

Hi, I'm Josh. Honestly I've just joined to hopefully be added the Minecraft whitelist. I am a web developer from the UK. Don't play video games that often but somehow find myself listening to podcasts about video games on my commute to work for hours every week. Only discovered Idle Thumbs a month or so ago and steadily making my way through the archive from Episode 1. (Up to around episode 65).

When I do play games, I tend to be a pretty casual gamer, playing dumb flash games or iOS games or very occasionally (around once or twice a year) booting up my 360 and playing a proper game all the way through. At the moment it tends to be the Assassins Creed games. I also dabbling in Minecraft, hence me joining the forum!

Long time listener of the 'cast, and I wanted an alternative to NeoGAF and heard there's a higher concentration of intelligence here.

So here's my first and hopefully not last post!

Hello, new here but not to the podcasts. Wanted to join primarily for the bookcast discussions considering I am usually pretty late to the party on most games (on a budget and all that).

Greetings.

I was recently introduced to idle thumbs by way of my traveling companion insisting we line up early for the pax panel/live podcast. We ended up first in line, and good thing we did because the room sure filled up. Anyways I thorougly enjoyed the panel/podcast and attended the meetup afterwards which was also quite awesome. I've queued up all the old podcasts and am making my way through them (currently on #5!). It's kind of amazing how a podcast from 4 years ago is still very relevant.

So yeah, I figured I would make an account here, I like what I'm hearing/reading, and looking forward to catching up to the current podcast!

Cheers,

-Andrew