Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hello!

Like many, I'm sure, I've been a reader for a while (since the middle of the original podcast run), and I'm so excited about everything that's going on now. Is there any kind of article archive from the old old Idle Thumbs site? I'd love to be able to check out some of that stuff.

Welcome! I am like you, been a lurker/listener for a long time but only recently snagged a membership. :grin:

@Kolzig Thanks for that link to the old archive! It's great to see that it still exists.

I'm a San Franciscan and a pretty recent thumb -- my first episode was IT1 episode 45, a couple of episodes before the scoops on F. Nick's disappearance were dropped -- and have only slightly lurked the forums until now, but I decided that with the Kickstarter rolling through town, I should start an account. so hey.

Is it Nick Breckon?

I don't think there's any evidence to sup-

And I'm Nick Breckon.

:erm:

You know, I was wondering how Nick Breckon feels about being meme-ified, but as it turns out, I'm okay with it.

Hi! Thumbs got me through crunch a few years back and now I'm gladly paying for them to do it again. Hopefully, I'll do more than just lurk around here too.

video games.

Hello! I'm totally new here. I heard about Idle Thumbs from other podcasts I listen to when the kickstarter began. I've been working my way through in a marathon of podcasts since then.

Hello! I'm totally new here. I heard about Idle Thumbs from other podcasts I listen to when the kickstarter began. I've been working my way through in a marathon of podcasts since then.

Me too! I don't really know how I managed to miss Idle Thumbs back in 08/09 since I was definitely listening to podcasts and looking for good ones then. Oh well, the old ones are still awesome even if they're not topical. And i'm looking forward to the new ones.

Video gaaa-aaaaames!

Hello there, I am a Mr New Person.

I chipped in to the kickstarter (it seemed a sensible decision as I've listened and re-listened to the Thumbs run more times than I can count).

My only thumbs related highlight was meeting Spaff at eurogamer 11 but not realising it was him. I was both feverishly ill and in a rush to attend the Uncharted 3 Nolan North panel, and shook his hand before impatiently running off. Needless to say the next day when I realised I'd missed the opportunity to loudly shout VIDEO GA-A-AMES or THE WIZAAAAARD I was distraught.

I recently repurchased Far Cry 2 on the xbox, justifying it to myself that If I was going to replay it I might as well get some achievements this time.

Welcome, Mr. New Person! This is definitely the place to talk to other Thumbs! (CROSS THREAD REFERENCE, BAM!)