Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

I recently finished listening through the Thumbs archive again and thought I'd start posting. Good timing, I guess, since it looks like the podcast machine is starting again.

Hey, everyone.

New here, long time cast listener and just contributed to the Kickstarter so yeah, I guess it was a good time to sign up to the forums. Kickstarter seemed like fate or something given I have been re-listening to the archive over the past couple of weeks.

C-C-C-Combo Breaker!!

Hey all, Finally decided to join the forums having been a listener since episode 2 of the podcast. I actually found out about the podcast though James Spafford way back when he and I were both running separate Little Big Planet fan sites. We started chatting to each other back and forth and he recommended the show. Been a fan ever since, even had a few emails read out which is always rad. Eventually I decided to end the site and was kindly offered a spot as contributer on Spafford's site. I never really followed that up and he went on to become community leader for Media Molecule. That's what I get for being lazy!

Fast forward to today, I have just finished up hosting and managing a very successful Australian based Minecraft podcast called Minecraft After Dark(not spam, podcast is over now). We had a blast doing it and managed to get a whole legion of fans and even got some ideas implemented into the game included Pig Snouts (you can thank me later). Once the game left beta it was decided that we should end the podcast and so we did. Still eager to get back into podcasting but until I do, I have decided to be more involved with the podcast that inspired me to do it in the first place. And that is why I am here. Hello!

Little bit more about me... I am 29 and currently studying Animal Behaviour at University and trying my luck as a writer by night.

And I actually do own Star Goose on Atari ST.

/long winded intro post

And I actually do own Star Goose on Atari ST.t

I do not know what this is, and I sort of want to.

Hi.

I came across the podcast a couple years ago by, I think, typing "video games" into the iTunes Store search bar. I immediately knew it was what I was looking for and have listened to the entire archive almost three times since. I donated to the Kickstarter and figured I may as well sign up here to talk to like-minded weirdos.

I'm a 26-year-old adult-ass grown-up man living in New York. I program for a living. I really liked Studio 3's Constructor in 1997. I guess that's it.

I came across the podcast a couple years ago by, I think, typing "video games" into the iTunes Store search bar.

Doesn't this mean Idle Thumbs should have tens of thousands of listeners? Also, don't you get statistics on your iTunes podcast? Chris/Jake/Steve, do you have any idea how many iTunes listeners your cast had?

Doesn't this mean Idle Thumbs should have tens of thousands of listeners? Also, don't you get statistics on your iTunes podcast? Chris/Jake/Steve, do you have any idea how many iTunes listeners your cast had?

iTunes doesn't provide any of this data. There's no actual backend interface for iTunes content providers. You just submit them an RSS feed. They don't host any content or track requests for that content--or if they do, they don't make it available. Or if they do make it available, they only do so for some people.

iTunes doesn't provide any of this data. There's no actual backend interface for iTunes content providers. You just submit them an RSS feed. They don't host any content or track requests for that content--or if they do, they don't make it available. Or if they do make it available, they only do so for some people.

I had to use libsyn's download statistics page when I ran my podcast in order to form a ballpark guide to how many people were listening. It's not completely accurate but it was really all I could use. It's a shame really, having access to iTunes actual download figures would be quite handy for a lot of people.

Hey, folks. It was by chance that I stumbled upon Idle Thumbs a couple of months ago. Until now, my association with it was exclusively through iTunes and the podcasts. Now, thanks to the Kickstarter (to which I have donated), I am keen to show my face around here.

So, Howdy! I'm Jonathan. Pleased to meet y'all :tup:

Hello. ^_^

I'm Chad, been a fan of Idle Thumbs for years but am only signing up to the forums now. I know, shame on me. Though I am a kickstarter backer, so that sorta makes up for it, right? Right?! Anyway, video games. I love 'em. And literature and.. well, all the usual stuff.

I'm primarily a PC gamer, started on a 486 as a young boy and my heart has been with the PC ever since. Sometimes a console gamer, though.

See ya around!

Funky enough my old (lurking) account doesn't have any posting privileges anymore, so let me introduce myself again.

PC and PS3 gamer here, passionate steam addict (working my way to 300 games), boring developer (finance software instead of games) and occasional troll opinion holder (considering Lord of the Rings a bad book, Metal Gear Solid boring games, still like Sonic games and dislike anything Mario).

Nice too meet you all (again).

Hi, new user, have been listening to the podcast recently, downloaded and listened to the first couple episodes back when Chris was on Three Moves Ahead and have been meaning to get back to it. I contributed to the podcast when I saw it on Kickstarter at the same time I was contributing to the Double Fine game. At the time I didn't even know that the podcast had ceased as I'm still back in 2009 or 2010 and after coming to these forums it's nice to see that things like wizards are still relevant all the way in the future (read: present). No more words are coming out of my brain so I'm done.

Hey all. Long time listener, since the beginning of the podcast. I figure it was time to make an account. I'd be charmed to play DOTA2 with y'all.

Video games.

Hello people!

Been a thumbs reader for about a year now. I guess the Kickstarter success has motivated me to make an account and contribute a bit to the forums. I suck at writing coherently so I will probably accidently offend someone, but I don't mean it! Honest!