Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Just realized I've been here for nigh on seven years now. That's insane. I've gotten presents from people here I've never seen in my life, and shared good advice and support. This is home on the internet.

I've been in the neighborhood since the early Mixnmojo days, before Jake started designing the site. I remember when adventuregamers.com was just a COMING SOON landing page on adventuregamer.com. :oldman: I wonder if all other gaming communities are growing older the same way, or if the new blood pushes out the old coots.

Two other communities I frequent (magicball.net and beyondunreal) are still populated by a sizable group of older farts.

These communities are like table cloths, some stains will be there for a very long time.

Has it really been seven years already?

All I remember is that some King's Jester came selling fine leather jackets at adventuregamers forums and so I arrived to the new shiny site filled with great opinions and at time awesome news posts.

Man, adventuregamers, I haven't really visited that site in ages.

I was hardly a random intrusion into Adventure Gamers forums to draft people to to come here… I posted there regularly (user id of 52 after that one time everything was destroyed). Besides, Marek was one of the founding fathers of this joint too, and Chris and Jake were also regulars. Weird that you would consider it my doing. But I guess I did post this... sooo.... eh.

Yeah, I know you and many others are the old guys of AG and Mojo, but I will always remember the time when Idle Thumbs was unveiled.

I too (user id 28) was around there during the old site before it was taken over or something like that and the new adventuregamers.com was created. I remember a lot of the history of Idle T and AG.

Crap, it wasn't leather jackets, it was rubber lifeboats. So I remembered the original Indy quote and not your version of it.

Edited by Kolzig

Hi there,

After only discovering idle thumbs recently, I have been listening to the podcasts which, I have to say, are fantastic and very funny. Unfortunately, I am having problems downloading them. I made it to ep34 but there seems to be something wrong with the server.

Anyone else having problems downloading the files?

Adam

Hello everybody I am a person!

I've been reading these forums stealthily on and off for a while, and was finally pushed to get an account despite my protests of "but I don't know videogaaames!" I, in fact, do know and like a select few, though not a single one of them is an FPS or an MMO. I also have a lot of Opinions about A Lot Of Things, which hopefully will make up for my lack of video gamey contributions.

I preemptively apologize if I Opine at you snarkily.

Also hi.

Goddammit, not another fucking person. What's with the influx of persons and opinions!?

Hi. :tup:

I knew a Scandinavian once that was named Person. Though I'm sure there were umlauts on all letters. Freaks.

Goddammit, not another fucking person. What's with the influx of persons and opinions!?

Hi. :tup:

And here I thought I was being a trendsetter when I decided to become a person. Aw man I'm always late for fashions. :blink:

I knew a Scandinavian once that was named Person. Though I'm sure there were umlauts on all letters. Freaks.

It's better than sticking i's and j's together in every single word like the dirty, disease-ridden Dutch.

He had an ancestor who was the town's person, probably.

He had an ancestor who was the town's person, probably.

Or simply Per.

Or simply Per.

But then wouldn't he be Personsonson?

edit: hello Sal!

Welcome Sal Limones, do happen to like tequila?? :grin:

Ahem...:getmecoat

Seriously though, welcome!

Welcome Sal Limones, do happen to like tequila?? :grin:

Ahem...:getmecoat

Seriously though, welcome!

Haha, why yes. But mostly it was just my favorite subtle joke in Grim Fandango and one that is near and dear to my heart because as a Mexican I put lime and salt on nearly everything I eat.

Just to let you know, I am physically restraining myself to avoid repeating that Seinfeld salsa/seltzer bit.

Haha, why yes. But mostly it was just my favorite subtle joke in Grim Fandango and one that is near and dear to my heart because as a Mexican I put lime and salt on nearly everything I eat.

Coolios. I vaguely remember Grim Fandango, wasn't really into PC gaming much when it came out and remember playing through the first 10 or so minutes of it when I was 15ish...

Being from the Mediterranean we tend to put salt and lemon on many of our foods as well :tup:

Hey everyone. I'm Allen from Massachusetts. I just turned 17, and I started listening to Idle Thumbs about a year and a half ago. Went through every single episode, and then there were only about 3 more before the finale. It was easily in my top 5 favorite podcasts. I was wondering if people still use the Idle Forums, so I thought I'd make an account and poke around to read old threads or to see who is still active.

A lot of us are here, and many from before the podcastin' days as well. Welcome aboard!

It is weird how long I have been coming here...

I even tried to quit when they took the forums down for a bit.

Hi everyone, I'm Tomaterr. I've been meaning to introduce myself for a while, but for some reason have not. So here I am. I've been listening to the podcast since about episode 10 of The Idle Thumbs Podcast, and from there went back and listened to all the previous episodes. And now I'm here.

I play a lot of PC games. a lot. Also I'm still stuck playing through a ridiculous amount of PS2 games. But yeah, games.

I'm 16, but I do try to not sound like an idiot all the time. You guys seem like a great bunch of people and I look forward to hopefully becoming a part of this community.

Hiya tomaterr! Don't worry about being young. Most of us don't know until you say so. Just don't say dumb shit and you can claim to be as old as you want. Ah, internet.

Had you not written the part where you were sixteen, I would not have guessed based on my idea of how most sixteen year olds type. But now we know and will put you through the ringer!

Just kidding and welcome!