Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hello there! I've recently discovered the podcast / site / forums, so now I'm working my way through the 4.2 days of continuous listening it will take to be up to speed. No spoilers, please! ("Turns out, Bruce Willis is the 12th Cylon model.")

Soooo... Games. Video games. ("Computer games...!")

ojo

They all die in Episode 50, and the following series is a prequel, set when the group were just a ragtag bunch of youths, just tryin' to have fun.

Howdy all,

For some bizarre reason, I created a forums account in July but haven't posted until now. Fixed!

I became aware of Idle Thumbs shortly before Nick left the Idle Thumbs Podcast; I think of myself as relatively new to this whole thing. I appreciate non sequitirs, so the Podcast, and then the podcast, are right up my alley.

I'm looking forward to talking about "video" "games" with people here, and hopefully play some as well! I haven't dipped many toes into "the multiplayer" with very many folks who I know at all; it's mostly been random matchmaking with a few Xbox 360 games I'll actually play online (e.g. Modern Warfare 2, more recently Monday Night Combat). My Steam friends list is woefully underpopulated at two. This will date this post further in years to come, but from listening to the Podcast (also: podcast), I'm interested in playing Neptune's Pride, Far Cry 2, Imperial 2030 (this may be more difficult to effect), and others. Outside of Podcast (podcast) shout-outs, I'm also interested in playing more RISK: Factions, Snoopy Flying Ace (yes, I'm serious), and Frozen Synapse with other cool people.

Finally, I'm working on developing some games in my spare time, but it's not my day job, so I suppose this qualifies as "independent development". Hopefully one or more of those will make it to being a real thing you can play in the next year or two. The handle/nick/forum name is the name of the "studio", but right now there is only me, modulo the occasional other person(s) I contract for graphic design work and the like. I lurk and almost never post on Giant Bomb and the GWJ forums under the same name as well. You ought to be able to find me on Xbox Live, PSN, and Steam all as "gamekata".

Thanks for reading!

Hello!

I am The Rusty Magus, though after creating my account I somewhat regret adding the "the"-part. Oh well, we shiv and burn, I guess. Thanks to fellow Idle Thumber Hermie for pointing me in the direction of Idle Thumbs, though I'm bumbed out that I wasn't able to follow the podcast from the start. I only started listening to it on episode 7 after Nick had left, so I only got around to listening to seven episodes before the cast went belly-up. Still, there's always the back-catalogue.

About me: I'm Norwegian, born and raised, and I'm currently working my way through a bachelor's degree in film studies. I'm also a film journalist for the local student radio. Oh, I also play video games. I started out with the GameBoy and have worked my way through every generation of consoles since then. My brother and I first had a SNES, then we got a PS1, then an Xbox, and now I have an Xbox 360, a Wii and a PS2. I've also played at least one version of every single Nintendo handheld: GameBoy, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advance and DSLite. I'm something of a Nintendo fanboy, as you could probably surmise, and I'm eagerly awaiting the launch of the 3DS.

I consume things video gamey on a daily basis, be it videos, trailers, reviews, podcasts or just playing them. I'm also a writer for indie site The Gaming Vault, which I won't plug anymore on this particular site. Unfortunately I fall into the same trap a lot of gamers past their teenage years: lack of time to play. But I try my best to play as much as I can.

Hopefully this will be a forum I'll be spending a butt-load of time on. :tup:

Greetings, earthbound ones.

I started listening to the cast back in 2008, and always meant to register on the forums, but never got around to it. Better late than never, I guess.

...Yeah, I'm not really sure what else to say. So here's a musical introduction:

se0HnTUTOMY

This forum seems pretty cool. I have a PS3 and a Wii and I am saving my money for an Xbox.

My favorite game right now is Red Dead Redemption.

Hope to learn something at this forum.

You've got a link to "Sell A House" in your About Me, so you're most likely a bot, but welcome anyway!

You've got a link to "Sell A House" in your About Me, so you're most likely a bot, but welcome anyway!

She gone :(

Hello Fellow Thumbs!

Been a listener/reader since about 20 episodes after the podcast started and I have started to read Gamasutra, and have played Far Cry 2, Trine thanks to the podcast. I have just downloaded The Last Express thanks to them following the release on GoG and I want to talk about finishing games!

That is Kaneda aiming his laser rifle at TEEEETSUOOOOOOOO. It will hit him, but only leaves a slight burn as the batteries of the rifle have run out! :tup::D

That is Kaneda aiming his laser rifle at TEEEETSUOOOOOOOO. It will hit him, but only leaves a slight burn as the batteries of the rifle have run out! :tup::D

Pirate has finally earned his avatar title. Though there might need to be a "pointless" in there. :mock:

Welcome, thingdudeman.

Hello! The Thumbs forums still remember me! I am amazed. I haven't been here since 2008, embarrassingly. So I thought that rather than jumping in and saying "HELLO ALL" and looking quite awkward, I should reintroduce myself and hope that some people remember me (even though it was so long ago).

My name's Ben, and I am from Australia (both as indicated by the name). My avatar used to be a Viva Pinata horse with a sombrero and a moustache. I've been working in the Australian game industry on exciting licensed stuff, like Jimmy Neutron's Generic Platformer and Polar Express - The Pretty But Bland GBA version. But of course I did some stuff I'm quite happy with (I worked on the GBA version of Top Gear Rally, which got published by Nintendo!) - but this was all ages ago. Then I got bored with making licensed game #485 for companies that didn't really care about making fun games, and decided to throw all caution to the wind and work independently. Much more recently, I worked on the adventure game, Jolly Rover, with Brawsome.

Right now I'm continuing to enjoy the glamorous poverty of an indie and am working with Brawsome on a new game called MacGuffin's Curse - so take a squint if you're interested. (And if you're not, hey, that's cool too.) We're also gonna be running around like crazy during GDC, so maybe we could say hi and stuff!

When I do actually get some free time (which doesn't seem to be often now) I try to play games, because I am such a game-obsessed dork. Slowly but surely making my way through Stacking at the moment.

And that's about it!