Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hello Everyone,

I'm Lauren and I totally missed this thread when I first joined.

I've been lurking for a while and I finally joined the forums so that I could get in on a Neptune's Pride game. When I was registering, I was going to use the name I use for everything else but I was afraid the other players would google my name for NP secrets. So I made this one up. This is the part where I call for professional help.

Anyway, I'm going to go post that name I use for everything else in the appropriate threads.

Hello Everyone,

I'm Lauren and I totally missed this thread when I first joined.

I've been lurking for a while and I finally joined the forums so that I could get in on a Neptune's Pride game. When I was registering, I was going to use the name I use for everything else but I was afraid the other players would google my name for NP secrets. So I made this one up. This is the part where I call for professional help.

Anyway, I'm going to go post that name I use for everything else in the appropriate threads.

Welcome to the forum! If you like, I'm pretty sure I can change your name to be something else.

Welcome to the forum! If you like, I'm pretty sure I can change your name to be something else.

Hey thanks Chris. Actually, I think I'm going to keep it. It's kind of grown on me. Plus, I'll have to manually change my automatic-lazy-person-logins on all of my devices. I appreciate the offer though.

I was very surprised to see Idle Thumbs up and active again. I remember back in 2004 (or so) when people were jumping the Adventure Gamers ship, and subsequently took the rubber boats to IT. It instantly became my favorite gaming site for a year or so, until I stopped reading it.

I don't really play games anymore (except through scummVM, and a few PS2 games from time to time) - and I certainly never thought I would listen to a Video game podcast - bu after I recently stumbled onto the fact that Idle Thumbs had their own cast, I thought I'd have to give it a listen since it indeed was a great site back in 04-05. So I started with ep 1, and I've been slowly and steadily made my way up to episode 48 or so. I'm surprised how much I've enjoyed it; y'all certainly made a fantastic job of keeping it both interesting and hilarious. Thanks!

Hey man, I remember you from the AG community. Welcome to the forums.

Hi, I joined this forum a while ago and mostly lurk.

However for some reason I can't post a new thread, is there a reason for this?

Greetings and Salutations Thumbs!

When I first discovered the podcast long ago I quite enjoyed it, and was sadden to see that I came into it just before it's death. I only recently learned of it's resurrection and after enjoying the most recent podcast I decided to join the community.

I hope to enjoy my stay here.

Hi. Apparently this is where they keep the people who like Idle Thumbs the most, so I registered.

Raff

It's true. They have a special holding pen, done up in the Idle Thumbs style.

Howdy thumbs. The Idle Thumbs Podcast is the best. My favorite is when I am jogging all by my lonesome on the sidewalk with my headphones and suddenly bust out laughing with no one else around, as one may normally expect from a crazy person, while listening to the cast.

In all seriousness, in addition to the funny stuff, the podcast is full of thought provoking opinions on games, systems, "emergent gameplay", all that good stuff. Keep up the great work guys.

Howdy thumbs. The Idle Thumbs Podcast is the best. My favorite is when I am jogging all by my lonesome on the sidewalk with my headphones and suddenly bust out laughing with no one else around, as one may normally expect from a crazy person, while listening to the cast.

In all seriousness, in addition to the funny stuff, the podcast is full of thought provoking opinions on games, systems, "emergent gameplay", all that good stuff. Keep up the great work guys.

And Far Cry 2.

Let's not forget the zany antics! Too bad they can't stick to a weekly schedule. Suppose we should be grateful they're still doing the show sans Nick.

Hey guys.

A friend introduced me to the Idle Thumbs Podcast a couple of months ago and since then I've worked my way through the pods and decided I may just visit the forums.

So here I am. Yay.

THUMBS!

I found out about this podcast shortly before the old one ended. I was very sad.

Then they made a new one, and it was still awesome.

These guys always make me laugh out loud, which is bad because I listen while walking to class.

I am planning on calling 55-WIZARDON soon.

THUMBS!

I found out about this podcast shortly before the old one ended. I was very sad.

Then they made a new one, and it was still awesome.

These guys always make me laugh out loud, which is bad because I listen while walking to class.

I am planning on calling 55-WIZARDON soon.

That... probably won't work.

Hello!

I kinda discovered idle thumbs about a month or so ago thanks to the ign.com stuff. Someone on giantbomb linked it in their status and I ended up reading the whole twitter all the while not entirely sure if it was real quotes or not. Eventually I got to the Idle Thumbs site and started listening to all the episodes of the cast. It was really weird, because I got super excited about the cast, and then realised the thing was already officially over, and then had the pleasant surprise that it had turned into something else cool.

I've gamed for since grade school, mostly on the pc, although I did/do have a genesis, PS2 and Wii. Favorites include: C&C1, Red Alert 1, Dungeon Keeper, Theme Hospital, Diablo 1, Starcraft, all the LucasArts stuff, all of Ben Croshaw's stuff and almost any Interactive Fiction especially Planetfall, curses and the enchanter series (I'm surprisingly meh on Zork, but I do love the dumb Spider-Man and Hulk game). I also have a weakness for anything with RPG elements and direct control, all along the spectrum from Devil May Cry or Champions of Norrath up to Deus Ex or Kingdom Hearts.

Hey guys, I think I've been lurking around for a little while, just not posting all that much. I don't think I have much to say so I'll tell a story corresponding to Idle Thumbs.

So I was playing some MW2 with a few friends, just playing some demolition as we always do, then, out of the blue, a random joins. The randoms name? shanaman.

My Idle Thumbs kicked in, and I immediately shouted "It's Shaun Vanaman!"

"Who?" came the reply, I didn't respond, I was too busy sending a message to shanaman asking him if he was indeed Shaun Vanaman.

A message has been received:

No, sorry.

Regardless I kept shouting Shaun Vanaman. I think it annoyed him a little bit, because after the next game he eventually shouted "I'm not Shaun Fucking Vanaman!" and left.

Hey guys, I think I've been lurking around for a little while, just not posting all that much. I don't think I have much to say so I'll tell a story corresponding to Idle Thumbs.

So I was playing some MW2 with a few friends, just playing some demolition as we always do, then, out of the blue, a random joins. The randoms name? shanaman.

My Idle Thumbs kicked in, and I immediately shouted "It's Shaun Vanaman!"

"Who?" came the reply, I didn't respond, I was too busy sending a message to shanaman asking him if he was indeed Shaun Vanaman.

A message has been received:

No, sorry.

Regardless I kept shouting Shaun Vanaman. I think it annoyed him a little bit, because after the next game he eventually shouted "I'm not Shaun Fucking Vanaman!" and left.

[ahem]Sean[/ahem]