Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Dear Thumbs,

Crumbs, I'm feeling pressure to be witty and inspired at the same time my first post...how about...

THE WIZZZZZZZZZZZARD.

Eloquence was always a strong point.

I’ve been re-listening to the old episodes, and when the new content came out I decided I would commit a little and join the community here.

I’m currently playing Torchlight and CIV 4. I’ve also just started playing Starcraft (Complete beginner!!), and attacking Psychonauts again after being distracted by University the first time around.

I especially enjoy retro game recommendations, as my gaming PC is with my little brother at chez my parents. My little laptop can play old games!

P.S. I've started hearing the 'Oh Snap' sound-bite thing in my head whenever someone insults someone else around me. Good times.

Hey guys.

My name is dibs. I'm a PC gamer if my 7 yo PC will run it and an avid DS fan.

Love the podcast.

Dibs

This is me saying hi.

I play video games and stuff. And one day I will make video games. In fact I recently got accepted to Digipen for my Master's in Computer Science. I hope it pays off and was not a huge mistake. Here's hoping Valve hires my team to make Portal 3. (ha ha ha)

This is me saying hi.

Hi there. Finally decided to join the forums after over a year listening to the podcast (including the agonizing wait since November).

I'm a mac user so pretty much limited to consoles and handhelds - xbox Ps3 and DS. Oh, and the disgustingly addictive Flight control / Plants v Zombies on the iphone.

Cheers!

Steve

Man, meant to join up to this forum, what, 2 years ago or something? Thoroughly enjoy the podcast, very few worth listening to (or can be listened to), gets a spot in my ear every time it's downloadable.

Why now? Hmm, mentions of people liking Dawn of War 2 Last Stand here (got my first level 20 victory yesterday, hah!) and other reasonable discussion, with what me having only one other game forum I'm currently active in too. Need to find those other games that are good to play.

PC and DS gamer, with a bit of Wii on the side. I'm a partial game historian, and do some random IGDA volunteer stuff (although not currently in the industry, maybe in the future...wooeeeooo).

Also using my real name, I think this place is mature enough for that. It's a typically annoying affair having alias for forums most of the time, and I'd still link to my website and put my real name in my profile anyway. It's Finaldeath most places though if it isn't stolen (why, why oh GFWL do you not do it like steam and just let people change their usernames and allow duplicates? 16 characters sucks).

Now to find some other threads to post in, eh wot?

Hello, Internet dwellers and others,

I've been listening to the podcast since the second episode was released (give or take) but never really got around to checking out the community. And now.... I'm here!

I've been a console gamer for most of my life, but have more recently moved over to the PC as my central platform. Recently I've been playing such things as Torchlight, Civilization 4, and a little MW2 here and there. I've also taken up the slightly nerdier pursuits of D&D and Warhammer 40k in the past year or so.

Looking forward to a bright Idle Future!

Thanks,

MostlyImprov

Another newbie reporting for duty. You all are a depressingly large portion of my ability to remain sane at work, so I figure I may as well come hang out with other dudes with good taste in games and pods. Also, a special shout-out to the vBulletin Captcha program. That thing has some hilarious combinations. After refreshing it several hundred times I finally settled on Assessment 19 which sounds sufficiently Orwellian.

So I stumbled accross this amazing place while browsing the pod cast section of Itunes........I started at the begining :tup: and have been set to Idle. I'm not much of a poster and definitly a hardcore-casual gamer. Jake Rodkin is my hero for proving that man can love video games even if he doesn't get a chance to play them all that much. :violin: . Any way just saying hi.

-zimofirk

Hey, i've been lurking around for ages but i'm finally registered, have listened to every episode of Idle Thumbs several times (Sad or awesome? You decide.).

Been gaming for about 6 or 7 years and I mostly play FPSs and WoW, right now i'm in college and playing BC2 with my clan.

WIZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!

Hey, i've been lurking around for ages but i'm finally registered

Yeah, what the fuck is with all these lurkers who've been coming out of the woodwork? Why lurk, dudes? Just sign up and post a little bit. We're a friendly bunch and we'd like to hear from all our fellow thumbs. IF YOU ARE A LURKER AND YOU'RE READING THIS...I'M CALLING YOU OUT!!! IT DOESN'T TAKE MUCH LURKING TO REALIZE THAT IDLETHUMBS IS A REALLY FRIENDLY AND LAIDBACK FORUM WHERE ALL ARE WELCOME, SO, IF YOU'RE LURKING...PLEASE SIGN UP AND AT THE VERY LEAST...DROP A POST IN THIS THREAD. ALSO: WELCOME TO ALL YOU NEW GUYS. I'M YELLING!

Hi Forum Thumbs,

I haven't lurked on here ever... well not that much at least.

I recently started listening to Idle Thumbs a month or two ago and am listening to the back catalog, currently I am on #37 but am blowing through them at an alarming rate due to my increased interest in Torchlight and my decreased interest in generic sound design in video games.

I'm basically the kind of person who plays TF2 because that game after 400 hours still keeps me entertained like no other games have...ever...

Also The Saboteur is GOTY for 2009, that is all.

Hey Groucho, don't mind those guys, shouting is awesome.

Hey Groucho, don't mind those guys, shouting is awesome.

Gonna back James and Groucho here.

Hello I've been a long-time reader of the Idle Thumbs front page and I really liked the articles so I joined the forums. Just wish you guys would update more often! Thanks.

P.S. Is there a specific reason you stick your Google Ad Links at the left side of the page? I don't read them anyways but it just seems like an awkward place to put that stuff.

I just spent two minutes looking for Google ad links.

My bad! I was just making an awkward joke about being completely oblivious to the podcast.