Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

The first "Puffins!" was way earlier. Somwhere in the teens, I think. Started listening at the beginning while I was on vacation for something to do while driving. Now I've committed myself to go all the way through again. Just finished the expansion PAX.

Hey all, long time Thumbs listener, decided to join the forums when I found out the show was coming back. I've got every system but a PSP, but I mostly game on PS3 and PC. How about that trine game? Pretty sweet eh? Can anyone remind me what episode the puffins bit was in? I almost died laughing at that.

I believe it starts out in Episode 23.

Hey everyone. I've just joined after listening to the podcast since the early 20's episodes. I mostly play PC games these days, though I spent some time on Xbox 360 and DS. I joined because the thumbs are the only podcast I know with the same long time love of PC gaming that I have.

Funny story: After hearing Chris talking about Far Cry 2, I gave it a try. My Dad was visiting my house and took notice. He had never been into PC gaming at that point except for a long dead obsession with Rise of Nations years ago. He was so impressed he had me build him a gaming PC and is now a hardcore enough dude to have S.T.A.L.K.E.R. COP and Anno 1404 be his current favorite games! So thanks for helping show my father the light, thumbs :)

I'm a SolidWorks 3d modeler and IT monkey by day in the vast wasteland that is Alabama. Nice to meet everyone.

edit: I guess this is as good a place as any to bitch that lightning killed my PC's power supply yesterday and I'm now confined to a 900mhz netbook until I can get it back up. Sigh. At least it gives me an excuse to play Fable 2 Finally..

Hey Everyone I just found out how awesome this podcast and community is.

Jeff gold blast game jeff jeff cool gold game gold cool cool cool game.

Oh sorry. I was just making a (bad) joke. Any time is good.

Hehe. Nah, I think new accounts have to be active a bit before being able to start new threads. When I click to do a new one at this juncture, it tells me I don't have the rights.

Hehe. Nah, I think new accounts have to be active a bit before being able to start new threads. When I click to do a new one at this juncture, it tells me I don't have the rights.

Oh, yeah. you need 10 posts? to start a new thread. I thought you meant posting on other threads.

Hey! =D

So, I'm not a long time listener like many of you, but you won't hold that against me, right? I remembered hearing about the show from a while ago, and then a post on NeoGaf was all like "so yeah new idle thumbs woot", so I thought I'd go back and start listening from episode 1. I think I'm on about episode 13 now, and it's easily my favourite gaming podcast bar ALWW but that's in a league of its own.

I will catch up in about 3 months, I reckon.

So yeah, Hi all.

Hey! =D

So, I'm not a long time listener like many of you, but you won't hold that against me, right? I remembered hearing about the show from a while ago, and then a post on NeoGaf was all like "so yeah new idle thumbs woot", so I thought I'd go back and start listening from episode 1. I think I'm on about episode 13 now, and it's easily my favourite gaming podcast bar ALWW but that's in a league of its own.

I will catch up in about 3 months, I reckon.

So yeah, Hi all.

I've tried to get on NeoGAF for a while but am apparently not cool enough. I have my own domain mail but have been rejected 2-3 times. I started cutting after the third.

I've tried to get on NeoGAF for a while but am apparently not cool enough. I have my own domain mail but have been rejected 2-3 times. I started cutting after the third.

Oh, I don't have an account. I just glance over it from time to time! I only have a gmail account :P

Hi everyone! Long time listener here, I've been a lurker of the forums so I thought it's about time I actually joined.

Love the podcast, it's certainly my favourite.

Hi everyone! Long time listener here, I've been a lurker of the forums so I thought it's about time I actually joined.

Love the podcast, it's certainly my favourite.

hi there, captain dread! :)

Hey! =D

it's easily my favourite gaming podcast bar ALWW but that's in a league of its own.

I notice Robert Ashley hasn't dared take on an episode called "What Is Game?" So until he does and concludes that the answer is QWOP, he will be casting pods in the shadow of thumbs.

Um, hi.

I started listening to Idle Thumbs on episode 38, Up On This Boss, but have gone through an listened to each episode at least three times since. My fascination with the podcast has bled into my life in weird ways like, for instance, my fiancee and all her friends have started rambling the Jeff Goldblum combinations at random times, and she will sing "The Wizaaaard" whenever she sees the word Wizard.

Anyway, I figured that if I liked the 'cast so much, I'll probably enjoy the forums, though I don't know if I have anything useful to contribute.

Hi.

I've been a big fan of the podcast in both its iterations, and have lurked around the forums for some time. I tend to play a few games for long periods of time rather than consume new game after game as seems to be normal on most internet forums, so I'm definitely behind the curve in terms of discussing games.

So yeah... hi... again.

I'm a veteran game developer who enjoys the podcast. Currently I'm working on iPhone games.

I'm currently playing Infinite Space DS, and for some reason I just picked up Ridge Racer 7, which I'm enjoying.

thomr.eochu.com

games.eochu.com

No, a veteran is merely someone who has been at it for a long time. :oldman: I, for example, am a veteran eater of pizza's. Mmmmmm. :D

I DID stop working for big gaming companies after I worked at Edge of Reality, but I can't stop making video games any more than I can stop breathing.

http://games.eochu.com/freeGames.htm

Right now I'm working on iPhone games, like Gunrazor, Gunrazor Elite, and Triple Attack.

Are you one of the guys who came to the PAX Thumbs meet? I bought Gunrazor on iPhone.

Also, can you confirm whether Edge of Reality is called Edge of Reality because the studio was first colocated with Terminal Reality, thus existing at the latter studio's edge?

That was me, Chris. I showed you Gunrazor, and you bought it (thanks again).

As for Edge of Reality, I don't know of any Terminal Reality connection (though there might be one). It's my understanding that Rob and Mike started Edge of Reality after leaving Acclaim, and Binu joined them from Gathering of Developers. I was headhunted from Acclaim in 2002 to be a designer at Edge, but the job they had me doing was on the Sims PS2 project. The Maxis guys I was working with turned out not to like me in the least, and the feeling was mutual, so I bailed about 9mon later.

Will there be another PAX meetup? Should we follow you on twitter for such announcements?