Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums but I've been playing the Left 4 Deads with a load of Thumbs forumites for a while now and I thought I'd better join so as not to be seen to be taking advantage.

Plus, I heard there was a secret members bonus forum... turns out the rumours were true.

Ohhhhhhh, so there IS an "introduce yourself" thread... Jeez, I thought it would have been in the general forums... ah well. HI! I already basically introduced myself in the Life thread, but Ima copy paste parts of that here.

Well, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring and say that this is as good of place as any to really introduce myself. New to the forums and podcast. The name's Eric. I love gaming and music. Two of my favorite hobbies and passions. I'm a guitarist and play in a band. We're hoping we can get it to pan out. A friend of mine, also a new member of the forums (rueler), got me to listen to the podcast. I started on IT's comeback episode (probably going to go back and listen to older ones eventually.) and I already love the show to death. I'm also into pretty much all nerdy/cool things under the sun. I love table top gaming. Nothing beats sitting around saying utter nonsense and making dumb inside jokes with a bunch of good friends.

I've gotta say, I love the forums. You guys all seem like good people. I looked through the music thread and absolutely loved it. Same with the books and movies threads. I'm finding this seems like my kind of place. I just wish I had a better computer so I could run more PC games. My good one got fried a while ago and haven't been in the financial position to really splurge on a good PC. But still really glad to be here. When I finally go get a good one, I have a huge group I can potentially play with.

Hi All

I've registered after a year of listening to the show. Mostly because all my friends are terrible poeple who are scared of PCs.

Been listening to the podcast for quite some time and, after hearing so much praise for the community, finally registered. I'm a big TF2 player and been playing the BioWare games as of late. I'd love to get into Dawn of War 2, but don't know the first thing about the multiplayer system there. Also, I got into the Starcraft 2 beta and have not been having much fun. I guess I'm more of a turn-based strategy guy, even though I want to like these faster RTS games.

I've been teaching high school for a couple of years now, and along with a lot of coaching, my ability and desire to play games has dropped. But, I absolutely love listening to the podcast. It ties interesting thoughtful conversations together with random excitement. It really makes me smile to listen to a new episode, and has inspired me to get back into gaming. I am now playing Bad Company and love it.

I'm slowly working through the old series, but I don't think anything will beat FartCry InStinks. True poetry.

After listening and lurking around the forums for far too long, I thought I'd go ahead and put myself out there.

I've been seriously playing games since about the time the first original Idle Thumbs podcast came out, and have since been extremely interested in games as an artistic medium - but also as really fun sometimes.

Yes, I bought Far Cry 2 because of Idle Thumbs and I absolutely loved it.

This may seem weird, but I'm in charge of a Christian-oriented popular culture web site, where we try to analyze and appreciate culture from a Christian perspective. I write pretty regularly about video games and their moral, religious and ethical implications there.

Can't wait to join in on the discussions here. It's hard to find a friendly, sane, and not-so-overwhelming forum to discuss video games on the internet.

This may seem weird, but I'm in charge of a Christian-oriented popular culture web site, where we try to analyze and appreciate culture from a Christian perspective. I write pretty regularly about video games and their moral, religious and ethical implications there.

Hello! Christians playing games doesn't seem that weird to me. Could you maybe post a link to your stuff? Or not, if you don't want to.

Hi new people!

Hello! Christians playing games doesn't seem that weird to me. Could you maybe post a link to your stuff? Or not, if you don't want to.

I would assume this is the site. With it being set as his homepage.

Hey!

My name is Wesley, a 31-year old IT person from Kentucky (Our motto is: "YES, we DO have computers ... and shoes!"). A friend of mine suggested I check out the Thumbs a while back. I listened, enjoyed, but never visited the forums until now.

So, what do I do now?

Hey!

My name is Wesley, a 31-year old IT person from Kentucky (Our motto is: "YES, we DO have computers ... and shoes!"). A friend of mine suggested I check out the Thumbs a while back. I listened, enjoyed, but never visited the forums until now.

So, what do I do now?

A barrel roll?

Just wondering how long I must be a member before I can make posts on other threads.

Oh sorry. I was just making a (bad) joke. Any time is good.

Well, I guess I was outed by Slayeric up back a few posts, so now I feel obliged to post here.

I started listening to Idle Thumbs back last fall, and now I'm so glad that it's made its TRIUMPHANT RETURN. The Idle Thumbs Podcast is most likely the funniest podcast I listen to (despite not understanding any of the inside jokes...what does "scoops" even mean!?!) I sure hope I don't end up like that guy who got beat up by laughing on the bus because he was listening to the podcast.

Well, I guess I was outed by Slayeric up back a few posts, so now I feel obliged to post here.

I started listening to Idle Thumbs back last fall, and now I'm so glad that it's made its TRIUMPHANT RETURN. The Idle Thumbs Podcast is most likely the funniest podcast I listen to (despite not understanding any of the inside jokes...what does "scoops" even mean!?!) I sure hope I don't end up like that guy who got beat up by laughing on the bus because he was listening to the podcast.

Like most of our "jokes," scoops doesn't mean anything. When Steve was first a guest on the podcast, I said something to the effect of, "So, do you have any hot scoops for us?" and somehow that caused Steve to be known as "hot scoops."

Hey now!

Recent convert following unanimously positive feedback to your return on rllmuk. Not entirely sure why I never checked it out earlier, but the demise of a 90-minute weekly podcast I used to listen to has left a very convenient gap in my commute for you.

Really funny stuff, and great to hear a podcast about games where presenters talk at length about something other than the obvious big releases - Call of Pripyat and Flotilla being two so far I'd never have considered prior to this, but am now very keen on checking out at some point, laptop permitting.

So, hello :)

I'm makin' a post! I've had this account for a while but until now I've only been skimming through a few threads every couple of weeks.

I was turned on to the 'cast by a Something Awful thread sometime during last summer and I was hooked almost immediately. It has made long bus rides in San Francisco's dwindling public transportation system infinitely more enjoyable.

Also I'm pretty sure Idle Thumbs is the reason my Steam games list keeps growing and growing.

long bus rides in San Francisco's dwindling public transportation system

How awesome is MUNI these days? It blows my goddamn mind that MUNI employees had the gall to march through town the other week, airing their grievances, as MUNI is getting more expensive for less service, while they're the ones who are complaining their raises aren't BIG ENOUGH this year, as most private sector employees aren't getting any raises at all these days.

I'M IRRITATED.

Oh god, MUNI gets dumber every week. I think two weeks ago someone in the SFMTA tried to enact a change where people would have to pay a dollar or so extra for a transfer. At least someone had to the sense to shut that down.

Hey all, long time Thumbs listener, decided to join the forums when I found out the show was coming back. I've got every system but a PSP, but I mostly game on PS3 and PC. How about that trine game? Pretty sweet eh? Can anyone remind me what episode the puffins bit was in? I almost died laughing at that.