Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hey, fellow thumbs! As a longtime listener of Idle Thumbs, I finally decided to join its wonderful forum community in honor of the rebirth/return of the podcast.

Edited by Gilgamesh
"It's" instead of "its" bothered me.

Hi there. I'm a long time reader (of the podcast), first time poster. Please be gentle.

Salut, Thumbs and Thumbs Forum-ites! I popped my cherry with the Idle Thumbs podblast, and now I can say I'm a dedicated fan. I'll name my dog Idle, name my son Thumbs, set up a gizmo to get blast some great pods in various faces. Happy Monday, everyone!

Hi All,

I just joined the forums after listening to the podcast since last year. I'm glad the cast is back and I'm looking forward to joining people over some Steam games.

I just started listening this week, starting with the resurrected podcast.

Now all my co-workers think I'm weird(er), now that they hear sudden bursts of laughter coming from my cube. Thanks a lot.

Hello! I am new, today. Just saying hi. Love the pod, and the cast.

And especially the forum banner.

Yeah the banner is killer. Made for this site specifically? Who created it?

I spend all day long in class carving "ROCK" into the desks with a mechanical pencil whenever I'm in a lecture room with wooden desktops. Since first semester of freshman year, I estimate I've carved "ROCK" into several hundred desktops.

Hi and welcome to Idle Thumbs, a very ''nice'' and ''friendly'' comunity.

Wanted to say hi, thought I'd register for the forums. Huge fan of the podcast, and find the community contributions to be unusually funny.

As no one else is replying to the question, I guess I'll throw out that I believe the banner art was done by Stevan Zivadinovic, also known as Kingzjester on the forums. If I'm wrong in this, I apologize and will remove the post. If I'm right, yay! I'm useful!

As no one else is replying to the question, I guess I'll throw out that I believe the banner art was done by Stevan Zivadinovic, also known as Kingzjester on the forums. If I'm wrong in this, I apologize and will remove the post. If I'm right, yay! I'm useful!

YOU'RE WRONG.

It's by Dan Lee. He did the old forum art too, before the forums were redesigned. It was originally a barren post-apocalyptic wasteland, with a tattered Idle Thumbs banner. When we polished up and relaunched the forums, he replaced the art with its current depiction of a gleaming metropolis of the future.

I believe the old forum style is actually still applied to threads with no posts past a certain date? I'm not exactly sure. I've definitely come across the old forum on accident a few times. You could probably find some examples somehow.

The Idle Banter forum still has the old banner. I think the contrast between the banners was sort of appropriate at the time they were implemented.

Oh, right. I always just use the "new" post button and jump straight to the latest post in a thread, so I rarely see the top of the page in Idle Banter posts.

More like the CRACK BUTTON, m i rite?! I keep finding myself compulsively clicking it every time. It's so useful!