Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

@DanJW:I just accidently clicked the link in your signature. 'nuf said...

Haha Karimi's guide still makes me chuckle. It was a long time ago though; I like to think we are much more gentle on newcomers now. Not that we were ever cruel, just lots of strong personalities with strong opinions and strong intellects that would often clash in, er, creative ways..

Haha Karimi's guide still makes me chuckle. It was a long time ago though; I like to think we are much more gentle on newcomers now. Not that we were ever cruel, just lots of strong personalities with strong opinions and strong intellects that would often clash in, er, creative ways..

Yeah, things have definitely changed since that guide was written... I guess we're all a bit "maturer" now... or something? :) Still, it's good to keep the guide handy, to scare the newbs.

Yeah, things have definitely changed since that guide was written... I guess we're all a bit "maturer" now... or something? :) Still, it's good to keep the guide handy, to scare the newbs.

It is awkward to read that thing. The fact that this place ever answered these descriptions—and proudly—makes me emo.

Hi, my name is Kingz and I used to be (am?) an obnoxious dick. :hmph:

Nooooo! There was some good stuff too. Like Yufster's welcome post. Except she deleted that after becoming a mod :P Besides it's all in the archives which no-one looks at much.

It is awkward to read that thing. The fact that this place ever answered these descriptions—and proudly—makes me emo.

Hi, my name is Kingz and I used to be (am?) an obnoxious dick. :hmph:

Some of it is completely timeless though. I mean, this:

1- Pick a discreet name , something that will become important later on but can easily be missed in your first week or two. Something like : Hambob.

That is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Hi. I love your username.

Thanks, have been using it for years, 10 at least... ohh that's a scary thought. A Quake 2 clan in my murky past somewhere.

You're Wrestle's friend from Forza on Wednesday, right? Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcome, you all seem like a nice bunch of fellows. Live and Steam all seem to attract some real dicks, so it'll be nice to play with 'normal' people, I guess having some recourse in a forum helps with that.

I done been collectin' people on that Twitter 'gain! :partyhat:

Welcome to the forums, monkey! :clap:

Ain't Twitter great! :woohoo:

Thanks for the welcome, you all seem like a nice bunch of fellows. Live and Steam all seem to attract some real dicks, so it'll be nice to play with 'normal' people, I guess having some recourse in a forum helps with that.

That, and quite a few of us had been talking on the Thumb for years before deciding to set up any kind of games. It helps to have a grip on someone's (internet) personality before jumping in.

I'll do my best to not be a dick then. I can't rule out any first corner carnage on Forza or some fruity language. But I will apologise for the bad driving...

S.

Oh being a dick is almost a requirement. The idea is that we've been talking long enough to know that it's all in good fun. No one will resent you for joining in at this point though, as long as you don't sound serious about it.

Hi Everyone..

I'm new here and really like this forum, it looks like it has a lot of great info.It'll be nice to get to know everyone on here.Thanks.Have a nice time ahead.

I'm new here, but listened to Thumbs since shortly after it started. Looking to kill time at work, hopefully this will fulfill that...

Hullo. Yet another podcast-converted-thumbs-fan-who-now-reads-the-forums-because-he-has-no-gaming-friends here, no doubt.

Just thought I'd drop in and say hi.

Right now I'm stuck in a weird state where I keep playing through almost of all of Demon's Souls up to the last boss and then start over with an identical character... It's really weird because that's the only think I've been playing for the last month or so.

Apart from that I'm currently interested in poetry, classic British literature and cinema.

hi everyone!

i'm new to the forum but have been listening to the thumbs for quite a while now....and now that it's back, i decided to finally join the forum!

cheers to all from croatia!