Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Baaspei here.

Been in love with gaming since I was little playing pong.

In general, I like mindless oldschool shooters or JRPGs. I am not a fan of FPS unless it has a story. I will play them if I get a chance to blow up my friends. But in general no FPSs in my personal "Library".

Broke my kid in on video games with Spyro for his fifth birthday.

Just bought a Wii for the wife.

Find time to play when I can.

Baaspei (Klenton Willis)

Well I picked a hell of a day to start using the forums.

I've been gaming for at least 20 of my 24 years, and Idle Thumbs being PC oriented definitely fit my gaming habits better than any other podcast.

...Just when Nick and Chris' various adventure game anecdotes were giving me reason to jump back into the genre again too.

Damn, i log into this site, listen to all the podcasts within 2 weeks, make a forum name AND send them wonderful news about farcry 2 (which they dont read on the cast), only to immediately find out that the band is breaking up. :(

Anyhow, Hi!

ps: steam farcry 2 now has the dlc for free

edit: jesus, thats a sad face?

Yeah, that's a sad face. You'll get used to it. Welcome aboard! Stick around and you may discover there's more to us than just a podcast!

the killer tomato is a trap to stop people using sad face too much, or something, the sad face you are looking for is actually ;(

Welcome one and all! :D

Having snuck onto the Idle Thumbs Left 4 Dead Sundays through ninja means.

Hi all - I'm Denial as in "in Denial about how it's not the mousemat, it's the ineptitude". I play mainly on PC, some mobile gaming, intend to... explore... the... console... space more fully once I've moved flat, which is taking up most of my spare headspace at present. I'm blowing off steam, and indeed Steam, with Left 4 Dead quite a bit at present, and looking forward to trying out L4D2 tomorrow - although unless they've magnetised hunters, I'm probably still on a hiding to nothing...

unless they've magnetised hunters

Surely you mean demagnetised?! I seem to attract bullets like flies to a particularly juicy shit. ;(

Hi. I am sad the cast is going away. I started listening a few months ago and am listening thru from #1 (up to #9 now).

Such an intelligent, funny podcast must have a community of intelligent, funny people behind it, right? Right?

Having snuck onto the Idle Thumbs Left 4 Dead Sundays through ninja means.

It's funny, for ages I'd assumed you were a Thumb and I just didn't remember what your board name was. Evidently I don't keep track of things very well.

Hi. I am sad the cast is going away. I started listening a few months ago and am listening thru from #1 (up to #9 now).

Such an intelligent, funny podcast must have a community of intelligent, funny people behind it, right? Right?

you are aware it's going to be put down, killed off, euthanized, ..., before it reaches #51

Surely you mean demagnetised?! I seem to attract bullets like flies to a particularly juicy shit. ;(

Good point - I was thinking that maybe I could jump straight up in the air and be pulled at incredible velocity towards the belt buckle of the nearest survivor, but there might be complications with the rain of metal death. Anything to avoid a repeat of the heroic leap straight past all four survivors, over the rope bridge and into oblivion, though. Mind you, that did immobilise the survivors more effectively than a four-way boom, because they were all laughing uncontrollably.

Hi. I've been listening to the podcast for a long time, and now I'm finally registering.

To be honest, I'm sorta just killing time until Torchlight gets released later today! :woohoo:

Hey, I've been listening to the podcast since November, and out of sheer forgetfulness I have only registered until now. :frown:

Hey, I've been listening to the podcast for a few months now and absolutely loving it, but for some reason I held off on joining the forums.

I mainly play PC games, but whenever a landmark title comes out that's exclusive to consoles or that's too badly optimized for my PC, I play it on 360. Mostly into...well, I actually can't decide what genre I enjoy the most. I suppose I should say RPGs as most of my favourite games have at least trivial RPG elements.

I'm not big on multi-player at the moment, but that's mainly because I have no friends (that play games). Although I do very much enjoy L4D or Demigod whenever people I know are on.

I have a feeling I'll enjoy being a part of this community, although I'm quite upset about the podcast being cancelled. Trying to decide whether listening to them from the beginning is a good idea right now. I don't want to just stop listening to Idle Thumbs next week, but then again I don't want the soul crushing feeling of listening to a year of podcasts in solitude and then realising I'll never have another and everyone else has already gotten over it.

Why hello there, I really enjoy your ipod radiocast.

I love video games, they're a great way to have fun.

Frantic Freddie was the first game I ever played. My dad was into computers (well, ham radios primarily), so we had a C64, and this was what began the saga of my nerd life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yuC8raz5CY

Actually I remember one time as a gift, he actually took a floppy disk with some platformer game to a guy in town, and this guy actually programmed in the mario bros. to replace the generic characters.

:gaming:

I don't want the soul crushing feeling of listening to a year of podcasts in solitude and then realising I'll never have another and everyone else has already gotten over it.

If it makes you feel any better. I probably won't have gotten over it (neither will many others, I suspect). I listened to Shadow & the Colossus last night and it was the happiest/saddest thing at the same time. It doesn't help that I'm chemically prone to depression...

If it makes you feel any better. I probably won't have gotten over it (neither will many others, I suspect). I listened to Shadow & the Colossus last night and it was the happiest/saddest thing at the same time. It doesn't help that I'm chemically prone to depression...

Well, that does make me feel a good bit better, especially as I couldn't hold off listening to them. Already up to number 5, at least I'm finally starting to see how hot scoops and The Wizaaaaard started up. :grin:

Well now, I have been playing with some of the good folk from these very forums for many a Sunday night and thought I had better come by and say hello, so..err Hello :worship:.

I'm Andy a.k.a. Armchair General, pleased to meet you.

(stands around awkwardly with hands in pockets)

After what you said in the chat in Sunday's game, I decided to find your post and formally welcome you to the forums.

You should look into the 'multiplayer networking' section and the 'Left4Thumbs' thread to find us regular L4Ders.

Enjoy your stay!

Long time Idle Thumbs listener (I liked the old site a lot too). Now that it's about over, I'm desperately trying to get my Idle Thumbs fix somewhere... no other podcast, gaming or otherwise, seems to fit the bill.

But this... this is the Idle Thumbs FORUM. I gotta get some inkling of love here.

EDIT: Since I can't make a damn thread, I'll mention here how Google seems to be comemorating the end of Idle Thumbs with a picture of Jake's legs in their logo.

Long time Idle Thumbs listener (I liked the old site a lot too). Now that it's about over, I'm desperately trying to get my Idle Thumbs fix somewhere... no other podcast, gaming or otherwise, seems to fit the bill.

But this... this is the Idle Thumbs FORUM. I gotta get some inkling of love here.

EDIT: Since I can't make a damn thread, I'll mention here how Google seems to be comemorating the end of Idle Thumbs with a picture of Jake's legs in their logo.

...I see the cookie monster?

Anyway, welcome aboard. I've found that a combination of Gamers With Jobs (for the silly, though not actually as funny) and Rock Paper Shotgun (for the intelligent, though their audio quality is not that great) is alright if you're missing that Thumb podcast feeling. It's not as good, but it'll do. It at least keeps me happy on my commute to uni.

It changed. It was Jake's legs before (some people might wrongly think Big Bird's). I wish I knew where a direct link to that image was; ce la vie.

I'll check those out. I've been trying to listen to the much-lauded Bombcast and have been very dissapointed. Might just be because my taste in games differ so much from theirs, but then mine differed from the Thumbs a lot too at times...

I like the Bombcast, but it doesn't really scratch the same itch as Idle Thumbs in any significant way.

ce la vie.

Harsh lesson time, we're pedants here. It's "c'est la vie," not "ce." The expression translates "this is life" which is roughly the english "such is life." What you wrote takes out the verb "to be," making it literally "this the life."

...Welcome! :getmecoat

Idle Thumbs! We're surprisingly easy going for a gaggle of humourless pedants!