Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hi All,

Just heard about Idle Thumbs on the 1up boards, and it was said that your podcast is second to none, so thats why Im here. I also like talking about games, a lot. So much so, that I have a blog about it.

I really like the IT site, it looks spectacular, and the podcast, from what Ive listened to, is splendid as well.

Thanks buddy! Welcome to all other new dudes as well.

Hi all new ppl. Now that you're here, you may:

1. Chat about games.

2. Chat about other random stuff.

3. Listen to the podcast even though you probably did that anyway unless you're me (which I do now, if anyone's wondering).

4. Most importantly, go over to the text adventure forum and play in the human-run text adventure, You Are Alone, run, narrated, and GMed by me, myself, and I.

Oh, and a word of advice. Never fall asleep while listening to Idle Thumbs. I just did last night O.O .

Oh, and a word of advice. Never fall asleep while listening to Idle Thumbs. I just did last night O.O .

"I just had the strangest dreamcast... and you were there, [points to Chris] and you, [points to Nick] and you too... [points to Jake] there was a Wizard, and..."

Hi, I have decided to post on these forums. I do not yet know whether this was a mistake or not.

I will try not to try too hard. Hi people!

Edit: I noticed that my nickname is kind of long and does weird things to this board. If this is a problem, then any mod/admin can just change it to "PiratePoo" instead. Sorry in advance.

I noticed that my nickname is kind of long and does weird things to this board. If this is a problem, then any mod/admin can just change it to "PiratePoo" instead. Sorry in advance.

It seems it only does weird things to your posts, in that you have less width available. If you want your posts to be instantly recognizable, I'd keep it. It's more effective than any avatar.

Oh, and hello everyone.

Okay, I'm now completely caught up on my Idle Thumbs. Therefore I feel comfortable introducing myself properly on the super duper Idle Forumsss.

To be honest, I havent really trolled around here much, so I'll probably do more of that after this. Just wanted to push myself out the door into the world of posting here.

So anyway, Howdy, and hopefully I will have useful things to add to the giant pile of talking about video gams.

Also, I'm totally calling the voicemail at some point with my reader mail, if only so I can dial WIZARD with my phone.

Okay, I'm now completely caught up on my Idle Thumbs. Therefore I feel comfortable introducing myself properly on the super duper Idle Forumsss.

To be honest, I havent really trolled around here much, so I'll probably do more of that after this. Just wanted to push myself out the door into the world of posting here.

So anyway, Howdy, and hopefully I will have useful things to add to the giant pile of talking about video gams.

Also, I'm totally calling the voicemail at some point with my reader mail, if only so I can dial WIZARD with my phone.

Welcome!

Welcome!

You should totally make a bot that welcomes people in your name, and then you won't have to visit the forums at all!

¬_¬

You should totally make a bot that welcomes people in your name, and then you won't have to visit the forums at all!

¬_¬

Welcome!

Ooops, I totally skipped this thread! Pretend like this was 10 posts ago or something.

Hey Thumbers, I'm Hermie!

I'm a Norwegian gamer, who recently advanced to level 20.

I take film studies at the university, and so far it's been fascinating to compare the early days of Hollywood and film making to what we are now experiencing with video games, and Idle Thumbs is one of the few video game podcasts that looks properly on narratives and the like.

Oh, I was introduced to Idle Thumbs by my main man Moelman. Love that dude. <3

Hello, all.

I've been listening to the podcast for ages but never got around to checking out the forum before. I'm here now mainly because I wanted to ask Chris about e4g:

http://twitter.com/IdleThumbs/statuses/4662060920

(I don't use twitter, but I follow by rss)

What's the deal with that site? Is the entire site really satire or just some of their writers?

It seems Shawn Elliot couldn't tell either:

http://twitter.com/ShawnElliott/statuses/4488129128

Ahaha. "The story compelled me to play the story" (review of Batman: AA). Awesome. How have I not seen that before?

Well now, I have been playing with some of the good folk from these very forums for many a Sunday night and thought I had better come by and say hello, so..err Hello :worship:.

I'm Andy a.k.a. Armchair General, pleased to meet you.

(stands around awkwardly with hands in pockets)

Hi everyone. Found out about this site through a search on Adam Foster's Minerva. Would love a copy of that Idle Thumbs' interview if someone has a copy. :yep:

Oh, I was introduced to Idle Thumbs by my main man Moelman. Love that dude. <3
He is one cool dude. :getmecoat

<3 Hermie

Hi! Figured I'd post this too since I've been really getting into Idlethumbs a lot.

I was a big fan of the Shackcast back when Remo was there with Nick and it left a really empty void in my week until I decided to go check what he was up to, in which I found this!

Cool to see a place where like minded gamers can come together for some interesting and hilarious discussions.

Also, the forum banners are crazy cool, I like purty pictures.

Hi! Figured I'd post this too since I've been really getting into Idlethumbs a lot.

I was a big fan of the Shackcast back when Remo was there with Nick and it left a really empty void in my week until I decided to go check what he was up to, in which I found this!

Cool to see a place where like minded gamers can come together for some interesting and hilarious discussions.

Also, the forum banners are crazy cool, I like purty pictures.

Yeah, our forum artwork is amazing, and I can say that without being self-aggrandizing because I had nothing to do with it. Back when Idle Thumbs was a text-driven website, we had a lot of original illustration done for articles and the site, by several volunteers but most notable Dan Lee, who did the forum and a lot of our other cool article artwork. Also, the Idle Thumbs fists and typewriter logo was done by Stevan Zivadinovic, otherwise known as Kingzjester on these forums (and in this thread).

Also, the Idle Thumbs fists and typewriter logo was done by Stevan Zivadinovic, otherwise known as Kingzjester on these forums (and in this thread).

Wow! Nice job, Kingzjester! I really like the logo. Plus, I'm a big fan of your cosmic oven-mitt avatar.

Wow! Nice job, Kingzjester! I really like the logo. Plus, I'm a big fan of your cosmic oven-mitt avatar.

Yes! What is that KJ? Makes me think of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy whenever I see it.

Yes! What is that KJ? Makes me think of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy whenever I see it.
It was a weird thing I cobbled together as a logo placeholder for a site I have been working on and off for about a year now. Whenever it is ready for beta testing, I will let y'all know.

Hi!

Been listening for awhile but just joined the boards. Great podcast (only one I look forward to these days), and looks like a nice community you have here.

Jake, you should consider playing some video games.

I've been listening to the podcast for quite some time now but just recently decided to jump into the forums.

I've been gaming for as long as I can remember and I don't see an end in sight. I have a 1 year old son who I can't wait to turn old enough to challenge his old man at a few video games. I've tried with my 4 year old daughter but like her mother, she could really care less about playing video games. They didn't even fall for the gimmick we all know as the "Wii".