Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Much like how Mario Bros bushes are just green clouds.

smb.jpg

I'm sorry, it was Rodi. My bad.

I've been listening to the podcast for about half its life, and I finally got interested in the various forum references. So here I am.

My only gaming news of note: My son had a diabolical plot to get a Wii, which he's been bugging me about for ages. He decided to kill our XBox360 by playing his LEGO games constantly until he red ring'd the thing.

Last month, he succeeded. So instead of finishing Mass Effect, like I finally wanted to do, I'm playing Wii Bowling. Yay?

But he gets points for determination. And I get points for sweet talking my wife into letting me upgrade my graphics card so that I can PC-game in the basement like a true lonely man.

Is the bush the guy with the giant sword?

WELCOME, NEW PEOPLE. I WAS NEW ONCE. NOW LOOK WHAT'S HAPPENED.

Duke doesn't want you do steal mobygames' bandwith

Duke doesn't want you do steal mobygames' bandwith

Argh, if that still happens when you hotlink to a mobygames screenshot, I've probably made some embarassing mistakes in many places recently. Fixed though.

I remember making a thread on the IGN Vault boards back in the day, containing dozens of images linked from somethingawful.com. To me and my caching browser it looked perfectly fine. Alas! everyone else saw a man proudly displaying his gaping anus and I was banned for a period of time.

I remember making a thread on the IGN Vault boards back in the day, containing dozens of images linked from somethingawful.com. To me and my caching browser it looked perfectly fine. Alas! everyone else saw a man proudly displaying his gaping anus and I was banned for a period of time.

I did the very same thing at NaliCity once, in a thread where a bunch of far right religious nutters were ranting. Almost wished it wasn't an accident :grin:

I did the very same thing at NaliCity once, in a thread where a bunch of far right religious nutters were ranting. Almost wished it wasn't an accident :grin:

Nachimir, you sure have also taken the cake for internet embarassment.

Hello! Stumbled across Thumbs about 3 months back and have gotten addicted to the podcasts. I'm the guy whose email the Thumbs read back in podcast 32 about sending "slob shooter, gamer-grub feedbag and strategy chocolates" via email to a different department at my job by accident. Lol.

I grew up playing Nintendo systems but once I got my first 75 MHZ Hewlett-Packard, I was sold. I moved on to Team Fortress Classic for about 10 years (!!!) and various other games and now just video games! So hey :)

Haha, indeed, but I was surprised by how little of a reaction I got back.

I got an email from the marketing director of that department basically advising me to watch what I send through email and that everyone in her department received it - not to mention anything sent through email in a government entity is public record, so it was available for local media to publish as well, haha. I was extremely surprised I didn't get ANYTHING other than that.

I kind of felt obligated to follow up with her and I tell her it was all related to gaming. I mean, "slob shooter" is one of those open to interpretation kind of words, eh? But alas, I still have my job so oh well! :clap:

Ok. I haven't really been on these forums before. But I have listened to the pods relatively faithfully before, but then I stopped. I think I started doing my job during the day. Gasp! So I've stopped that momentarily and also found this because of the ign.com twitter that I've been following linked to the original thread here. So here I am. I really just registered because I had some funny ideas and decided to add to what is a really huge pile of random things.

Oh, Hi!

I'm on-again-off-again with gaming. I'm actually probably casual in terms of skill and game choices but I really like to follow in on the culture of people who are "cool" in the gaming world.

Ok. Bye!

Hey everyone!

I'm a pretty avid 26 year old gamer dude, who signed up for the forums after listening to the Podcasts at work all day.

Feel free to shoot me a friend invite on XBLA (formated 4 tv), and I'm down for multiplayer in any game I have.

Hey everyone!

I'm a pretty avid 26 year old gamer dude, who signed up for the forums after listening to the Podcasts at work all day.

Feel free to shoot me a friend invite on XBLA (formated 4 tv), and I'm down for multiplayer in any game I have.

Xbox Live arcade? Surely you mean XBL, simple mistake to make. Welcome and enjoy your stay.

Hi.

Video Games.

Long time listener first time caller.

I enjoy video games. My name is Rob. I'm a Reverend at the Church of the Glorious Excess.

I play a little TF2 here an there. A little Quakelive once in a while. There's a forum game I like to play once in a while called "Call of the Troll".

I was recently introduced to the browser game Travian (I play on the .com speed server) and got hooked on it. I use robots to play Mafia Wars on face book and farm items for people who like to purchase intangibles.

I enjoy cooking and no gi bjj.

I'm anxiously awaiting my son's birth and starcraft 2. How much time I get to spend with one depends on which comes first. >.>

<.<

I'm a photographer. I'm a lover. I recently had to fix my toilet. It was the damn bobber thing and then the SS Braided line from the wall to the toilet is all fucked up so I have to go out and get another one. But I really have to go to the bathroom. I don't want to go to Home Depot first because what if I get there and can't hold it anymore. No way Joe am I going in their bathroom. At least I have a shower at home if I have some sort of accident. I think I might just put towels under the toilet and let it leak while the tank fills up... but, yeah...

Edited by RobTheReverend
grammar fuckup

Hi there, my name is UncleSpaggles and come to you live from Leigh-On-Sea, a very small retirement village on the Thames Estuary, its located around the south east of the UK, just off from London if you are looking down on it from the sky like a weatherman or a very high up pigeon with impeccable eyesight. Actually that was a lie, I'm in London at work right now, bored. I used to like cartoons and geeky Film/TV stuff until I got a job publishing mags/comics on Star Wars, Star Trek, Lost, Simpsons, SpongeBob, etc and now they hold as much interest as the label on a can of Heinz Baked Beans - but it helps pay the rent so what ya gonna do?! My Video game hobby, thankfully, has yet to be dragged into my professional life - though I expect some tie-in comics are on the cards at some point. I'm getting married next year, somehow I didn't think about all the stuff you have to sort out when I proposed and we have only just started looking at venues. Went on holiday to Venice you see and not getting engaged there would have been a bit like going to Disneyland and not seeing Mickey Mouse...and I love her and all that of course. I listen to Idle Thumbs like a good little boy every week along with Rebel FM and recently Giant Bombcast - but I like Thumbs the best and I'm not just saying that, I really do think those guys are swell. So if you see me around you now know a little bit about me and wont be all shy, looking at your feet and that. I'm not saying we are on hugging terms yet, lets see how we go.