Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Right, of course. That's actually an interesting observation you made there, because I've never actually pronounced the word in English. When thinking about it, I wouldn't say earl, but you are el, which means I should've picked the other article. I guess shit like this happens because I never speak English, which means I make crazy decisions like "pronouncing" acronyms as I would in my native tongue when writing. Again, awesome observation -- thanks for pointing it out!

Ugh, you pronounce it "earl"?

Really, they should have called the song "Webmaster"

u2gvaDTpKMk

there are other people here you enjoyed the post cost!?

as for the archive, click this image on the website:

minipod_archive.png

Not the podcast archive but the archive with articles and stuff from before Idle Thumbs turned into a podcast.

that's on the flipside of the front page, just flip your monitor

Ugh, you pronounce it "earl"?

WELL SORRY.

Yeah, I don't know, I tend to "pronounce" it in my head as a word, but feel awkward either way saying it out loud. Both sound wrong.

Out of interest, why is it so jarring to some people? I mean, nobody I know says "jay-pee-ee-gee". Is it just because "url" is a homophone for a real word?

I guess I find it annoying when people pronounce "UFO" as "yoo-foe". Perhaps it's to do with what we've come to expect.

WELL SORRY.

Yeah, I don't know, I tend to "pronounce" it in my head as a word, but feel awkward either way saying it out loud. Both sound wrong.

Out of interest, why is it so jarring to some people? I mean, nobody I know says "jay-pee-ee-gee". Is it just because "url" is a homophone for a real word?

I guess I find it annoying when people pronounce "UFO" as "yoo-foe". Perhaps it's to do with what we've come to expect.

I think it just sounds ugly.

Although to be fair I still cringe a little when people talk about playing dohda and wow and see-ess and god knows how many others. Oh well.

You don't pronounce CS as 'cuss'? Fucking heathens.

You don't pronounce CS as 'cuss'? Fucking heathens.

I know right, look at these plebes, who let the rabble out of their hovels?

Although to be fair I still cringe a little when people talk about playing dohda and wow and see-ess and god knows how many others. Oh well.

Oh, those irritate me a little as well, not least because, if anything, it should be "dohta". I guess I just find "yoo-arr-ell" is awkward and lacking in consonants. The alternative isn't much better, but at least it's shorter so I can get it out of the way sooner.

Generally I just say "address" and sidestep the whole tiresome affair.

Hey all, discovered the podcast during the whole downfall of 1up last winter on recommendations from SomethingAwful. It pretty much skyrocketed to my favorite gaming podcast and I'm finally registering my appreciation. It's pretty great to hear a podcast these days where PC game discussion vastly exceeds iPhone game discussion.

Also, I want a giant button button that plays Chris saying "Fuckin' weird" when I press it.

Hey all, discovered the podcast during the whole downfall of 1up last winter on recommendations from SomethingAwful. It pretty much skyrocketed to my favorite gaming podcast and I'm finally registering my appreciation. It's pretty great to hear a podcast these days where PC game discussion vastly exceeds iPhone game discussion.

Also, I want a giant button button that plays Chris saying "Fuckin' weird" when I press it.

Haha, your avatar wins.

It reminds me of this:

funny-pictures-happy-chair-enjoying.jpg

... which I'm very fond of.

Hello everyone,

I recently started with IdleThumbs Episode 1 and listened all the way up to this week's episode. Now, each week, instead of looking forward to new comic Wednesdays, I look forward to new IdleThumbs Podcast day.

Edited by GameDreamer

It should also have other buttons that play recordings of Jake saying something fucking weird. Also welcome!

OMG! We're in a dire need for a flash soundboard! And then we can use it to prank-call Ken Levine or something.

Hi, I just registered too. Pretty much this ^^^^

Personally, I spend most of my gaming time in WoW (raiding will do this to you). In the past week, I've also played Demigod, Victoria, the Cities XL beta, the Heroes of Newerth beta, Plants v Zombies, Civilization IV, The Sims 3, SimCity 4, Aerobiz Supersonic (SNES!), Rock Band 2, and the board game Power Grid IRL. The next game I will probably buy is NCAA Football 10 on Xbox 360.

I graduated from the University of California not too long ago, and worked a bit for a game developer in nearby Emeryville. It was a great experience--got to go to some industry events in Northern California--but the pay was awful. Sadly I'm out of the industry now, but I still do a ton of nerdy stuff; I've been to every Blizzcon and the last two PAX conventions.

I don't know how much time I'll have to peruse the forums since I already post actively on SA and on the Elitist Jerks WoW forums, as well as working full-time and taking a class on the side. We'll see!

Edited by Bury
Added some RL infos, hope it isn't a mistake

91]

I don't know how much time I'll have to peruse the forums since I already post actively on SA and on the Elitist Jerks WoW forums' date=' as well as working full-time and taking a class on the side. We'll see![/quote']

Well we are clearly better than all of those people.

Hi, I just registered too. Pretty much this ^^^^

Personally, I spend most of my gaming time in WoW (raiding will do this to you). In the past week, I've also played Demigod, Victoria, the Cities XL beta, the Heroes of Newerth beta, Plants v Zombies, Civilization IV, The Sims 3, SimCity 4, Aerobiz Supersonic (SNES!), Rock Band 2, and the board game Power Grid IRL. The next game I will probably buy is NCAA Football 10 on Xbox 360.

Oh shiiiit Power Grid is the business. Considering starting a board game thread now...

I've only been here a few months, but welcome!

Edited by Shakesbeard

Yeah, Power Grid is one of the games on regular rotation when I head to my friend's house for Wednesday games night.

Hello teeming masses. Just stopping by to say whats up, and hoping to frequent these forums between work and school. Love the podcast, so I imagine the forum's shinanigans are just as great

Yeah this has been quoted before but, pretty much that except replace "Something Awful" with "I lurk on NeoGAF. Woo!"

I go to high school. Guess what? It sucks.

I guess now I should list a bunch of video games. Currently The Secret of Monkey Island is wasting my time until the Special Edition comes out. Also running through Sam and Max Hit the Road, Prince of Persia (got the Special Edition at the Gamestop sale, good stuff) and I just realized I've had Point Lookout for Fallout 3 downloaded for 2 weeks and haven't found time to play it out of the time I already spend gaming, reading, and general screw around-ery (which does or doesn't involve Lost, depending what time of the year it is.)

So, uh, hi.

I guess now I should list a bunch of video games. Currently The Secret of Monkey Island is wasting my time until the Special Edition comes out. Also running through Sam and Max Hit the Road...

Awesome! Welcome aboard!

Hi there!

I started listening to the podcast after Chris' appearance in the GWJ podcast and I've been going through the back catalog pretty quickly.

My impressions so far of the podcast:

-length and amount of editing are perfect

-in-jokes are hilarious

-the fact that it's recorded in person makes it a much smoother ride compared to other podcasts

-NEEDS MORE SONGS FROM CHRIS

-PC gaming is greatly appreciated, especially after GFW Radio's demise

Anyway, keep up the great work... and Jake, get the lead designer from Tales of MI to interview in the podcast!

Thought it was about time I signed up and said hello. I've been listening to the podcast for quite a while now, and I love it. Great mix of humour, passion, and thoughtful insight.

I love all sorts of games, from Halo to Total War via Spelunky and Xeno Clash. I'm a designer/illustrator by day and amateur games designer by night and maybe one day I'll finish something. :)

I've never been into the whole forum thing, but I've been lurking around here fairly regularly recently and enjoying some of the conversations so I thought what the hell, I'll give it a go.

So, um... Hello!