Moosferatu

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves

Anyone played it yet? I'm hoping to get a Wii this weekend. If I were to get either Smooth Moves or Raving Rabbids to start out with, which would be a better buy?

I just got it earlier today. How many people do you have to play with? Warioware seems like it would be great with a crowd, with everyone acting like an idiot and having a great time. Rayman is a better single player experience in my opinion. 'Course, I've only played through each of the characters' sets of games once (Time to credits: a little less than 2 hours. Still a bunch of games I haven't seen though) so make of that what you will. Rayman's games are, of course, longer and more involving. They also happen to be a lot of fun. Warioware is what it always is, which I'm a fan of so I don't mind. Hopefully though I'll be able to get some friends together this weekend-ish to give Wario a spin and see how it fares.

Both good games. Rayman has superior single player, but (in my experience) the multi is a little unwieldy. Warioware has good single player, but you really need an audience to get the most of making that much of an ass of yourself. Enjoy the Wii.

Someone was playing it (wario) at work earlier this week. It looked totally hilarious and masses of fun. Standard Warioware rules seem to apply though - it's for short bursts of play - if you sit down and play it like you play a normal game, you will burn it up in a few hours and miss out on a lot of the satisfaction to be had from discovering it little by little.

I got it on Friday and beat it already, if the most hilarious game since Sam&Max!

I do believe this is the first Wii game to use the mic, I wasn't even sure that the Wii-mote had one until I played a mini game which I could only win by clapping my hand over the Wii-mote (the castanet one)

I do believe the final mini game uses it too?

I wonder if the "Kalorimeter" is better exercise than Wii Sports? It's defenity less tiring since I played all weekend without getting sore arms! :mock:

Uhh... the Wii doesn't have a mic. (right???) The clapping in the final game is registered by the motion and then sudden stop of the remote, wheras the castanet one I believe is done by clapping your hand over either the A button or the shudder that gets sent through the remote by being enclosed in a clapping hand.

Still, good game.

Uhh... the Wii doesn't have a mic. (right???) The clapping in the final game is registered by the motion and then sudden stop of the remote, wheras the castanet one I believe is done by clapping your hand over either the A button or the shudder that gets sent through the remote by being enclosed in a clapping hand.

Still, good game.

That's what I thought, but I only won the minigame by tapping on the speaker, if it doesn't have a mic, it can tell when it's been hit becuase just moving the remote didn't work... :erm:

Microphones and speakers are pretty similar in construction... Maybe the Wii goes both ways, so to speak. I played a few rounds of WarioWare today at work and wasn't disappointed. It looks like Smooth Moves will be my first non-Zelda Wii acquisition.

Smooth Moves is extremely enjoyable as a singleplayer game. Haven't tried multiplayer yet but I expect that's where the game's longevity is.

The screens instructing you the different stances / movements are the most hilarious tutorial screens I have ever seen. I was playing Smooth Moves alone in my house and laughed out loud quite a bit.

No Trauma Center? At least rent it or something, it's a fantastic game... :gaming:

That will eventually appear as well. It's a matter of spending a lot of money versus spending some money.

Fair enough. At least it's on the "to play" list.

Yeah, the tutorial screens are awesome. My roommate was watching me play for a while when I first got it just so he could hear each new play style described.

"In this position, you channel the quiet dignity of a circus clown during a rain storm." Brilliant!

Whoa the collection with the Nintendo game inspired microgames is really great this time. Sometimes you really think you're in a mini slice of the real Wind Waker or Animal Crossing or Nintendogs or Brain Training.

Yeah I loved those, most of them I expected but the wind waker one really caught me off guard!

Huzzah! I just waited in the cold for an hour this morning to get a Wii. Finally! Anyway, I picked up Warioware, since I saw some YouTube videos of it and it looked amazing.

Best Buy's really revamped their Wii-getting protocol after all the conroversies with people hurting themselves and others, etc. etc.

They did well this time around. I was surprised.

They even let us wait in the warm vestibule for the second hour!

Awesome game. One complaint: it's too easy. I can't compare it to Twisted or Touched, as I've never played them, but the original Wario Ware was much much more difficult. You actually had to work to complete several of the challenges. In Smooth Moves you can complete almost all of them in your first or second go. Also, they just throw the minigames at you without having to earn them, though that I don't mind so much.

In comparison to Raving Rabbids I'd say that Smooth Moves has, on the whole, stronger games, but Raving Rabbids has, well, the Rabbids. I can't get over how great those little guys are. Did you guys see these videos?

I got it over the weekend. I'm with the other comments here that say it's too easy. It's also a bit short.

But that's all beside the point. It's completely nuts and crazy fun. I'm having a Wii party in a couple of weeks, and I expect this to be a hit with my non-gamer friends.

Yeah. Just beat it twice today in the span of about 4 hours :).

So much fun. The longevity really is in multiplayer, my friends had a blast.

Theres a bunch of interresting spins on it, and all involve passing around the wiimote. There's simple elimination, and theres one that's quite fun, where if you win a game, you chose who to pass it to and what "form" they'll use.

But there's some awesome stuff to keep you going in single player too.

For anyone who's curious, I think this is most of the unlockable single-player stuff (SPOILERS):

-Extra mission in which you use both the wiimote and the nunchuck, which is really difficult

-Kalorometer mode, which tells you how many calories you've burned durring the course of 20 microgames, but also scores microgames differently. You're given a score based on accuracy or speed with which you complete a game, not just telling you whether or not you beat it. Basically, you can see if you can do better on an individual microgame.

-An endurence game that throws absolutely random microgames at you and speeds up after every one.

-A couple single-player games, most notably a full-length puzzle-game version of one of the single-player boss battles. You have to stack blocks on top of a paddle without them sliding off. It's more difficult than it sounds, especially when they throw in triangular blocks, and there are at least 20 levels, probably more: I only beat about 12 before going to bed. Really fun though, especially for an unlockable extra. Theres also a can-shooting game, some sort of "3-D" flying game, a game where you have to bounce a ball Arkanoid-style up through a tower, which continues until you mess up. There are a few others I can't remember.

So yeah. Lots of replayability there, for single- and multi-player.

Plus, the same 200 microgames get harder and harder as you play more and more (requiring that you do more things within the 5 seconds, etc.), so the learning curve is there.

I love it.

Did you unlock the 6th mini-game by playing all 200 micro-games? I haven't been able to throw much time into it yet, but they, surprisingly enough, actually did make it semi-difficult to get all of the games.

Did you unlock the 6th mini-game by playing all 200 micro-games? I haven't been able to throw much time into it yet, but they, surprisingly enough, actually did make it semi-difficult to get all of the games.

No, I haven't, and I actually just read about that afer my last post. I have no clue how to know when I've played all the games yet. Somehow, it feel's like I've only seen about 100, but that can't be so. Are there any unlockables that give you extra microgames? Besides the UFO level?

In other news, it has officially passed the casual gamer test. My younger sister is on a break from school this week and was over visiting yesterday. She didn't bother to go home, choosing instead to stay up playing WarioWare. I'd say that's a good sign.

was thinking of buying this game last night but somehow ended up at the counter with Red Steel in hand.

For those of you with Warioware, would you rate this game a buy or rent?

And, it seems really geared towards the kids, would a 23 year old enjoy this game?

I'm a 24 year old and I love it :)

It's geard towards those who have no qualms with letting go and having fun regardless of how silly they may look

was thinking of buying this game last night but somehow ended up at the counter with Red Steel in hand.

For those of you with Warioware, would you rate this game a buy or rent?

And, it seems really geared towards the kids, would a 23 year old enjoy this game?

It's not totally geared towards kids. There are alot of suggestive or subtle adult jokes in there too. I'd say "all ages" is more appropriate.

And I'd rate this as a buy, just because it's a party game at heart and you'd want to have it handy whenever friends are over. When I think rental, I think of primarily single-player games that you can beat once and be done with.

19 and really into WarioWare. Always have been. 'course, a game looking like it's for little kids has never stopped me before (Super Princess Peach, Viva Pinata, Chibi-Robo, etc are all great games, so fuck the whole "target demographic" thing) so take that with a grain of salt. Definitely worth your time and money if you've got people to play it with.