Salka

Weird things

I had to teach my knuckles how to crack in the first place. It was really hard and hurt like hell. But basically I used the same motion I do now, I just had to press really freaking hard.

That's how I learned to do it. At 13, a friend asked me "Can you crack your knuckles?", and I couldn't at first, then once it happened I couldn't stop. My toes crack if I curl them hard too.

Oh yeah, knuckles, middle joints of the fingers, toes, back, and neck can all be cracked on command. My elbows and knees will, but only when they feel like it. And my jaw has a funny catch where it feels like it's cracking, but I think there's just something wrong with it.

I crack my knuckles the wrong way, I guess. Most people seem to like bending their fingers backwards as Thrik described. As for me, I make a very loose fist, then place my thumb on top of each finger, pressing down on them one by one and cracking them as I go. I've tried that "bend backwards" thing in the past and it never works for me.

I crack my knuckles in a very user-friendly way, but I've never seen anyone else able to do it.

I make my hands into a claw and all the knuckles crack, that is all. The sound has been described as both being like beetles and being like teeth rolled across a tiled floor.

I think I do something very similar. I can crack my knuckles infinitely by making a claw and then curling it into a fist. But this feels different to the normal "popping" of joints so I don't do it any more.

All my joints pop pretty easily lately. Every time I stretch my back, shoulders and elbows crack loudly. But the one that feels the best is cracking my neck by twitching my head to the side.

ahhhhh.

I can't stop cracking my knuckles, and I get told off for it constantly by family, friends and colleagues. Each finger can crack twice, once for the nuckle and one ce for the first joint. Then after a minute they reset and I'm off again.

Edit: The top joints click as well.

The very best is: After sitting in the relatively same position in a movie theatre, twisting around, grabbing the back rest and applying leverage to twist more and pop every bone in your spine. Oh, that feels so good.

Hah, snubs, I got taught the best way to do that, by my old karate teacher who also used to teach us some shiatsu massage.

Not sure I can explain this in text, but what you do is: lie down flat. stretch out your arms to either side, so your shoulder are flat on the floor. now, bend one knee. Keeping that foot on the flat knee, take the bent knee over the other leg and try and touch it to the floor.

It's easier to have someone to do it to you. Shiatsu feels gooood (hasn't this come up on the forum before?..)

Dan: I think I can picture what you mean and I look forward to trying but unfortunately, I don't enough enough floor space in my dorm to do that just yet.

But hey, spring break is in 5 weeks, so I'll be able to do that in no time!

Spring break in 5 weeks and it's -31C/-24F at the time of this writing. Wow.

On that note, I can stiffen my fingers and bend them at only the outer joint, keeping the rest straight and rigid.

Do you mean like this?

theclaw001fa1.th.jpg

theclaw002ot7.th.jpg

I've only ever known that referred to as "Bruce Lee's Claw" and it hurts like mad if you 'lock' that for too long.

Do you mean like this?

Yeah, but I've perfected it!

benderef7.jpg

I can only do two fingers at that angle at once though, so there's room for improvement!

I just bought a wiimote despite the fact that I don't own a wii.

Well, a guy just achieved this, so I figured out I could start some development on the PC with the wiimote .