Salka

Weird things

I think that cigars taste like Final Fantasy VIII.

I don't know why, but every time I taste a cigar, it reminds me of playing Final Fantasy VIII when I was about 13 and didn't even smoke cigars anyway.

Don't let me feel like a weirdo. Admit weird things that reminds you of other stuff for no reason at all.

I sometimes ride my bicycle and then distinctly pick up the smell of snot in particular neighbourhoods. It's very rare, that. Only on good days, I should say. Mostly in the summer.

I love startling birds without meaning to. Like, walking by a tree that has something like 50 birds hiding in its higher branches without knowing that they're there. Something I do startles them, and there's a huge rush of birds all flying at once quickly past my head in the other direction. It reminds me of playing hockey as a little kid, but I'll be damned if I can figure out why.

Weird story, once on a car journey (not sure where to) we passed through a town called Towcester (pronounced "toaster").

I kid you not, the town actually smelled of Toast, it may have been psychosomatic but if it was it affected everyone in the car, hehehe.

Whenever I hear the theme for the original Battlestar Galactica, I get phantom pains of the flu. I must have watched it when I was a childs and had the flu, and it just stuck with me subconsciously.

Hey that reminds me. As a kid, whenever I used to have the flu and was resting a few days on the sofa all tucked in and feeling vulnerable, I'd watch reruns of Star Trek Voyager. For a very long time in my somewhat-adult life, when I saw Voyager, it felt really cool and mysterious and romantic, because of when I watched it in my childhood when recovering.

When I was younger, I thought that eating the ends off of hotdogs would make me ill. So, I refused to do it, until my parents deemed it necessary to show me the error of my ways.

I promptly threw up several minutes later.

Now I continue to tear them off and throw 'em away, even today.

Also: When I play Theme Hospital (not something that I boot up often anymore, but this was going strong when I did play it) I could taste cherry Cold-Eeze, the throat lozenge that didn't taste as much like the plague in tablet form as the lozenges I'd had before that.

And I believe this is because I had a bad cold and was sucking down lozenges constantly while playing Theme Hospital.

So I don't seem to have any totally random mental associations, but I figure these are close enough.

Nirvana: Nevermind sounds like QuakeWorld.

Yes! To me too. Also, the 16stone album by Bush sounds like Quake 1 Single Player.

My garage smells like Halloween! It's a good smell to have around.

Also sometimes I'm walking somewhere and it smells like the inside of Pirates of the Carribbean.

Also airplanes smell and taste like plastic and barf, regardless of how clean the air allegedly is in those things. There was a drinking fountain in my elementary school which tasted like airplanes.

If I ever have the misfortune of hearing Steve Miller band's "Fly like an Eagle" (I think it is called that) at any volume, I get a seering headache.

I cannot eat English Twixs because for some reason the taste of them is connected to the sight of this repulsive man called Howard stroking the unshaven hair on the warts on his chim

I cannot eat English Twixs because for some reason the taste of them is connected to the sight of this repulsive man called Howard stroking the unshaven hair on the warts on his chim

You win.

Driving down the street after getting dinner, I cought a distinct wiff of Christmas. Kind of an aged/dying pine tree-ey hint of wrapping paper smell. And my brother smelled it and thought the exact same thing.

Which makes sense, since we've spent most every Christmas we've been alive for together.

You win.

I wish I did, I used to really like Twixs in England, I can eat ones in Canada, but the chocolate and caramel isn't the right taste. Which creates a weird Catch 22, they don't taste right, but to taste right they would have to taste of that mental image... ;(

I'm more concerned for those haunted by two-fingered confectionery and follicle-festooned chin tumours...

PS: Do not enter "warts" into Google Images; that's terrifying.

The inside of the box for my Gamecube Freeloader has smelt of cigarettes since before I ever opened it, and I bought it new, and I've never smoked.

More like your retailer sold you a stealthily refurbished unit. :fart: