miffy495

Sam & Max: Situation: Comedy

Excellent episode. :tup: My only complaint is Max's forehead. I hate how it looks like an anvil has fallen on his head every time he raises his brow. Also, I'm hoping for some trippier locations more on par with the original Sam & Max in future episodes.

His head does looks like a monkey now, come to think of it! :mock:

If there's going to be a Season 2 I think it'd be smart for Telltale to include a Mega Monkey esque difficulty setting to appease the hardcore fans, but I would still play it on easy because I'm really not interested in being stuck in an adventure game anymore.

You've just proven why, in my opinion, there shouldn't be a "Mega Monkey" mode. These games aren't made with employees pocket change in their spare time, they're made on a very regimented budget that can't slip in any direction. That means that every penny spent has to show up on screen. Why would money be - effectively - wasted making content deliberately designed just for one pocket of our overall audience. If you, a pretty heavy gamer, are admitting that you wouldn't play the harder version (and therefore wouldn't see a bunch of content that we spent money building), why bother spending the budget on that?

Also, this probably makes me a bastard, but if it comes to a point where you're going to lose someone no matter what decision you reach, I think the group who would flat out refuse to play the game because they thought it was too easy would in fact be much smaller than the group who enjoyed the interactivity, humor, and storytelling and couldn't be bothered one way or the other about hwo much head scratching was involved because they were simply enjoying themselves playing it, and therefore the people who demand "difficulty or I'm not playing" would be the first to go.

I'm speaking wholly for myself here and not for Telltale in any way, because I have no idea what the rest of the company thinks. That's just my totally unresearched, hypothetical breakdown of audience size and relevance to the continued success of a series like Sam & Max.

I would most likely play both, but I still completely agree with Jake. They already put a whole bunch of dialogue and visual gags into the game that probably a bunch of people will never ever discover. I'd rather have a game stuffed with that (as it is now) than have developers spend more time making two different versions of the game.

I'm a little torn over the difficultly of the puzzles. On the one hand, it would be more satisfying if some of the puzzles took more than 5 seconds to solve. On the other hand, I just played The Dig, making me appreciate the strait forward and logical puzzles of S&M Season 1. I'd definitely rather spend my time enjoying the game then pixel hunting, only to discover that you can pick up Jesse James severed hand (I swear they brought it back from the first game just to mock me). In the end, I have to admit Telltale has done well at making the puzzles logical enough that they are solvable, but not so straightforward as to be trivial, as well as not so convoluted as to be frustrating.

If you find the puzzles easy, you should consider that it might be because you're just better at solving puzzles. I know one puzzle in Situation: Comedy that required remembering something first seen in Culture Shock probably would have had me pulling my hair out when I was just getting into adventure games, but it only took my about two seconds to realize what the solution was.

ketchup or catsup

For business it makes sense to keep the puzzles easy. For those foolish enough to buy each game individually, you really don't want them getting stuck early on in the series, as it will likely keep them from buying future episodes.

The one major complaint I have about the game is Sam's voice acting. I'm fine with the voice, and I can accept it as Sam's, but the acting is awful. Every line has the same flat delivery. When the situation calls for concern, excitement, or any emotion, it isn't expressed. I can't understand why as David Nowlin is obviously capable of expressing emotion as he did when he played Fone Bone. I hope his performance improves in MMM.

i get to the part where im in the tv-show with myra and i sing so high, that i break her glass of water and i try all sorts of stuff but i dunno what else to do :frusty:

________

Yamaha TZ750

Edited by zozole003

You only have one thing left to do before you beat the game. It's written below, but I highly recommend that you go through the dialogue trees and discover it for yourself. Seriously. I'm giving you the means to ruin the ending here. Don't look unless you've exhausted every option. You have been warned. The rest of you, don't look unless you've beaten the game or worked on it. As spoilers go, this is one I really wouldn't want to read beforehand. If I hadn't beaten the game and read it, I'd be really pissed off at me for posting this.

Talk to Myra about the tabloids and say that the cow was involved. She'll move the mic into the water and the bear will get zapped. I hope you're happy. You just ruined the last puzzle for yourself.

There it is. I hope you didn't look.

God damnit, I almost looked! All that preamble, so enticing...:zoid:

Was that smilie(-y?) usage of well quality?

Yeah, that was brilliant use of the smiley there. Seeing it out of the corner of my eye made me read the post as if Zoidberg were saying it, making it all the more appropriate.

Really, I don't mind if you look. It makes no difference to me. I just want to make sure that people don't spoil the last puzzle without meaning to. Essentially all that preamble was just me covering my ass faster than someone trying to sneak a donkey over the border. (Get it? My ass? Like, a donkey? No? Fine. :getmecoat)

Heh, If I'm not mistaken Sir Eggerton Eggerton Green was Bosco's tutot for traditionnal english language. :)