Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

Idiots at work

I just asked a guy here if the jobs section on our website was up to date or not, and he said:

Hi James

Please keep unlamented as for the time being.

Many Thanks

Regards

[name removed]

WTF does that even mean?

any idiots where you work?

Can you lament being unlamented? Like, you know you should lament something, but you just can't and you lament that fact.

I like my job. Most people there are reasonably intelligent.

yes but it's not Spaff doing the lamenting, or unlemanting. Otherwise would have said "please remain unlamenting." What he wrote suggests that at some point Spaff will be lamented. I think he means "don't make me lament you", ie don't cause me any grief...

Or maybe he was stoned.

No, he isn't the source of lamentation towards Spaff. His plea clearly indicates that the lamenting is in Spaff's control, which wouldn't occur if the guy had already made up his mind to lament him in the future.

the point was, i wanted to know if i needed to update the site or not.

and then he made up a word.

And provided us with a bit of entertainment. Thank him next time. We've definitely unlamented his email.

ok yes it is a real word, but only barely (only 136,000 hits on google?), and it is completley useless in the real world, and also in that sentence hehe.

i can only assume he meant "don't change it for now, thanks"

one tme the same guy asked my boss how he could get the 'slanty text' in word.

Hearing about employed idiots only makes my joblessness harder to bear. I am probably slightly less of an idiot than the idiots where you guys work; can I replace them?

It's how he finishes with "as for the time being" which makes for a very unnatural ending to a sentence, in my opinion at least. The rest of the message throws you off as well, but that bit sort of makes my eyes twist and turn in a funny way.

Heh-heh

A guy at work told me that a major source of violence and crime in Montreal was immigration. He referred to one of the asian kids that worked there as 'Sushi Boy' and then got sacked for sexual harassment.

I think that it is pretty dim.

Ha ha rofl. That was funny. "Slanty text" lol?

Unfortunatly I don't have idiots like that where I work (at home w00t!). But I do have them where I go.

Cold

the guy at my work in charge of purchasing told me his computer is too slow and as a result needs a new monitor to speed things up.

(he is 66, and whoever half-assed taught him to even use a computer needs to be shot)

Maybe he was assuming you'd be dead by the time you got the message, and he doesn't like you, so he won't be lamenting your death. As for the "for the time being" bit, perhaps he was planning on starting to like you a while after you were dead.

But he's probably just a mongoloid.