LOPcagney

How did you find Idle Forums?

This is partially for me, as I get the feeling most of you here (or at least a few) know eachother from outside of this forum. I think it would be interresting to find out how everyone found this forum.

Post your story.

I found it after getting a link here from some review of the game Another World that was discussed some months back and joined after reading the article on (and buying) Gibbage, that indie-platformer from around the same time.

Waaaaaay back in the day, (we're talking like, I was 13 years old) I was looking for some like-minded adventure gamers. Everyone else in my Jr high was playing Team Fortress Classic and Day of Defeat while I was digging up old copies of the LucasArts adventure games and loving them. This was around 2000/2001. I started to seek out forums and sites devoted to classic adventure games and found myself enjoying Mixnmojo. I became a forum member there (under a different name) and took part in discussions for a couple of years. Of course, being 13 I had yet to reach a level of discourse many would find fitting to an intelligent forum, but I tried. When the Thumb was formed, I followed along to see what the mojo writers would do on the new site. (I'm looking at you, Spaff...) As such, I've been reading this site since it came into existence, but it took a while before I decided to join up with the forums here. Two years after registering, here I am.

...And yeah, I just turned 19. I have no idea what the average age on this forum is, but I get the feeling I'm on the young-ish side of things.

I was a big fan of the Lucasarts adventure games in the early 90s, and eventually stumbled upon Mixnmojo. Followed a link here from Mojo, lurked for a very long time, and finally joined last year. I'm not a fan of huge, impersonal communities with constant, bustling activity. It's cozy here.

Mix'n'Mojo led me to Adventuregamers. From there I ended up in here somehow.

I came to Idle T on a fine rubber boat that some jester sold me in 2004 at Adventuregamers.

I think it was a link from Mixnmojo. When I found the site, the first Mecha-Goose epic had just been published and I liked that so I hung around for a little while and then started posting my own stupid shit on the forums. I bet everyone was thrilled :shifty:

ahh Mojo.

I think most of the old time posters are from Mojo or Adventure gamers, a mish mash hybrid, just like the staffers.

But then a whole bunch of people are from the internets....

Adventuregamers.com for life, YO! Though I don't really visit those forums anymore... for no apparent reason. Actually, because it became cumbersome to keep them up. Idle Thumbs is much nicer because it's smaller and cosier and I know that if there's a new topic, there's at least a 85% chance it is both relevant and entertaining to me.

I found my way here because I've worked with Iain Simons occasionally, and saw the main site when he wrote a few pieces for it. I stuck around because it's a gaming forum without firearm and breast obsessions, though easily 90% of the sporadic periods I've spent here have consisted of lurking.

Grumpygamer actually.

I used to visit this site via Ron's blog, because I didn't remember the url to this place...

I'm not really much of a gamer, but I bought a wii and wanted to exchange some mii's, so I did a search on yahoo for wii number exchange and viola, here I am!!! I do find myself coming here numerous times a day and just reading through all the threads. BTW my birthday was December 23rd and I just turned 36, so I figure I'm on the opposite end of Miffy!!!

I came to Idle T on a fine rubber boat that some jester sold me in 2004 at Adventuregamers.

Me too! Only it was 2005 for me (and I was too chickenshit to post until just recently). :)

By the way (do please delete this if it has been covered, or move it to another place if not suited here, as I can't create a new topic myself)

Has idle thumbs officially sold themselves out?

There has been little new content, maybe because of this?!

IDLE THUMBS PRESS RELEASE

TOTAL HOME ENTERTAINMENT (THE) LAUNCHES IDLE THUMBS – INNOVATIVE AND STYLISH ACCESSORIES RANGE FOR IPOD AND PSP

This is to announce the launch of an innovative and stylish accessories range for iPod and PSP under the brand name “idle thumbs”. The extensive range comprises over 60 quality products and will be on sale from October 2006, with prices ranging from £3.99 to £29.99 (RRP). With a striking and distinctive design, idle thumbs has been created to offer a strong on-shelf presence and appeal to the design-conscious accessory consumer.

from http://www.the.co.uk/NewsArticle.asp?NewsID=207

Came across and/or was sent links to various articles here (remember those??). After a few of those and after some talk with local thumber Walter, I ventured out into that wasteland (header designed) forum, forever falling into its trap. Eventually, Walter disappeared leaving only me. I am alone and cold.

Guest crimestopper56

Hi, I am a wanker!

I'll be going now.

Hi there. I am part of a wonderful on-line discussion forum called Universal Chat Fest.

Hope to see you there!!

WHat?

Can you say, shameless advertising.

I'm wondering why they chose this thread specifically. I guess that rule about having 10 posts before you can create a new thread has it's drawbacks as well.

This site was mentioned on the thanks list on an episode of Consolevania. I hope I haven't been too abrasive as a new member.

PS do the guys who run the worthy site also post here?

I used to read 'Mojo, because they were the only site that I could find that would post interesting LucasArts stuff (hahaha, remember LucasArts? Oh, the times we had!). Never posted there, though. But found a liknk through Mojo, and I found it to be great to read.

i wish there were still articles though