Sign in to follow this  
toblix

What kind of game is Kingdom Hearts?

Depends how attached you are to Disney and/or square. I played it because it was cheap, mostly. It's not a bad game by any means. The camera and jumping is a bit irritating, but mostly it's competently done. It's just not really as fantastic as all the huge fans would have you believe unless you're really into either of the universes involved. For me it was fun, but nothing particularly jaw-dropping. I will admit though, that there was something so damned soothing about playing around in the Hundred Acre Wood for a little while after a really shit day at work or uni. On the other hand, the shitty jumping puzzles in the Alladin level almost made me quit entirely.

I stopped at Alice in Wonderland, because I couldn't get past the bit where someone got trapped in a cage and hitting was involved.

:stan: Also, we need a shrug emoticon, seeing as we don't have one right now, I must improvise

I was sceptical at first, seeing as both Squeenix and Disney are mediamoguls I kind of distrust. But the game has impeccable charm. That's its main attraction: good music, sound models and excellent voice acting. The downsides are horrible, rectangular level design (blocky and boring) and err... well, I haven't really actually played it, I just watched for hours as a roommate played it.

I never played the first one, but I'm still enjoying the second one. Apparently it fixes most of the problems with the first.