Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

Annoying gaming news site headlines

"Woman attacks pope; Christmas celebrations begin"

Haha, saw one similar on CNN Breaking News yesterday: "Woman knocks down pope at Mass; Christmas celebrations begin."

Later: "Pope delivers Christmas message after Mass attack." (It's funny if you read it out loud.)

Video games: the addiction

Tom Bissell was an acclaimed, prize-winning young writer. Then he started playing the video game Grand Theft Auto. For three years he has been cocaine addicted, sleep deprived and barely able to write a word. Any regrets? Absolutely none.

The article itself is a little tedious, but that subtitle had me laughing rather loudly.

Maybe. It would have been an XBLIG game rather than XBLA, as I understand, and they tend not to make as much. It's still funded by Channel 4 Education, and while I don't know details of any of those deals, I'm pretty sure they're not fucking developers over like a normal publisher might.

Also, as Dan said today:

Coming Soon from Zombie Cow: a game set on a GIANT FLESHY PLANET called, uh, Vagoo-Naahr. Should be fine.

Maybe. It would have been an XBLIG game rather than XBLA, as I understand, and they tend not to make as much. It's still funded by Channel 4 Education, and while I don't know details of any of those deals, I'm pretty sure they're not fucking developers over like a normal publisher might.

Also, as Dan said today:

Beatnik games did something similar too, which hasn't been announced, right?

I have been a games journalist for roughly three weeks and am already the Henrich Himmler of Headline war crime. I'm not going to link you to this site(who wants to be that guy?) but i said I'd join to let you guys read some of the worst ones.

Steam comes to Mac(It's a Grey's Anatomy thing):

Mac Steamy

Red Dead Redemption/Irish controversey (Father Ted Reference)

"I hear you're a racist now, Rockstar"

Red Dead Redemption/ Ice T controversy

IceT: is a player, hates this game.

Heavy Rain Movie:

Yo man, we heard you like game movies so we put a movie-game in your game-movie so can move your game while you game your movie.

App of the Dead

A whole new connection between the words “Apple” and “Shuffle”

Splatterhouse launch:

All A-gored the Splatterhouse Heavy Metal Launch Cruise

Hopefully my cringe-train will continue to roll on for a while yet.

Beatnik games did something similar too, which hasn't been announced, right?

Something to do with Ada Lovelace, but yeah, not many details around. C4 are funding a bunch of indies right now. They have an education budget, and decided that rather than spend it all on TV programming (which comes in at about £100K per hour unless you have the economies of scale of something like, say, Eastenders), they'd try commissioning games. So far things like 1066, Smokescreen and Routes have apparently shown really good engagement compared to telly...

I have been a games journalist for roughly three weeks and am already the Henrich Himmler of Headline war crime. I'm not going to link you to this site(who wants to be that guy?) but i said I'd join to let you guys read some of the worst ones.

Steam comes to Mac(It's a Grey's Anatomy thing):

Mac Steamy

Red Dead Redemption/Irish controversey (Father Ted Reference)

"I hear you're a racist now, Rockstar"

Red Dead Redemption/ Ice T controversy

IceT: is a player, hates this game.

Heavy Rain Movie:

Yo man, we heard you like game movies so we put a movie-game in your game-movie so can move your game while you game your movie.

App of the Dead

A whole new connection between the words “Apple” and “Shuffle”

Splatterhouse launch:

All A-gored the Splatterhouse Heavy Metal Launch Cruise

Hopefully my cringe-train will continue to roll on for a while yet.

My pun-filter just BSODed, well done.

Come on now, enterthewumpus, that's actually the proper way to write a headline, confusion between similar looking Gabe people and the episodes they touch aside.