Sign in to follow this  
Roderick

Miyamato's Teatable, by Rodi & n0wak

The [N]Gamer featuring my 6-page review of Twilight Princess is finally out, and in it a surprise sure to please all Thumbeteers! Those who read Dutch anyway.

teatable.jpg

Thanks to n0wak for allowing me to use his awesome animated GIF of course. The column wouldn't be the same without it!

Uhhh... for those of us who don't read Dutch, mind posting a quick translation?

The following is completely off topic, not really a spoiler of any kind. More a tangent about learning languages.

Swear to God, I intend to keep going on languages until my brain shuts down, but right now I'm still getting my feet wet with Japanese. (language #4) Maybe the next time 'round will be Dutch (actually, that'd be cool...) but that's at least 5 years away before I feel competent enough to try to add another one in.

Alright then, I will painstakingly translate it, for your reading pleasure.

-----------------

It's taking on mythical proportions: Shigeru Miyamoto's reported habit of 'upending the teatable', which refers to the old manga comic 'Hoshi and the Giants' wherein a strict father occasionally threw over the table. What is meant is that Miyamoto often comes with radical changes in the design at the last moment to perfect the game (consider Metroid Prime: long in ill health until the Japanese master reached for the tabletop and the game became a succes). According to the Twilight Princess team Miyamoto never touched their tea table. Instead, many 'lamentation-mails' came in from a disappointed Shigeru who had been attempting something in the game all night but hadn't gotten any reply from the inhabitants of Hyrule. So the tea table might have remained upright, at least one or two saucers were upended.

Thank you sir, I'dve fed it through a translator, but we all know how well that crap usually works out. :frusty:

Woo! I am in print. This beats that time I was quoted in the Globe and Mail for an article on "googlewhacking" :shifty:

That's a nice writeup. Now someone invent a paper magazine that supports animated GIF...

That's a nice writeup. Now someone invent a paper magazine that supports animated GIF...

FLIPBOOK!