General Fuzzy McBitty

Securing a Wii

Start queuing up at EBgames at 6am on the day they started taking pre-orders, secure your pre-order while missing a couple of hours of work. I've found that if you're working at a tech company, "pre-ordering a Wii" is a perfectly fine alibi for why you were two hours late. Then on Nov 19th make it to the store when it opens.

This is guaranteed to get you a Wii, although it might be a bit late to do this now.

SiN

On a tangent: it's fun to see that at our artschool too it was a perfectly legitimate excuse not to show up for a morning if you were getting your Wii. Great stuff, the widely acknowledged importance of the new Nintendo console.

I got my Wii by arriving an hour before a store that didn't take preorders, opened on the day they said the next batch would arrive.

My sister has a friend that works in a store who tips her about the arrival of the next batch... The whole office took a... "lunch break"..... :mock:

always go to stores where you would least suspect to carry one. Take Sears for example; I got my PS2 there before they closed ON launch day. They also had 2 wii's there for 3 days before anyone got them.

Yeah, noway I'm paying more for a Wii than a PS3. I got a great birthday present, which was a promise to get me a Wii from Best Buy, as their $250 pricing is reletively sane in the world of consuls. But now it's a bitch just to find one. Any they don't tell you when the next shipment gets in either. It's really all just luck. Anyway, I got a tip that a Best Buy near us is getting their next shipment between the 13th and the 15th, so I guess I'll start phoning around/camping out then.

By the way, if anyone's interrested and wants to just splurge, I have found a site that sells Wiis for $499, but you could probably find a much better deal on Ebay.

Any other tips as to who to talk to to find shipment dates etc.?

I live in the UK, I have a copy of Wii Twilight Princess, and I want a damn Wii.

Somebody help me. :(

I live in the UK, I have a copy of Wii Twilight Princess, and I want a damn Wii.

Somebody help me. :(

haha, I feel your pain.

i've got twilight princess and monkey ball, but no wii yet...

A friend of mine in Edinburgh got his at Argos. He stopped by as they were getting some in. Worth a try?

I listen to the radio station that held that contest. I remember hearing about it and thinking how silly the contest was but didn't follow it after that.

How sad.

My friend walked into a Best Buy and asked them "When do you think you're getting your next Wii shipment?" To which they replied "About ten minutes ago." While not exactly grasping the concept of "next," this comment nonetheless secured my friend a Wii. Just keep on trying, eventually the gods will smile upon you.

Or yeah, smite you with water. Fuck that's sad. My condolences to her children.

It's very sad, but the absurdity of it makes me giggle. Death by water overdose. Wow.

It's like any substance, if you take in too much your body can't handle it.

Ever watch someone try to drink even half of a gallon of milk in an hour?

I usually drink half a litre of milk at once during my lunch break, but last week I had a whole litre. No problem. It's not a gallon of course. BUt yes, I knew it was dangerous, ODing on liquid, but it's still a silly death.

Sometimes death is funny.

Think of the kids though, her death on their consciences forever. ;(

Some head trauma and you've probably got a grade A serial killer right there.

Think of the kids though, her death on their consciences forever. ;(

Some head trauma and you've probably got a grade A serial killer right there.

She should have thought of her kids before deciding to partake in a contest that stupid for a Wii. Christ, wait until you can get in stores like the rest of us!

Also, would this be a serial killer going around killing radio morning show hosts? If so, it wouldn't be all bad. Maybe they could make a TV series out of it.

Also, would this be a serial killer going around killing radio morning show hosts? If so, it wouldn't be all bad. Maybe they could make a TV series out of it.

I imagine something like that, but Miyamoto would most likely get a taste of the shiv too. Probably some poor ocean as well.