Sign in to follow this  
Marek

GoTY 2006 meta thread

I didn't want to post anything in the original thread because that would be like leaving footprints in fresh cement. Or putting stickers on a new MacBook. Or... something.

I just wanna say that's an awesome thread. I hope more people add to it.

Yeah, it'd be nice to reach two or three pages so that you could get an overview of the forum users. Maybe some people are a bit intimidated by the fact that there's a level of quality that has to be maintained. Pictures, formatting and paragraphs and so on. That's good though. Having people spam the shit out of a thread like that leads to nothing of quality.

You should make the other staffers post though, since you're not doing a feature this year.

I hope someone posts more personal goty posts in that thread, I hate when I'm the last one there. It makes me feel like thread killer. :hmph:

But yeah it's a excellent thread, there should be more posts there.

Fourth'd. Quality thread. Maybe the Thumb can even wring some nice wrap-up article out of it, digesting our picks-of-the-year into actual new content.

Fourth'd. Quality thread. Maybe the Thumb can even wring some nice wrap-up article out of it, digesting our picks-of-the-year into actual new content.

Post (in full) your favorite article that the Thumb could have written this past year!

(Following Mareks desire not to pollute the original thread, here a comment)

Ben, there was nothing wrong with your analysis of Shadow of the Collossus, so stop excusing yourself for delving into NGJ when writing. Remember, it isn't a taboo -unless you choose it to be. Great addition to the topic, it's nice to hear a personal story about the game.

I'd like to add that the prints look very good and would consider having something like that 'round here. Is it something you did yourself or is it possible to purchase a high quality print from the game (perhaps even concept art) somewhere?

I like that of the nine games on jaf's list, ONE is from 2006.

I am also working on a post in the interests of prolonging the life of the thread (possibly just by one post.) And even though I said "working" all I actually have is a clever joke that maybe 45% of people will get. :frown:

I like that of the nine games on jaf's list, ONE is from 2006.

I am also working on a post in the interests of prolonging the life of the thread (possibly just by one post.) And even though I said "working" all I actually have is a clever joke that maybe 45% of people will get. :frown:

I hardly buy games on launch day anymore... not even on launch year! :grin:

Edit: As far as I know SOTC and Legend were published in 2006 in europe though...

I'd like to add that the prints look very good and would consider having something like that 'round here. Is it something you did yourself or is it possible to purchase a high quality print from the game (perhaps even concept art) somewhere?

They weren't purchased like that - I don't know the exact details as Alex was responsible for them, but I believe they were blown up and touched up. I'll ask him for details.

Yeah they look great. I already have the artbook, the soundtrack and the Nico DVD and I'd like to get the figures some day...

And I want these!: :)

normal_wanda3.jpg

wanda1-thumb.jpg

Concerning Rocket Slime: apparently it's not even coming out here in Europe? What the hell is up with that? I asked my editor and looked at him really cutesy and he said I may be allowed to do an import review (for [N]Gamer). It seems like such a nice, original game.