Sign in to follow this  
Aussie Ben

Let's Talk About Rayman Again

Well, I beat RR in a couple of days, so the unlock gripe isn't really that big a deal. It's not like it's hard to get the stuff. I can only see it really popping up if you bought the game on the way to a friend's house and were just getting it out of the shrink wrap before going for some party play. Here's something to help you avoid sifting through Monkey Ball. For some reason, I find Monkey Darts really addictive. And of course Monkey Wars manages to have superior shooter control to Red Steel, so that's a fun one too if you have a bunch of controllers. (I have 2, so does a friend of mine, so 4 player deathmatch becomes viable when we hang out.)

Are there any good Rabbid wallpapers around? I could definitely put one on my desktop right now.

It'll be a little while before I can get my grubby mitts on a Wii, but just to keep my hope alive: does Raving Rabbits have the same level of humor and energy as the ads?

Well, I beat RR in a couple of days, so the unlock gripe isn't really that big a deal. It's not like it's hard to get the stuff. I can only see it really popping up if you bought the game on the way to a friend's house and were just getting it out of the shrink wrap before going for some party play. Here's something to help you avoid sifting through Monkey Ball. For some reason, I find Monkey Darts really addictive. And of course Monkey Wars manages to have superior shooter control to Red Steel, so that's a fun one too if you have a bunch of controllers. (I have 2, so does a friend of mine, so 4 player deathmatch becomes viable when we hang out.)

Yeah, you basically described my experience the first time playing RR.

And oh yes, I have four controllers. I think I may have mentioned on another post somewhere that my friend and I were very impressed with the FPS controls on that mini game, but I haven't played Red Steal to compare. It was really obvious and intuitive, so I'm not sure how they screwed it up on an FPS-devoted game.

Many of the other Monkey Ball mini games, however, are far from intuitive. None of my friends could figure out what is going on in Red Light, Green Light, for example. I haven't tried darts (along with probably 30 others), so I'll have to give it a shot.

It'll be a little while before I can get my grubby mitts on a Wii, but just to keep my hope alive: does Raving Rabbits have the same level of humor and energy as the ads?

Yes.

Very yes. Although Far Cry apparently does not have the energy and humour of that ad. Here's to the Rabbids becoming the new Ubi mascots!

Went to a small party last night, drunk as hell, having no idea that the house owner had a Wii. So I got to play the Wild West shooting game in Raving Rabbids and MAN was it a lot of fun. And those Rabbids are just hilarious. Felt just like playing Time Crisis in the arcades only a whole lot more funnier.

Yeah, although I myself love all of Rabbids to bits for its sheer manic...ness..., the general game didn't seem to have the "Oh-I-can-play-this-ness" that, say, Wii Sports/Play does when I just show them to my brother and his wife. But, the Rabbids shooting bits? Genius. "Shoot with this, shake this to reload, play together, you guys are set." It was hilarious watching them play the shooter in co-op. I would really like to see a whole game dedicated to a polished version of the shooter sections (preferably starring the Rabbids). The comedy potential is IMMENSE.

Oh, just had a look at Hoodlum Havoc GC - after all that, it turns out that I can't help you, sorry. I have two saved games - a regular one, where I'm about halfway through the game, and a cheater's game, where I just maxed my score out to 99999999 using an action replay. I can't see the 2D platformer on either of those, and I seem to have been too lazy to finish any of the bonus games. Sorry.

As for Rayman Rabbids DS, I'll definitely be checking that out. Looks like fun - a sort of hybrid between Rabbids Wii and Rabbids GBA. Neat!

More screenshots of Raving Rabbits on the DS :

lapinds_01.jpg

lapinds_02.jpg

lapinds_03.jpg

Meh, 'could be good.

Yeah, seeing as I got the GBA version and liked it heaps, I think I'll pick up this one too. Who knows, maybe I'll see some cross-cart promotion or something. It's really looking pretty slick.

I've been trying out Rayman DS (the Rayman 2 conversion) and I don't like it. The control scheme just doesn't work all that well. Pity. Raving Rabbids DS seems to be a lot more fun; nice and 2D.

I liked the touch-screen navigated platform levels. They get pretty hectic when you have four powers and have to switch between them. The standard platforming is, well, standard platforming. It's not awful by any means, it's just not mindblowing for the most part.