chunks

Wii number exchange

I got 2 questions for anyone kindly enough to answer them.

i) does my "internet configuration" explain why I'm Billy-No-WiiMates? (or is it because, like in reality, people take a preternatural disliking to me?)

ii) Will Wii only be able to play multiplayer games with people we've registered?

May the blessings of Allah Most Merciful be upon you if you answer.

First off, how did you find these forums? And secondly why should I (or any of us) add you to my wii friends list?

I got 2 questions for anyone kindly enough to answer them.

i) does my "internet configuration" explain why I'm Billy-No-WiiMates? (or is it because, like in reality, people take a preternatural disliking to me?)

ii) Will Wii only be able to play multiplayer games with people we've registered?

May the blessings of Allah Most Merciful be upon you if you answer.

i) Possible. Personally though, I just haven't had a chance to add the latest batch of people to put up numbers yet, so you'll be added tonight when I get home from work.

ii) That's the idea. Although Pokemon Battle Revolution's release in Japan actually has it's own separate code in the game that's different from system codes. You may in fact have to do this for each new game. On the upside, having people already available to send messages to means that you can just send your code straight from Wii to Wii without having to fuck around with forums like this.

Thank you for the answers and it's sincerely no chore to fuck around on these forums.

ps why should you HAVE to know someone from Adam (my name incidently) to play online multiplayer? Who gives a toss if you're Oscar Wilde or Alfred Brambell when all you're going be doing is shooting each other in the face?

While that was probably intended for Ysbreker, I'll give my answer too, as I feel similarly about not adding total strangers.

Maybe it's really not as important on the Wii as it is on the Xbox. The absence of voice chat makes you less likely to be irritated by some 10 year old Halo freak. Still, I always prefer to be playing with people that I know. There's already a bit of camaraderie between you, and you know that when you lose there will soon be a rematch and thus a chance to regain your honour. It's a good way to make accquaintances into decent friends, as a little healthy competition tends to do. Maybe I'm weird like that. Back in the CS days, my friends and I would just set up private servers and play each other. I really developed a taste for playing with people I know. Whenever I go online with total strangers it just feels hollow. I'll never hear from this person again, and I have no idea how to treat them now. They may be perfectly fine if I were talking as if I were playing Settlers drunk with my friends. They may, on the other hand, be some very young kid who doesn't know what half the words I use mean, and knows that the other half is amazingly offensive. So there's that extra element of caution keeping you reserved and from fully enjoying yourself.

Essentially, playing with friends (and even recent but "got a good feeling about this guy" accquaintances) is just more relaxing and rewarding for me than playing with strangers. Less inhibitions, less pretense, more fun. I'm not against adding any of these new arrivals, but if I get a PM saying "add me," (as I now have on a couple of occasions) I'll send a PM right back saying "first let me get a feel for your personality." Is that so much to ask?

The thanks was intended for you (miffy), and no, it isn't too much to ask. But I've always been spectical about how far you can take online relationships, ever since I thought Xbox Live would be my ticket out of loansome single-playerdom. (til I realised no American can apparently understand the English accent) None of my visible friends have any interest in gaming, so I look to the internet for some kind of anonymous indulgence with like-minded, nameless thrill-seekers.

I didn't mean any kind of real deep friendship. That's damned, damned hard to come anywhere near if you never see the person. Just that you kind of know these people so you can relax more when playing with them. That's the main draw.

(And I got that the thanks was for me. It was your PS question that I thought was intended for Ysbreker)

hey i wanna get as many Wii numbers on my system as i can get.. if you can send me a message on her or just leave a post telling that you added me ill be sure to add you.

Kev-Bone: 0393 5335 0557 6828

Alright...I FINALLY got a Wii, and added everyone on this thread as a friend in the address book. Now I hope some cool Mii's start showing up - especially Phoenix Wright and Sacha Nein!

EDIT: Okay, it's late and I stupidly forgot to include my own Wii number so you can register me back. Here it is:

6166 0036 7632 7831

Expect Miis VERY SOON.

Oh your signature reminds me, I should totally try to make a Mackenzie Mii. It probably wouldn't be too hard, I'm sure I've seen those MASSIVE TERRIFYING EYES before.

Expect Miis VERY SOON.

Oh your signature reminds me, I should totally try to make a Mackenzie Mii. It probably wouldn't be too hard, I'm sure I've seen those MASSIVE TERRIFYING EYES before.

Ooooh, a Mackenzie Mii would be so sweet!!! I tried to make an Edgeworth Mii, but it didn't work out so well. Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting some sweet Miis. noyb sent me Fone Bone, which was pretty cool.

Holy shit. We should start some kind of Rent A Friend Wii service. Get rich by whoring out your Wii!*

*See what I did there?

Holy shit. We should start some kind of Rent A Friend Wii service. Get rich by whoring out your Wii!*

*See what I did there?

WTF does that mean??

Hey peeps brand spanking new to the world of wii so please feel free to add my number thanks and enjoy your gaming!

4507 9068 5559 1802

hope iam doing this right btu we do add people through the register optin in adress book

hope iam doing this right btu we do add people through the register optin in adress book

Not to be too harsh, but this definitely isn't doing anything right.

Yea i know my bad on the gramer. Anywho just curious though, do you know if once you have registered a wii number if it sends that person a request of some sort? like it does with the emails...For example when you register somebodys email and send them a message it sends a request to the registered email. cuase i have added all these numbers and havent gotten anything back guess no body on here is playing thier wiis as often, thanks for any feedback

I'm having real trouble getting my Wii to use my wifi network. I just recently got a Belkin F5D7632-4. It's a combo adsl modem and router, but I only need it as a router. The internet works fine on my computer using the router, wired. But the Wii nor DS can gain access.

Now for the weird bit. For some reason I can't access the IP address (192.168.2.1) to change any of the settings on the router. It just times out when trying to get there. So I imagine the Wii can't gain access because the security is set at high levels, but I can't change them without getting to that IP address.

Is anybody here more network savvy than I? Or just random suggestions, at this point I'll try practically anything.