Sign in to follow this  
Roderick

Elections in the Lowlands!

It's disturbing that Wilder got so much seats because it's really the same sort of thing that Fortuyn said and did and a lot of good that has brought us. Also, his arguments are easy to counter and see through.

I think it's actually pretty cool that the Party for Animals has won two seats. Note that a lot of people who voted for them, I think, were people who weren't planning on voting, disappointed with politics, and then decided to go for the animals. I'm happy for them.

On a macro scale; the left wing has stolen about 9 seats from the right wing, which is a great accomplishment in the first place!

I think you can blame people only using the advice of stemwijzer for that

It's disturbing that Wilder got so much seats because it's really the same sort of thing that Fortuyn said and did and a lot of good that has brought us. Also, his arguments are easy to counter and see through.

I call bullshit. Fortuyn had different views on certain key aspects also Fortuyn was never able to execute his "plan". The retarded bunch that remained didn't have any directions.

You can compare Wilders with the LPF without Pim Fortuyn.

Alright, true. That wasn't a very educated comment of me. Suffice it to say I disagree vehemently with a lot of the things Wilders says. Or maybe, even more with how he says it.

Normally I'm not a fan of one-issue parties, but I'm content with 2 seats for the party animals. :D (And I'm not even a vegetarian or vegan.)

The media is focusing a bit much on the VVD right now, which seems logical, but their defeat isn't that spectacular compared to that of the PvdA. I mean, the PvdA had the huge advantage of not being involved in leading the country, so they got *really* punished, if you know what I mean.

I don't see the current results as a major cry for a left wing government either, to be honest. Most people still voted CDA, which is quite remarkable since they executed some of the most unpopular policies ever.

What people want, from how I see it, is a more social government, but without the massive change and the uncertainty that ensues from change. CDA seems to be able to provide that stability. The question is, who's gonna take care of the much-needed sociability? Can you imagine CDA ruling together with SP, for example? Heh. Interesting.

--Erwin