Sign in to follow this  
elmuerte

ELMUERTE'S Thread of LIESSSS

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/issue/71/4

Journalism, in general, has turned into this fresh-faced hucksterism where "journalists" pretend to be interested in getting the story when they really care more about winning some prize or looking good on their interview on Nightline.
Take for example Idle Thumbs. The only thing they care about it bitching about everything. I'm sure they'll bitch about this as soon as the article has been posted
Even worse, gamers get used to that as the "norm," so "game journalism" is reduced to the aforementioned regurgitation. I think that's why we've seen the rise of blogs like Kotaku and Joystiq who report on the reports and infuse personality into their reports

hahahaha

awesome.

we do bitch about everything... mainly becuse we havent got a running site any more and it depresses us ¬¬

qotm.

I think you made this Archie fellow up to make us feel more important and prompt us to update the site...

Erm I couldn't find that archie bunker part in the mag anywhere

That's because Archie Bunker is a fictional character from a 1970's sitcom and he doesn't know shit about game journalism.

:erm: that's because I made up that part... I thought that would be obvious

No it wasn't, you fucking lying time waster!!!

Three of us all sat here scanning the article for that quote, repeatedly!!!

I read the entire magazine, you have wasted so much of my time, GAH! Erk. GODDAMNIT

You guys don't know Archie Bunker? Wow.

Game journalism is a nice topic to discuss but let's not drag Idle Thumbs into it. The site is clearly in limbo and doesn't really stand for anything at the moment.

pfff... thread of lies... that's a lie. It was only a single lie.

And what's wrong with spending time to read the rest of the magazine. It's not like you have anything better to do.

I am a doctor and I have patients to see to. Because of this thread, some patients may die.

So according to Luke Smith, "Game Journalism" is just the reporting of reports by reporters, which is why the report reporting by bloggers is so refreshing.

Luke Smith was making a point about how journalists need to find news and not just get it from press releases. He isn't saying blogs are doing that, he's saying blogs compensate for the regurgitation thing by imbueing their news with personality.

Luke Smith was making a point about how journalists need to find news and not just get it from press releases. He isn't saying blogs are doing that, he's saying blogs compensate for the regurgitation thing by imbueing their news with personality.

That's what I said. Er, reported. I was just making fun of the fact that he said "report" five times in one paragraph. Maybe journalists should invest in a thesaurus.

I am a doctor and I have patients to see to. Because of this thread, some patients may die.

You're a doctor? Hopefully those poor saps die before you get your hands on them. ;(

--Erwin

:erm: Interesting, even thought the titles says "elmuerte's thread of liessss" my lies (well, lie) are outnumbers by the lies of someone else.

Your method of counting appears to be flawed.... the number of lies is equal....

technically I guess that means your last post is a lie, so therefore you can reclaim the crown :P

Ok well

If I was to claim that I just found my half-brother who I never knew existed, not to mention about four long-lost cousins, a long-lost uncle and a long-lost aunt, and a niece and a nephew who is two days old, would you take this to be a lie or not?

And if I was to further elaborate and say that my long-lost half brother was one of the final 33 in Pop Idol, and has a name which is a combination of the main characters names from Silent Hill 1 and 2, what would you say?

Is it a lie, or the truth? you decide.