Sign in to follow this  
Aussie Ben

Viva Pinata

So, I heard this came out in the US a couple o' days ago. Anyone had a chance to have a look at it yet? (I see that you can download Jet Force Gemini gear for your pinatas on marketplace already.) I really think this is gonna be a lot of fun - I can't wait to send one of those evil pinatas to a friend! MAYHEM.

I command this topic to WISE FWOM ITS GWAVE

Okay, so I actually got a copy of this game now, and I really like it.

...but for the life of me I don't know why. It's nice to build a garden, and the pinatas are cute. But, not unlike Animal Crossing, trying to explain to someone what the game's about makes it sound like the dullest thing ever.

"So, what's the game about?"

"Well, basically, you build a garden. And, um, depending on how you build the garden, different animals are attracted to it. So, if you put lots of water in it, you'll get frogs, and if you plant tall grass, you'll get deer."

"But they're not animals, are they?"

"Well, no, they're pinatas. But, um, like real animals..."

"What?"

"Well, if you have worms in the garden, they'll attract sparrows. And snakes will eat mice. And, um..."

It's usually around this time that I lose my tepid audience and they either talk about Gears of War or go and play Guitar Hero II. But it is fun! Honest! I think?

I mail-ordered it, as I usually save about $20 when I mail order a 360 game versus buying it directly. It hasn't arrived yet, but I'll be sure to chip in when it gets here. It really does look awesome, but for the time being I'm just waiting... ;(

A demo on Marketplace would be nice. I'm a huge fan of Rare, been one since Donkey Kong Country, and except for Grabs, I've loved every game they've pushed out, even Kameo. However, even with that said, I've played both Animal Crossing and The Sims (made possible by my sister's obsession with them), and I didn't enjoy them at all. So... I can't make up my mind if this is really something I'd get into or not.

Ohh, today I watched the Consolevania episode again on work where Rare gets a challenge from Team.

TEAAAAAAMMMM!!